Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week In the AFC South-Week 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last week, the good guys had a bye after their triumph over the Dolphins in London.  This has enabled the Jaguars to get healthier, even though the team has disclosed that DJ Chark and AJ Cann will be out for the remainder of the year with their injuries.  There has been some speculation the Jaguars may be active in pursuing a trade, but until a trade actually materializes we can't count on any real roster changes.  Even assuming a trade does happen, it would be a couple of weeks before any real impact could be felt by the new guy.  Anyhow even at 1-5, it feels better now than it would be if we were still winless.  As it stands, we are no longer in dead [BLEEP] last place.  Meanwhile, the first place tacks had another impressive showing, a 27-3 thumping of the AFC Champion Chiefs.  Right now, tack RB Derrick Henry is on a tear that is having him draw comparisons to all time great RBs.  In San Francisco, the Colts managed to beat the host 49ers, who arguably are as disappointing as the Chiefs.  Finally, the Texams, as expected, were thumped by the Cardinals, and now occupy the AFC South Cellar all by themselves by a half game.

Because I missed on the Colts, I finished last week 2-1.  Hopefully I can get back to an undefeated mark this week.

One last housekeeping note.  Based upon your feedback, I have decided to keep the thread here.

Tennessee (5-2) at Colts (3-4)  The Colts have a good defense, but I don't see them or anybody else stopping Derrick Henry any time soon.  I don't think their offense, with all of theirr injuries, are good enough to offset the Tack offense or overcome the tack defense.  Tacks win 23-17.

L.A. Rams (6-1) at Houston (1-6) This game looks to be as lopsided against the Texans as it seemed last week.  The Rams have defense for days, and I don't see the Texans having much success moving the ball or scoring.  Rams win 24-10.

Jaguars (1-5) at Seattle (2-5)  In years past, this would have been an easy game to pick as a Jaguars' blowout loss.  The team typically has not traveled well out west.  However, this is not the Seahawks team we have known to be the perennial playoff team.  Their main catalyst, QB Russell Wilson, is out with an injury, to be replaced by Geno Smith.  Let's just say he is no Russell Wilson.  But the Seahawks ailments far surpass just missing Russell Wilson.  Their defense has fallen off a cliff.  The Seahawks come in ranked 31st in total defense, and based on statistical rankings, the Jaguars actually come into this game with a considerably better defense.  Trevor Lawrence has played well of late, and had his career best game against Miami.  Daniel Jeremiah actually argued that absent Russell Wilson, the Jaguars are actually more talented than Seattle.  Despite all of this, however, I am not quite prepared to go out on a limb and predict another Jaguars win, though I am thinking about it.  Seahawks win 23-21.

Last week:  2-1
Overall:   16-7
Colts
Rams
Seahawks
Allright, diving right in....3-0 last week, pulled ahead of Bullseye (and a few others), but still trailing Rico (and maybe others?), 17-6 on the year.

tacks 23 indynoplace 21: this is a tough one to call. I think injuries catch up to the 'shoes, though. The only way they win is with a 2:1 time of possession victory. Can they force Tannehill to beat them? I don't think so.

Rams 33 tinhorns 5: Crazy chaos mikey wants to see a tinhorns win here, but they are aggressively outmatched. Instead, let's see if they can score 5 points in consecutive weeks. I wonder if Jalen thinks Webb is trash, too.

DUVAL 23 hawks 21: I know the narrative about West Coast letdowns. We did just fine in London, and the hawks are riddled with injury. For all the complainers out there, keeping Wingard 20-odd yards off the LOS may be the best way to keep Metcalf under wraps. That, or sack Geno early and often. I think the win gives the team some confidence, and the team can now focus on just making plays and not worrying about some silly streak.

And in honor of Sunday being Halloween...Trick or treat, smell my feet, screw the tacks!
2-1 last week
15-8 overall

Titans over Colts
Rams over Texans
Seahawks over Jaguars
18-5 overall
3-0 last week

Clots - don't know why.  Gut feeling that maybe the tacks aren't as up for the game after squashing the Chefs.
Rams - Do I really need a reason?
Seahawks - As much as I want to pick the boys, I think it would be wishful thinking.
Last week 1-2
Overall 15-8

Tennessee 34 Indianapolis 20
L.A. Rams 38 Houston 6
Jacksonville 30 Seattle 17
I'll go tacks, rams, hawks.

I think the tacks win but hopefully Henry gets his ACL torn in this game and the tacks nosedive. 27-23.

Rams should easily beat the texans. 31-6

If the Jaguars win this game I'll start picking them regularly, but I still doubt they do. I expect multiple long TDs for the hawks, so something like 27-21 Jags lose.

2-1 last week, 15-8 aggregate.
14-9

tacks
rams
Jags
I'm 14-9  overall . lets go with 

tittians

Rams

Seahawks-unforttanttly jags are #1 at loseing to back up qbs even when we had a good defense we still lost to back qbs.  it sure looks to me like we lose games more often to back up qbs then any other team. of course we are loseing to starting qbs last couple of years too.
Colts
Rams
Jaguars

3-0  last week
16-7  overall
Tacks
Rams
Jags

Last week:
2-1

Overall:
14-9
(10-29-2021, 06:20 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]I'll go tacks, rams, hawks.

I think the tacks win but hopefully Henry gets his ACL torn in this game and the tacks nosedive. 27-23.

Rams should easily beat the texans. 31-6

If the Jaguars win this game I'll start picking them regularly, but I still doubt they do. I expect multiple long TDs for the hawks, so something like 27-21 Jags lose.

2-1 last week, 15-8 aggregate.

I understand we can't stand the tittians,and we all want the team to lose,but please stop wishing injury on another teams player. 1. its being a bad sport.  2. Karma will catch up to you, and our jags could lose a key player.

we suck enough without a injury to key player. please stop  wishing injury on other team player before krama catches up to you,and we lose someone key to our team. I don't want to see any player on any team get hurt.
(10-29-2021, 12:11 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Last week, the good guys had a bye after their triumph over the Dolphins in London.  This has enabled the Jaguars to get healthier, even though the team has disclosed that DJ Chark and AJ Cann will be out for the remainder of the year with their injuries.  There has been some speculation the Jaguars may be active in pursuing a trade, but until a trade actually materializes we can't count on any real roster changes.  Even assuming a trade does happen, it would be a couple of weeks before any real impact could be felt by the new guy.  Anyhow even at 1-5, it feels better now than it would be if we were still winless.  As it stands, we are no longer in dead [BLEEP] last place.  Meanwhile, the first place tacks had another impressive showing, a 27-3 thumping of the AFC Champion Chiefs.  Right now, tack RB Derrick Henry is on a tear that is having him draw comparisons to all time great RBs.  In San Francisco, the Colts managed to beat the host 49ers, who arguably are as disappointing as the Chiefs.  Finally, the Texams, as expected, were thumped by the Cardinals, and now occupy the AFC South Cellar all by themselves by a half game.

Because I missed on the Colts, I finished last week 2-1.  Hopefully I can get back to an undefeated mark this week.

One last housekeeping note.  Based upon your feedback, I have decided to keep the thread here.

Tennessee (5-2) at Colts (3-4)  The Colts have a good defense, but I don't see them or anybody else stopping Derrick Henry any time soon.  I don't think their offense, with all of theirr injuries, are good enough to offset the Tack offense or overcome the tack defense.  Tacks win 23-17.

L.A. Rams (6-1) at Houston (1-6) This game looks to be as lopsided against the Texans as it seemed last week.  The Rams have defense for days, and I don't see the Texans having much success moving the ball or scoring.  Rams win 24-10.

Jaguars (1-5) at Seattle (2-5)  In years past, this would have been an easy game to pick as a Jaguars' blowout loss.  The team typically has not traveled well out west.  However, this is not the Seahawks team we have known to be the perennial playoff team.  Their main catalyst, QB Russell Wilson, is out with an injury, to be replaced by Geno Smith.  Let's just say he is no Russell Wilson.  But the Seahawks ailments far surpass just missing Russell Wilson.  Their defense has fallen off a cliff.  The Seahawks come in ranked 31st in total defense, and based on statistical rankings, the Jaguars actually come into this game with a considerably better defense.  Trevor Lawrence has played well of late, and had his career best game against Miami.  Daniel Jeremiah actually argued that absent Russell Wilson, the Jaguars are actually more talented than Seattle.  Despite all of this, however, I am not quite prepared to go out on a limb and predict another Jaguars win, though I am thinking about it.  Seahawks win 23-21.

Last week:  2-1
Overall:   16-7

Sadly, I went 3-0 this week.

I was hoping my Jaguars would prove me wrong, but this new era adopted old traditions of laying eggs on the west coast.

This week:  3-0
Overall:  19-7
Titans are 1st seed in the AFC.
(10-30-2021, 09:37 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm 14-9  overall . lets go with 

tittians

Rams

Seahawks-unforttanttly jags are #1 at loseing to back up qbs even when we had a good defense we still lost to back qbs.  it sure looks to me like we lose games more often to back up qbs then any other team. of course we are loseing to starting qbs last couple of years too.

3-0 this week    17-9 overall.  we all need to really thank the dolphins for handing us the game in lodndon cause without that we would've gone 0-17 for sure. Jags are not winning another game this year/season
(10-30-2021, 07:34 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: [ -> ]Colts
Rams
Jaguars

3-0  last week
16-7  overall

Colts fought about as hard as I expected them to.
Jags...not so much  Sad

1-2  this week
17-9  overall
(10-29-2021, 08:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]14-9

tacks
rams
Jags

2-1

16-10 overall
(10-29-2021, 12:18 PM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]18-5 overall
3-0 last week

Clots - don't know why.  Gut feeling that maybe the tacks aren't as up for the game after squashing the Chefs.
Rams - Do I really need a reason?
Seahawks - As much as I want to pick the boys, I think it would be wishful thinking.

2-1 this week.  Thought I had called the Colts right
20-6 overall
(10-29-2021, 09:33 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]Allright, diving right in....3-0 last week, pulled ahead of Bullseye (and a few others), but still trailing Rico (and maybe others?), 17-6 on the year.

tacks 23 indynoplace 21: this is a tough one to call. I think injuries catch up to the 'shoes, though. The only way they win is with a 2:1 time of possession victory. Can they force Tannehill to beat them? I don't think so.

Rams 33 tinhorns 5: Crazy chaos mikey wants to see a tinhorns win here, but they are aggressively outmatched. Instead, let's see if they can score 5 points in consecutive weeks. I wonder if Jalen thinks Webb is trash, too.

DUVAL 23 hawks 21: I know the narrative about West Coast letdowns. We did just fine in London, and the hawks are riddled with injury. For all the complainers out there, keeping Wingard 20-odd yards off the LOS may be the best way to keep Metcalf under wraps. That, or sack Geno early and often. I think the win gives the team some confidence, and the team can now focus on just making plays and not worrying about some silly streak.

And in honor of Sunday being Halloween...Trick or treat, smell my feet, screw the tacks!

welp. 2-1 puts me at 19-7.

might be a while before I pick the Jags again, that burn gonna take some time to heal.
Derrick Henry has injured foot. Could miss the remainder of the year.
Pages: 1 2