Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gruden suing NFL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This should be fun but everyone knows the league has secrets like most big corporations. Im leaning settlement and good hush money per usual.

https://twitter.com/PGutierrezESPN/statu..._9rgg&s=19

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Good on him. Filthy Roger will settle and Gruden will be able to clear his name and coach again

On the other hand,, NFL won't want this case to get past discovery. With Gruden having [BLEEP] you money. I hope he takes this as far as possible.
I hope he wins
(11-12-2021, 08:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I hope he wins
I dont see how he doesnt. Like stroud said, they will never let it get to discovery for all to see.

Obviously they made him resign. But since technically he quit his job, does he have recompense?

Nate? Still here?
(11-12-2021, 08:44 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously they made him resign.  But since technically he quit his job, does he have recompense?

Nate?  Still here?

I think at the very least it would be like a defamation case and considering he had a fully guaranteed contract that this caused him to basically forfeit, he would probably be able to at least recoup that.
His emails leaking is screwed up but what he said in there should keep him out the league for life imo. Terrible person.
^^ all they did was leak exactly what he said, so I dont see how this changes anything since what he supposedly said was not cool. I'm not all about this canceled culture, but I guess you take it in a case by case nature. Everyone could use a little benifit of the doubt these days as long as they arent truly discriminating just cause the skin appearance
(11-12-2021, 06:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Good on him. Filthy Roger will settle and Gruden will be able to clear his name and coach again

On the other hand,, NFL won't want this case to get past discovery. With Gruden having [BLEEP] you money. I hope he takes this as far as possible.
I'm hoping he does too. His career is over with the NFL, TV, etc. He will not be able to work anywhere with football unless it's a small high-school in a red area. I hope he brings them all down.
(11-12-2021, 10:58 PM)nhiverson Wrote: [ -> ]His emails leaking is screwed up but what he said in there should keep him out the league for life imo. Terrible person.
(11-13-2021, 01:42 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]^^ all they did was leak exactly what he said, so I dont see how this changes anything since what he supposedly said was not cool. I'm not all about this canceled culture, but I guess you take it in a case by case nature. Everyone could use a little benifit of the doubt these days as long as they arent truly discriminating just cause the skin appearance
You are crazy if you don't think every team is like this. It is a locker room where all of these players and coaches have spent there entire lives in locker rooms. They don't have filters, don't care about feelings, and spend a lot of time making fun of everyone.

His emails were to someone else while he was not employed so they are personal. As long as he doesn't act on his feelings and treats everyone the same and professionally, how can you fire him? He doesn't have to like everyone but as long as he follows corporate policies you can't fire him.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(11-12-2021, 10:58 PM)nhiverson Wrote: [ -> ]His emails leaking is screwed up but what he said in there should keep him out the league for life imo. Terrible person.

Lets not stop there.. fire up old sparky in Starke and make Gruden pay the ultimate price for his sins.

Do you feel any other so called racist should pay the same price? Let's start with Jimmy Kimmel for starters.
This all started with the investigation of the WFT.  And as a result, Gruden has a winning hand.  Because if this goes to trial, all those other 600,000 emails, which the NFL is suppressing, might be admitted into evidence.  And no doubt some of those 600,000 other emails that were looked at in the WFT investigation are from owners who might have said the same type of thing Gruden said.
(11-13-2021, 11:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]This all started with the investigation of the WFT.  And as a result, Gruden has a winning hand.  Because if this goes to trial, all those other 600,000 emails, which the NFL is suppressing, might be admitted into evidence.  And no doubt some of those 600,000 other emails that were looked at in the WFT investigation are from owners who might have said the same type of thing Gruden said.

Gruden holds all the cards here. I would literally ask for a billion dollars and not a penny less. If not, let's see this thing all the way through.
(11-13-2021, 11:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]This all started with the investigation of the WFT.  And as a result, Gruden has a winning hand.  Because if this goes to trial, all those other 600,000 emails, which the NFL is suppressing, might be admitted into evidence.  And no doubt some of those 600,000 other emails that were looked at in the WFT investigation are from owners who might have said the same type of thing Gruden said.
I would be shocked if that wasnt the case. It was cool, calm, and collected talking with a friend. Its not the first time. He's definitely not the only one saying those type things because his circle isnt small, it is what it is.

No surprises, its no harm no foul and he knows how to walk the corporate line so he should be pissed about being sacrificed. At least warn him and tell him how he can still win in the end. It could be personal tho, once roger read what he said to kick him off his high horse lol.

Im here with my popcorn for it. Real days of our lives 2021 entertainment.

North Dallas 40
(11-13-2021, 11:33 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2021, 11:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]This all started with the investigation of the WFT.  And as a result, Gruden has a winning hand.  Because if this goes to trial, all those other 600,000 emails, which the NFL is suppressing, might be admitted into evidence.  And no doubt some of those 600,000 other emails that were looked at in the WFT investigation are from owners who might have said the same type of thing Gruden said.

Gruden holds all the cards here. I would literally ask for a billion dollars and not a penny less. If not, let's see this thing all the way through.

I would also demand the firing of Goodell but suing the NFL into the ground and making Goodell look like the fool he is would also be okay. I mean, make the man suffer for ever deciding it was a good idea to throw me to the wolves. 

I don't agree with Gruden's mentality but this isn't about that, it was hit on him that seems pretty personal.
All I want from this is it goes to discovery. I wanna see all of the emails, not just the one's that Gruden was involved in.
Education has failed 2 generations with your fake niceness. You have no idea what it is like when they target you for thought crimes and invade your privacy. We have a constitution read it and stop trying to mold it to modern sensibilities. We are not smarter more noble or anything like it today.

Just keep responding on your device made by slaves, wearing your clothes fabricated from slave labor and tell yourself Gruden did it to himself.

They completely bypassed legal process and targeted him because he said mean things and the thin skinned loser commissioner didn't like it. You people have no idea how to defend a nation.
This is political?
(11-14-2021, 08:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]This is political?

Yes, extremely.