Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: America's most famous squatter is finally evicted!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
America's most famous squatter is finally evicted! Long Island man, 52, who went more than two DECADES without paying a penny on his mortgage is given the boot
  • Guramrit Hanspal, 52, was evicted from his Long Island home on Friday after living in it for 23 years without paying rent
  • Nassau County Sheriff's deputies came to the house with movers and a locksmith before 8 am on Friday
  • Hanspal avoided paying his mortgage for over two decades with four lawsuits, seven bankruptcies, and claiming financial hardships due to Covid
  • Three different owners have tried to kick Hanspal from the home since he was foreclosed upon in 2000 but he has managed to avoid eviction numerous times
  • The home is currently owned by Diamond Ridge Partners who have a sale pending on the house which was listed for $399,000

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...PFrdgnR8j0
His lawyer said it best:

William Friedman, a lawyer who represented Hanspal, insisted that his client did nothing wrong but capitalized on a broken system.
'This is the great American legal system … a man can stay in a house with one mortgage payment and he did not do anything illegal in all those 23 years,' he said.
'He's the poster child for a system that has failed,' he continued.
'He took advantage of the system, he used it and you're blaming him for being bad for using the system. I don't buy that. … He's not a bad guy. The system is bad. He played by the rules. The system is completely broken. Every damn bit of it.'
I read about this last night. Unbelievable how he got away with that for more than 2 decades. His lawyer isn't totally wrong. The system is broken or this wouldn't have happened for 23 years, but the dude was most definitely wrong in gaming the broken system.
I want to know how he could claim bankruptcy so many times?
Sorry to hear this Mike.
Lol
(11-14-2021, 03:54 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]I read about this last night. Unbelievable how he got away with that for more than 2 decades. His lawyer isn't totally wrong. The system is broken or this wouldn't have happened for 23 years, but the dude was most definitely wrong in gaming the broken system.

I always figured, if I ever wanted to evict a squatter, a baseball bat would work.