Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Biden admin tells companies to ignore court
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are these people daft? Will companies actually go against a federal court ruling even if it is a stay? There is no guarantee the courts will allow this to move forward. The lawsuits against companies that ignore the stay would be ridiculous, and saying the POTUS said to ignore the court ruling would not be an excuse. There is no emergency anymore with vaccines available and a higher percentage of the country being vaccinated than not. This is crazy. 

Link

Biden Admin Tells Businesses To Ignore Federal Court Ruling That Halted Vaccine Mandate

The White House on Monday advised businesses to ignore a federal court’s temporary halt on the vaccine mandate, saying they should continue to abide by the mandate despite the legal ruling.

Last week, the White House announced a vaccine mandate run through the Occupational Safety and Health Administration – or OSHA – which would levy fines of up to $14,000 per violation for companies with more than 100 employees.

It is set to take effect on January 4th.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, responding to a petition filed by the Texas Attorney General, businesses, and several other states, temporarily blocked the administration’s coronavirus mandate, suggesting it raises “grave statutory and constitutional issues.”
Biden thinks he's a dictator so........ As bad as he is, I do not want him removed from office by way of impeachment. If that happens, we'll be stuck with an even worse option, Commie Harris. If you think Biden mucks up the works, Harris would be even worse so... Let Biden Be Biden for now and just ignore his stupid ramblings, 2024 will come soon enough.
I didn't say anything about impeachment, I just think this dude and his administration are nutcases and wonder how many companies are going to actually follow what he says instead of the federal court. This will likely make its way to the SC and OSHA hasn't always been favored in their cases in the SC. I don't believe they have any standing now because as I said, this is no longer an emergency situation that gives OSHA the power to mandate vaccines.
(11-11-2021, 06:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Are these people daft? Will companies actually go against a federal court ruling even if it is a stay? There is no guarantee the courts will allow this to move forward. The lawsuits against companies that ignore the stay would be ridiculous, and saying the POTUS said to ignore the court ruling would not be an excuse. There is no emergency anymore with vaccines available and a higher percentage of the country being vaccinated than not. This is crazy. 

Link

Biden Admin Tells Businesses To Ignore Federal Court Ruling That Halted Vaccine Mandate

The White House on Monday advised businesses to ignore a federal court’s temporary halt on the vaccine mandate, saying they should continue to abide by the mandate despite the legal ruling.

Last week, the White House announced a vaccine mandate run through the Occupational Safety and Health Administration – or OSHA – which would levy fines of up to $14,000 per violation for companies with more than 100 employees.

It is set to take effect on January 4th.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, responding to a petition filed by the Texas Attorney General, businesses, and several other states, temporarily blocked the administration’s coronavirus mandate, suggesting it raises “grave statutory and constitutional issues.”

Elections have consequences.  81 million people wanted this, now they got it.
(11-11-2021, 06:39 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Biden thinks he's a dictator so........ As bad as he is, I do not want him removed from office  by way of impeachment. If that happens, we'll be stuck with an even worse option, Commie Harris. If you think Biden mucks up the works, Harris would be even worse so... Let Biden Be Biden for now and just ignore his stupid ramblings, 2024 will come soon enough.

Im gonna stop you at the bolded and suggest that you’re giving this guy too much credit
Truth ^^^^