Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Smoot sack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think Josh Allen was very close to half of a sack but since Smoot was unblocked that’s probably why Allen didn’t get the .5

Does anyone feel like Allen should have been awarded with .5 on that play? 

Smoot has a ‘Paul Spicer’ vibe going on. He made a huge play on 3rd and 2 late in the 4th quarter. The Bills either kick a tying FG or go for it and possibly score a TD, but Smoot stayed home and made a sure handed sack on Allen and forced a fumble.

Quick Note: on the 3rd and 31 play, Bills QB Allen probably picks up a first down when he tucked the ball and ran, however Jags Allen runs him down 20 yards down field. This is such an underrated play by our Josh Allen. It will go down in the books as a solo tackle, but it was a ‘winning’ type of play if you go back and watch it. Just pure heart and hustle.
Similar to Spicer, Smoot does not win with speed. He wins with strength, technique, and just pure relentless hustle. I like Smoot.
The Smoot Sack sounds like something you buy at the drive through.
Really glad they held onto him in those first few years. 

Hopefully Chaisson can follow suit.
Good point. Bryan finally showed up. This defense would be amazing if chaisson started to do anything
Bryan got a lot of Hamilton's snaps.

Seems they really wanted pocket disruption over run stuffing ability in this one.
(11-08-2021, 04:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]The Smoot Sack sounds like something you buy at the drive through.

I’ll take a smoot sack with fries please, extra ketchup.
Smoot has steadily been improving the last few years.
I love the Spicer comparison, if he can develop into that 7.5 sack complimentary rusher on the strongside opposite Allen I think our Defense could really be dangerous.

Also draft position aside, another comparison I want to see happen is Taven Bryan take on a Rob Meier role. Similar to Tyson Alualu, they were headscratching picks at the time who are never going to live up to their draft billing. If Taven can provide some spark and hustle backing up multiple spots I think he could grow into a Rob Meier type player as his celing.