Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Biden calls Satchel Paige 'the great negro' in latest gaffe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Biden calls Satchel Paige 'the great negro' in latest gaffe

Paige played in the so-called 'Negro leagues' before moving on to MLB in the late 1940s

President Biden referred to the late baseball player Satchel Paige as "the great negro" before correcting himself during his Veterans Day address at Arlington National Cemetery on Thursday.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-s...OG6wiNYtMA
Biden has been a racist his entire adult life. The cognitive decline is just making it more apparent.
Soon he’ll tell that classic childrens joke: why are black people so tall? Because their knee grows!
It's really quite comical that the Democrats are trying to force everyone to be so P.C., yet we have a senile, old man in the White House that makes blunders like this. It just makes them look stupid.
No big deal, it's an outdated term but both polite and proper for one of Biden's age. The double standard that Trump would be impeached for using it is the only issue with this story. Someday the mob will excoriate us for using African-American because controlling the language is how they express their social pathologies and force societal change, as we are currently experiencing with the gender ID nonsense.
(11-11-2021, 07:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Biden has been a racist his entire adult life. The cognitive decline is just making it more apparent.

What's racist about that?  Satchel Paige was a great negro.  

Negro Leagues, United Negro College Fund, etc etc.  That's a common word.  

(11-11-2021, 08:09 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]Soon he’ll tell that classic childrens joke:  why are black people so tall? Because their knee grows!

I confess.  I laughed at that.

(11-12-2021, 08:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2021, 07:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Biden has been a racist his entire adult life. The cognitive decline is just making it more apparent.

Do you truly not understand, or are you simply choosing to defend Biden regardless?

(11-12-2021, 01:39 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]

(11-12-2021, 08:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]What's racist about that?  Satchel Paige was a great negro.  

Do you truly not understand, or are you simply choosing to defend Biden regardless?

Enlighten us.
(11-12-2021, 08:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

(11-11-2021, 08:09 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]Soon he’ll tell that classic childrens joke:  why are black people so tall? Because their knee grows!

Substitute Biden with Trump.  How do you feel about that statement now?
(11-12-2021, 01:57 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2021, 08:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]What's racist about that?  Satchel Paige was a great negro.  

Well put..
(11-12-2021, 01:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2021, 01:39 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]

Enlighten us.

Publicly refer to J J Watt as a great white American or to O J Simpson as a bad Negro and you'll have your answer.
(11-12-2021, 02:03 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2021, 01:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Enlighten us.

Publicly refer to J J Watt as a great white American or to O J Simpson as a bad Negro and you'll have your answer.

Not really, you'll have to be a little clearer. What is wrong with the term "Negro", especially when referring to a man made famous playing in the Negro League? As for this gaffe, Biden clearly had another brain fart and what he said wasn't what he was supposed to say, but even so it wasn't a bad thing. Now then, his spinning yarns of things that didn't happen and making up his own facts though out his speech? More signs of mental decline.
(11-12-2021, 01:57 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]

The same.  How would you feel?
(11-12-2021, 05:18 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2021, 01:57 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]Substitute Biden with Trump.  How do you feel about that statement now?

You choosing to defend a guy with a long history of racial remarks is strange. Bringing Trump into this is even more strange. Trump has employed more black people than Biden has shaken hands with.
(11-12-2021, 05:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2021, 05:18 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]The same.  How would you feel?

You choosing to defend a guy with a long history of racial remarks is strange. Bringing Trump into this is even more strange. Trump has employed more black people than Biden has shaken hands with.

Hell, you can't even read about it on Twitter without clicking the 'view sensitive material' tab.. If you don't click it, you can't read it..
(11-12-2021, 01:57 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]Substitute Biden with Trump.  How do you feel about that statement now?

He's not asking, if all things were equal, how would you feel. He's asking, how would it actually be characterized if Trump did the same thing. The sky would fall on the news organizations. It would be 24/7 coverage about Trump's racist past. Experts would come out of the woodwork to analyze Trump's hatred for minorities. Every news ticker would say Donald Trump is a Racist. 

You would not feel the same because it would not be portrayed the same. Unless you actively challenge the narrative that comes from these news organizations, you are going to be affected by their partisan hackery.
(11-12-2021, 05:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2021, 05:18 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]The same.  How would you feel?

I didn't bring Trump into it.

I viewed it as a Freudian slip.  He has shown often his personal view of minorities, not smart enough to use a computer, if you don’t vote for me you ain’t black, ect.  Biden’s views are there for all to see if you pay attention.  Had it been Trump just another Bull in a China Shop statement.  He is not PC and has never claimed to be.  With that said Marty, your history makes me seriously doubt you would view the statement as equal.

L2L has also nailed it. The media response would be deafening.
I’ve got more negro jokes I’ve heard from my racist uncle if y’all wanna hear.

They’re really funny… or not.
(11-12-2021, 09:17 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve got more negro jokes I’ve heard from my racist uncle if y’all wanna hear.

They’re really funny… or not.

I got mine from my ex-wife's sister's husband; the handsomest, cleanest, and most articulate black guy I've ever met.