Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Onside kick for a TD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know which 2 players missed the tackle? I believe it was Nevin Lawson and Tre Herndon. But I’m not sure.

That’s just a terrible play by both guys. I’m not taking up for Meyer, but plays like that are not on the head coach. I believe that was the first ever onside kick returned for a TD in franchise history.
Can’t say I’ve ever seen that before...
The real question is why do you even kick an onside after going for 1 instead of 2, makes ZERO SENSE!!
(11-03-2021, 08:47 PM)Adub28 Wrote: [ -> ]The real question is why do you even kick an onside after going for 1 instead of 2, makes ZERO SENSE!!

Sure it does!

#becauseJaguars
(11-03-2021, 08:47 PM)Adub28 Wrote: [ -> ]The real question is why do you even kick an onside after going for 1 instead of 2, makes ZERO SENSE!!

Because Meyer is a [BLEEP] moron, no matter how much some around here defend him.
(11-03-2021, 08:52 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

Because Meyer is a [BLEEP] moron, no matter how much some around here defend him.

This!
It was #33 RB Dare Ogunbowale and #53 LB Dakota Allen
(11-03-2021, 08:31 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know which 2 players missed the tackle? I believe it was Nevin Lawson and Tre Herndon. But I’m not sure.

That’s just a terrible play by both guys. I’m not taking up for Meyer, but plays like that are not on the head coach. I believe that was the first ever onside kick returned for a TD in franchise history.

Happened against us vs Indy once. Gabbert years i believe it was.  This one they ducked under. The indy one they just took right up the middle untouched.
This play sucked. I was like really?? I didn't see that one coming at all lol
I saw jeff lags saying players no it’s one of the most dangerous plays in the game and he reckoned it was obvious to see the players thinking I don’t like this call and thought better of putting there bodies on the line for zero reward!
Makes sense
(11-03-2021, 10:52 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]It was #33 RB Dare Ogunbowale and #53 LB Dakota Allen

Coulda swore I saw #21, but I’ll take your word on it. I would have cut both of them after the game. Both guys got hands on the returner and wiffed.
(11-04-2021, 05:17 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: [ -> ]I saw jeff lags saying players no it’s one of the most dangerous plays in the game and he reckoned it was obvious to see the players thinking I don’t like this call and thought better of putting there bodies on the line for zero reward!
Makes sense

Would anyone blame them? The coaching decision was so boneheaded I completely understand them all making a Business Decision to sit that one out.
(11-04-2021, 07:32 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2021, 10:52 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]It was #33 RB Dare Ogunbowale and #53 LB Dakota Allen

Coulda swore I saw #21, but I’ll take your word on it. I would have cut both of them after the game. Both guys got hands on the returner and wiffed.

The 56 second mark of this video is a high up end zone shot and shows both of their jersey #s clear as day.

It's a great replay of them both botching the play if you want another laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfn6HnHSsss
I’ll take your word on it
(11-04-2021, 09:51 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I’ll take your word on it

You don't have to just take my word lol, I provided you with the actual video evidence lol.
(11-04-2021, 11:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2021, 09:51 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I’ll take your word on it

You don't have to just take my word lol, I provided you with the actual video evidence lol.

some of us are behind no fun filters, and can't see embeddings from tubes of you, twitverse, and chapsnat.