Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Biden Admin Issues First US Passport in History with ‘X’ Gender Marker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Biden Admin Issues First US Passport in History with ‘X’ Gender Marker

The Biden administration has made an unprecedented decision regarding gender identity.
The State Department confirmed that they issued the first U.S. passport with an “X” gender marker.
This provides a third option for American passport holders who do not identify as female or male.

https://www.analyzingamerica.org/2021/10...L9YIIp6VIE
Not the hero we need, but the hero we deserve.
so a single X chromosome.
Now the question is if all countries will accept it.
(11-01-2021, 10:53 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Now the question is if all countries will accept it.

I was thinking the same thing.  I think it should be rejected on the simple basis that it makes identification more difficult.
(11-01-2021, 10:53 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Now the question is if all countries will accept it.

I guess we have now come to the point of needing other countries to inject sanity back into our society.
(11-01-2021, 12:24 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]

I guess we have now come to the point of needing other countries to inject sanity back into our society.

It's pretty sad that the best country to do it is Poland.
15+ other countries recognize a non-binary option.
(11-01-2021, 03:06 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]15+ other countries recognize a non-binary option.

Out of 195? Cool numbers.
(11-01-2021, 03:17 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2021, 03:06 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]15+ other countries recognize a non-binary option.

Out of 195? Cool numbers.

It's just a statement of fact, don't be so defensive. The gist of your post was that Biden was the only one asking for it.

Now my OPINION is that it seems unnecessary but I doubt the US will be the last.
(11-01-2021, 03:25 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2021, 03:17 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]Out of 195? Cool numbers.

It's just a statement of fact, don't be so defensive. The gist of your post was that Biden was the only one asking for it.

Now my OPINION is that it seems unnecessary but I doubt the US will be the last.

Was I being defensive?

Snarky perhaps. But not defensive. Just stating a fact that there are 195 countries - and I guarantee you 160 of them will never adopt it.
(11-01-2021, 03:27 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2021, 03:25 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]It's just a statement of fact, don't be so defensive. The gist of your post was that Biden was the only one asking for it.

Was I being defensive?

Snarky perhaps. But not defensive. Just stating a fact that there are 195 countries - and I guarantee you 160 of them will never adopt it.

Why 160 specifically? Most of the EU countries will likely adopt it as well as most of the Americas I'd guess.

African and Eastern counties are less likely but Nepal has adopted it so who knows?
Just because a country adopts it doesn't mean it's people will..
(11-01-2021, 04:14 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Just because a country adopts it doesn't mean it's people will..

If an adult wants to identify as a lampshade, what business is it of ours? Where I draw the line is when special language and accommodations are demanded in order to avoid offending said lampshades.
(11-01-2021, 04:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2021, 04:14 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Just because a country adopts it doesn't mean it's people will..

If an adult wants to identify as a lampshade, what business is it of ours? Where I draw the line is when special language and accommodations are demanded in order to avoid offending said lampshades.

Sure, I agree with that.. That doesn't mean that the majority of the country is mentally disturbed enough to back such tripe..
(11-01-2021, 04:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]

What are the legal requirements of attaining the "X" gender?

Do they have to show their post-op surgery report? Do they just drop trou and show it?

That some people won't accept it goes without saying.
"Some" lolololol
(11-01-2021, 05:11 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]"Some" lolololol

Yeah, most people won't get into any more of a tizzy about it than they do about gay marriage. Welcome to 2021 bro.

Out of curiosity and not wanting to google it, can you link or provide the other countries that accept it?  I’m wondering what kind of company we keep amongst the other “super powers”.
Pages: 1 2