Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly from the Seahawks Gams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Good
  • Josh Allen had 2 sacks and had a number of good plays.  I believe he had 4 tackles for a loss.
  • James Robinson played well until being injured.  He had 4 carries for 22 yards (5.5 yards per carry) and a 17 yard reception which was the longest of the game.
  • We're back in contention for the first overall draft pick next year.  If Detroit can win a game, we have a good chance.  It might come down to our re-match with Houston.

The Bad

Sorry to be lazy, but it saves time.
  • Offense
  • Defense
  • Special Teams

The Ugly
  • Meyer and Baalke for this terrible roster and ridiculously awful coaching staff.  We're 1-6 with 5 of those losses being by double digits and our lone win being a squeaker against a team that has now lost 7 straight games.
Josh Allen is our best player. If we get that first overall pick and line up Kayvon Thibodeaux across from him that could be a special tandem to help get our defensive rebuild started.
I hope we trade down. We have holes all over the roster.
(10-31-2021, 10:34 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]Josh Allen is our best player. If we get that first overall pick and line up Kayvon Thibodeaux across from him that could be a special tandem to help get our defensive rebuild started.

I agree.  One player isn't going to solve all of our problems, but I think Thibodeaux would be absolutely huge for our defense.  We need to get pressure on the quarterback and he can do that.

Edit:  To clarify, I was agreeing that Thibodeaux and Allen would be a special tandem to help get our defensive rebuild started.  I would probably say James Robinson is our best player right now.  When you factor potential, Lawrence is the player who I would be least willing to trade.  Allen is our best defensive player.
(10-31-2021, 10:34 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]Josh Allen is our best player. If we get that first overall pick and line up Kayvon Thibodeaux across from him that could be a special tandem to help get our defensive rebuild started.

Naw, James Robinson is our best player and it blatantly showed again today. As soon as he went out early, it changed the entire game.

I do agree with hopefully getting #1 overall again and taking Thibodeaux to pair him with Allen.

If we have the #1 pick and don't trade it for like 3-4 first rounders + some i'd be kinda mad. Sticking at #1 unless for a QB would be so dumb. And we don't need a QB.
(11-01-2021, 12:30 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]

If we have the #1 pick and don't trade it for like 3-4 first rounders + some i'd be kinda mad. Sticking at #1 unless for a QB would be so dumb. And we don't need a QB.

If we could get 3-4 first rounders, I would likely take it (depending upon where in the first round those picks were).  However, no quarterback is being rated super high in this upcoming draft.  As such, we're not getting 3-4 first rounders.  If Thibodeaux is there, I'm likely taking him.  Trades are case by case, but I generally prefer quality over quantity.
(11-01-2021, 12:44 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2021, 12:30 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]If we have the #1 pick and don't trade it for like 3-4 first rounders + some i'd be kinda mad. Sticking at #1 unless for a QB would be so dumb. And we don't need a QB.

If we could get 3-4 first rounders, I would likely take it (depending upon where in the first round those picks were).  However, no quarterback is being rated super high in this upcoming draft.  As such, we're not getting 3-4 first rounders.  If Thibodeaux is there, I'm likely taking him.  Trades are case by case, but I generally prefer quality over quantity.

I prefer Quality as well, Look at the Dolphins right now tho.. 3 top 10 picks currently in this coming draft.. say a QB shoots up the board like a Baker or Kyler did? imagine 3 top 10 picks over a DE who MIGHT be elite. I'd take my chances on the 3.
(11-01-2021, 12:47 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2021, 12:44 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]If we could get 3-4 first rounders, I would likely take it (depending upon where in the first round those picks were).  However, no quarterback is being rated super high in this upcoming draft.  As such, we're not getting 3-4 first rounders.  If Thibodeaux is there, I'm likely taking him.  Trades are case by case, but I generally prefer quality over quantity.

I prefer Quality as well, Look at the Dolphins right now tho.. 3 top 10 picks currently in this coming draft.. say a QB shoots up the board like a Baker or Kyler did? imagine 3 top 10 picks over a DE who MIGHT be elite. I'd take my chances on the 3.

Do you mean the Eagles?  They currently have #3, #8 and #9.  As I said, trades are case by case.  If they offered us all three of those picks for the #1, I would take it.  I just don't see that offer coming.
The good = Run defense. Players playing hard.

The bad= this was the worst game of the year only slightly behind the the texans game

The ugly = we need the wide receivers to get open because they sucked at that and drops. Lawrence took a step back today after starting to look very good lately. The pass d as normal having trouble knocking or intercepting the ball when it's in the air. Cant locate the ball and make a play on it
(11-01-2021, 12:57 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2021, 12:47 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer Quality as well, Look at the Dolphins right now tho.. 3 top 10 picks currently in this coming draft.. say a QB shoots up the board like a Baker or Kyler did? imagine 3 top 10 picks over a DE who MIGHT be elite. I'd take my chances on the 3.

Do you mean the Eagles?  They currently have #3, #8 and #9.  As I said, trades are case by case.  If they offered us all three of those picks for the #1, I would take it.  I just don't see that offer coming.

There's no way the Eagles give up all three top ten picks for the #1 overall pick this year if we wound up with it.

First, there's no Trevor Lawrence' caliber QB prospects at the top of  this draft.

Second,  teams have been loathe to surrender multiple first round picks in any draft, and I have never seen a team with three top ten picks in any draft.

Third, under this scenario, the Eagles are picking 3rd.  They wouldn't give up 3 top ten picks in one draft to move up two spots, especially for a QB that doesn't appear to be a generational QB.  Detroit would make more sense trading both of their picks in the first (one in the top 5 and the other at the bottom of the round) to move up one.  The Giants and Jets have two firsts, but neither would seem to have the ammo or need to move up to one.  The Giants picks seem to be closer to the middle of the first.  The Jets just took Wilson 2nd overall, and Thibideaux is not a Bruce Smith,/Julius Peppers/Myles Garrett/Chase Young type to command that move up, though historically, the Jets like moving up.
Unless their owner pushes for a move up, I think the Jets` brass learned their lesson about not giving their QB ample support.  I think they stand pat and use both 1sts.

My inclination is to trade down. But to be honest, don't trust Baalke and UM can effectively capitalize on whatever extra picks we could gain in such a move.
(11-01-2021, 12:57 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2021, 12:47 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer Quality as well, Look at the Dolphins right now tho.. 3 top 10 picks currently in this coming draft.. say a QB shoots up the board like a Baker or Kyler did? imagine 3 top 10 picks over a DE who MIGHT be elite. I'd take my chances on the 3.

I agree that the Eagles would not part with all 3 first rounders to move up just a few spots. If Malik Willis has a great "post-season" and draws comparisons to Kyler Murray the Jaguars might get a great offer from a "quarterback-desperate team." 

Kayvon Thibodeaux appears to be the best player in next year's draft by a fairly significant margin. After yesterday's fiasco coupled with the Jets win, the Jaguars are back in contention for the top pick. The Lions appear to be the heavy favorite to get this, however, as I don't see them winning more than one game based on a pretty tough schedule (with the exception of Chicago). The Dolphins still play the Jets twice and Houston plays each of those teams. Bottom line, the Jaguars should end up with no worse than the 3rd pick in the 2022 draft. 

My current feeling is that the Jaguars would be crazy to pass on Thibodeaux if he is still on the board when they pick. It doesn't seem like "rocket science" that when a team's greatest need is pass rusher and the best player is a pass rusher that you run to the podium with his name on the card. Thibodeaux would not only greatly help the pass rush; the entire secondary would benefit since the opponents quarterback will not have as much time to throw the ball. A duo of Josh Allen and Thibodeaux would be very tough for opposing teams to deal with. Anyone who watched Saturday's Michigan vs, Michigan State game saw what happens when an offensive line must contend with two great pass rushers. With Aiden Hutchinson being double-teamed much of this season, David Ojabo has accumulated several sacks and TFL. 

Bottom line, barring an insane offer from a team like the Eagles Thibodeaux is the obvious pick.
After what the team did with this year's draft ...other than the no-brainer TLaw pick...
what makes you guys think they know what to do with any high picks?
(11-01-2021, 08:47 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]After what the team did this year's draft ...other than the no-brainer TLaw pick...

So much THIS.
the Good: Cooke averaged nearly 49 yards a punt.

the Bad: that means we weren't on their side of the field very much, were we?

the Ugly: Why did nobody try to slow JRob's momentum before ramming into that cart? I don't know if he hurt himself trying to slow down or after making contact with the equipment, but it was a parting of humanity that never happens on any other play/player. I sure hope this is brought up during film study.

the Uglier: Drawing a 12 man penalty, and then immediately lining 12 men up again on D. The offense was no better, at least one penalty avoided when the 12th wasn't part of the huddle. Near miss, but this is elementary stuff.
Consider who is picking. That is the ugly

I agree josh Allen is our best player. If he had some help, he would look even better.
(11-01-2021, 08:47 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]After what the team did with this year's draft ...other than the no-brainer TLaw pick...

Yeah I'm not sure more picks will help any. They need easy no brained decisions. Typically#1 overall will get you that.

And I'd still be nervous
"The long, rangy cover corner is an athletic freak with the potential to excel on the island. Campbell lacks ball skills and play-making ability, but he could emerge as a steady CB2 as a pro." - Bucky Brooks on Tyson Campbell. Draft Day, 2021
Watching Pat McAfee he made a point I completely missed yesterday regarding Urban Meyers utter idiocy.
Down 24-0 we score with less than 2 minutes. Urban opts to an xp instead of going for 2. Okay, we're obviously just waving the white flag and ready to get outta Seattle.
Oh but wait, now we're kicking an onside kick? wut?
If you're kicking the onside kick there then ideally you're going for 2 after the TD. Cuz then it's 24-8 and we can maybe get a miracle comeback to force OT.

Urban Meyer and everything about him and his staff is the bad and the ugly every week.
And the only good is an overmatched rookie QB and a now injured Jrob and our one defensive player Josh Allen.

Good God Almighty.
Pages: 1 2