Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Finally, someone doing right for the Veterans that served this country
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A Secretary Makes a Bold Declaration After Seeing Horrific Sight Outside California Veterans' Hospital

All 40 veterans living in a homeless camp near the West Los Angeles VA Medical Center will have housing by Nov. 1, according to Department of Veterans Affairs Secretary Denis McDonough.

https://www.westernjournal.com/va-secret...1CNN7AuEQ8
I love what this organization does in Kansas City. A tiny house village where veterans not only have a place to live but are given the resources to eventually go out on their own. It's truly a great program and I wish every major city could get on the same page.

ETA: I just realized I forgot to share the link. It's been a long but good weekend. 

Link

It's called Veterans Community Project.
The VA offers all kinds of programs to help homeless Veterans. In many cases, Veterans simply aren't aware of the benefits that are available. The VA doesn't just provide housing, but they will also pay utility bills, provide cell phones, etc.
(10-24-2021, 06:10 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]The VA offers all kinds of programs to help homeless Veterans.  In many cases, Veterans simply aren't aware of the benefits that are available.  The VA doesn't just provide housing, but they will also pay utility bills, provide cell phones, etc.

The VA is also overwhelmed with veterans who need assistance and not enough people to help them in a timely manner so the veterans give up. It would be super helpful if communities would get involved like the one I referenced above. They do fantastic things.