Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Defense is good enough, offense is simply terrible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This is a playoff caliber defense now. After a very rough start they have dramatically improved.

This offense is horrendous :

QB stinks. He is playing bad football right now period.

Play calling stinks 

Receivers stink 

Tight ends are inconsistent 

Offensive line is bipolar.

That loss was on the offense.
Offense and special teams lost us that one. Don’t forget we left 4 points off the board and gave up 7 on special teams.
Funny we were saying exactly the opposite a few weeks ago. This is a rebuild in progress, there are going to be rough spots.
Whiff by Wingard causing a blocked punt TD. Missed FG. Missed XP.

That's the difference in today's game. Leaving points off the board and gifting them easy points.
Special Teams lost us the ball game. That blocked punt did us in.
from a strictly mathematical standpoint, ST lost this game. Cost us 11 points. Score could have been 21-16 jags
(11-14-2021, 05:31 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]Funny we were saying exactly the opposite a few weeks ago. This is a rebuild in progress, there are going to be rough spots.

this
(11-14-2021, 05:31 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]Funny we were saying exactly the opposite a few weeks ago. This is a rebuild in progress, there are going to be rough spots.

One half vs the Bengals is the only time you can say our offense was good enough.
I agree but will add kicker.  Sure, a missed FG here or there or XP doesn’t mean much.  But Im curious how many points they leave off the board at the end of the season.

So it looks as if over the last few weeks we’ve only got 1/3 of a team.
Bringing Bevell was stupid
(11-14-2021, 08:11 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Bringing Bevell was stupid

I blame the man that brought him. And the man that brought that guy.
There were rumors a couple games into the season that Myer and Bevell got into it because of the way he was running this offense. I can only imagine how Urban feels about it now
(11-14-2021, 08:13 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2021, 08:11 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Bringing Bevell was stupid

I blame the man that brought him. And the man that brought that guy.

I know dude Sad
(11-14-2021, 08:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]There were rumors a couple games into the season that Myer and Bevell got into it because of the way he was running this offense.  I can only imagine how Urban feels about it now

If he feels anything about it at all - he's already had ample time to dictate changes.

He hasn't.

Because he sucks at his job.
(11-14-2021, 08:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2021, 08:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]There were rumors a couple games into the season that Myer and Bevell got into it because of the way he was running this offense.  I can only imagine how Urban feels about it now

If he feels anything about it at all - he's already had ample time to dictate changes.

He hasn't.

Because he sucks at his job.
I agree.  I just hope at the very least Bevell is fired after this season
Still think we could use an upgrade at the LB spots. A Micah Parsons or Mike Peterson/Daryl Smith type in the middle would make a tangible difference for us in stopping drives. Josh Allen is a stud, and the secondary switch to zone has yielded results. There seem to be pieces in the secondary we can build around: Shaq Griffin & Rayshawn Jenkins.

We need to spend the capspace we have to try and shore up one or two spots on the back 7 and draft a playmaker for the front 7 early.
Griffin and Jenkins are run of the mill dime a dozen DBs. That secondary needs a difference maker. The entire defense not named Allen needs an upgrade. Myles Jack has fell off...waaaaay off.
(11-14-2021, 05:23 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]This is a playoff caliber defense now. After a very rough start they have dramatically improved.

Play calling stinks 

Receivers stink 

I'm usually mr positivity but you are absolutely correct. Smh
(11-14-2021, 05:23 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]This is a playoff caliber defense now. After a very rough start they have dramatically improved.

Play calling stinks 

Receivers stink 

Agreed
Our wrs are hardly never open. Whose fault that is i dont know.

James rob8nson is awesome. Outside of that at this point really nobody stands out. Thats bad.

But overall fhis was one of our better losses this year so far.

Is that twice now trevor has fumbled or someone did on potential game winning drives now this year?
Pages: 1 2 3 4