Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Labor Department Seeks To Revoke Trump-Era Expansion Of Religious Exemptions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Labor Department Seeks To Revoke Trump-Era Expansion Of Religious Exemptions

The Department of Labor announced Monday it will seek to revoke a Trump administration rule that allows for broader religious exemptions to anti-discrimination measures governing federal contractors.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/labor-dep...dC5dYGRNDA
Bush/Obama rule said that federal contractors could discriminate based on the religion of their employees if the organization fit into certain predefined categories of religious organizations.
Trump rule said any contractor can discriminate if they simply "hold themselves out" as a religious organization.
Changing the rule was something Bush campaigned on. What's surprising to me is that is Obama apparently didn't touch this rule, and apparently all Biden wants to do is change it back to the Bush administration language.
I'm not sure if Trump's expansion of this principle is good or bad, but I doubt it's anything to get upset about.