Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trade Deadline
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tuesday is the deadline. Does the team stay put? Do they sell? Do they get aggressive adding?

I honestly have no idea what the front office is thinking here. Urban gets his first taste at the trade deadline. Your thoughts?
Help is not on the way
More likely to trade away someone than go out and get someone.
If they could get a good pick for Myles Jack it might be worth it.

I just don't have much confidence in how the pick will be utilized currently.

Jack should be playing will in a 4-3 somewhere.
I think we panic buy at least one player. My lack of respect for management makes me think we trade a day 2 pick for a RB.
(10-31-2021, 10:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Help is not on the way

(10-31-2021, 10:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]If they could get a good pick for Myles Jack it might be worth it.

I just don't have much confidence in how the pick will be utilized currently.

Literally my exact thoughts. There's a handful of players I'd entertain selling high on--but if it's going to be the same regime here using the obtained picks to draft players that they have no intention of using, what's the point?

Definitely see no reason to give up any assets for any player in the hopes that it'll salvage this dumpster fire of a season. Unless Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or Mahomes is available for reasons not relating to double-digit sexual assault allegations.
Something tells me we trade away one of our O-Linemen or perhaps Myles Jack. I don't really care either way. This team is a mess.
If there's a way to screw it up I'm sure Baalke and Urban will do so.
If we could get picks out of Chaisson/Jack/Shaq Griffin i'd be all for it. All overrated.
(11-01-2021, 12:28 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]If we could get picks out of Chaisson/Jack/Shaq Griffin i'd be all for it. All overrated.

We couldn't get a ham sandwich for Chaisson. He's useless.
It would be nice if the jags could trade for a good player who can help next season and the rest of this season. Addition instead of subtracting for once.
(11-01-2021, 12:28 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]If we could get picks out of Chaisson/Jack/Shaq Griffin i'd be all for it. All overrated.

Griffin has had a good season and has covered the other teams best WR in most games.  He gave up 2 TDS yesterday but he did hold Metcalf to only 43 yards and the 1st TD was good coverage.  The last thing we need to do is trade Griffin as he's the only corner we have that can actually cover
^^^ yes Griffin, Hes a good player, but needs another cornerback to help him or two. I wish Campbell could improve, and he could, but hes not yet.
How about we trade Urban and Bevell for Brian Daboll?
(11-01-2021, 08:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]How about we trade Urban and Bevell for Brian Daboll?

Jaxson De Ville is probably worth much more than Urban and Bevell
(10-31-2021, 10:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I just don't have much confidence in how the pick will be utilized currently.

This. If they trade someone away what are they going to get, another mid round pick?
And then what draft another Jalen Camp?
Or God forbid, another Tyson Campbell?

This regime should just stay put. I mean yes Jack should be a 43 will, but with his contract ya gotta figure we won't get much more than a 5th or 4th? And Urban and Baalke are going to screw it up anyway.

And certainly they shouldn't be trading for anyone. They can't coach the guys they have properly. We are heading for a 1-2 win season and Michael Thomas isn't fixing it.

(11-01-2021, 08:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]How about we trade Urban and Bevell for Brian Daboll?

I'd throw in a couple draft picks to sweeten the deal for the Bills too

Yes absolutely trade Griffin who is our only decent CB.

Cuz we definitely need Tyson Campbell and/or Claybrooks out there moreRolleyes

(10-31-2021, 11:02 PM)rufftime Wrote: [ -> ]I think we panic buy at least one player.  My lack of respect for management makes me think we trade a day 2 pick for a RB.

Nah Meyer loves Hyde.

You mean the guy most of us on this board wanted for HC? Then Khan went and hired Urban. I'd take that deal in a heartbeat. I'll throw in extra players if we could get Daboll. They can have Jawaan Taylor, Carlos Hyde, K'Lavon Chaisson, Damien Wilson, Tyson Campbell and Adam Wingard as well. Just getting rid of these guys would make our team better.
(11-01-2021, 02:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]

You mean the guy most of us on this board wanted for HC? Then Khan went and hired Urban. I'd take that deal in a heartbeat. I'll throw in extra players if we could get Daboll. They can have Jawaan Taylor, Carlos Hyde, K'Lavon Chaisson, Damien Wilson, Tyson Campbell and Adam Wingard as well. Just getting rid of these guys would make our team better.

Yeah think a lot of people were on Daboll, Bienemy, or Roman.
And anyone voicing concerns against Meyer were labeled as jaded Gator fans.

And of course there's still a few Meyer fans telling us to put up the Pitchforks.