Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Iowa Judge Releasing Toddler Raping Teen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Easily the most deplorable thing I've read in a while. I'm the father of a 1 year old girl. If a punk [BLEEP] teenage boy done something like this to my daughter, he would be begging that judge for prison time because if I ever got my hands on him....

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/judge-sp...sault-boy/

Not sure if this belongs here or in the Sideline, so I'll let the mods made that decision.
Quote:Easily the most deplorable thing I've read in a while. I'm the father of a 1 year old girl. If a punk [BAD WORD REMOVED] teenage boy done something like this to my daughter, he would be begging that judge for prison time because if I ever got my hands on him....

Not sure if this belongs here or in the Sideline, so I'll let the mods made that decision.
I was reading about this earlier.... Makes me sick beyond belief to hear someone doing something like this let alone getting no prison time. It's just.... Where's the justice in the a system like this?
Quote:I was reading about this earlier.... Makes me sick beyond belief to hear someone doing something like this let alone getting no prison time. It's just.... Where's the justice in the a system like this?

If we can't trust the justice system to protect the most innocent among us, how can we trust them with anything?
Pedophiles get off easier than people who deal weed. It's disgusting.
Quote:Easily the most deplorable thing I've read in a while. I'm the father of a 1 year old girl. If a punk [BAD WORD REMOVED] teenage boy done something like this to my daughter, he would be begging that judge for prison time because if I ever got my hands on him....

If I were on the jury you'd never be convicted of whatever you did to him.

Quote:Pedophiles get off easier than people who deal weed. It's disgusting.

This should be common sense.
I read this earlier today. It turned my stomach. Our justice system is broken.

Paedophiles the reason I support the death penalty, they should all be executed
Quote:Paedophiles the reason I support the death penalty, they should all be executed

Yep. I truly believe it's a sickness that can only be cured by one means....
Karma will get him.........

I truely believe he should have been sent to prison where he would have needed to be placed in PC

Once the other inmates found out what he did......

He would have been their [BLEEP]...........

Quote:Yep. I truly believe it's a sickness that can only be cured by one means....

It's simple prison should be about rehabilitation. Taking people who have broken social contracts and teaching them how to not repeat that act, through whatever means you want, education, negative reinforcement, ect....

Some acts can not be rehabilitated, pedophilia is one of them. Someone who severs their conscience and soul to the point of pedophilia should be permenantly removed from society. Since they can't be rehabilitated permenant solution is execution.
Quote:It's simple prison should be about rehabilitation. Taking people who have broken social contracts and teaching them how to not repeat that act, through whatever means you want, education, negative reinforcement, ect....

Some acts can not be rehabilitated, pedophilia is one of them. Someone who severs their conscience and soul to the point of pedophilia should be permenantly removed from society. Since they can't be rehabilitated permenant solution is execution.

Yep, the chance of recidivism is just too high. But we also need to do something to distinguish real sex crimes like this one from morning after remorse rape charges or peeing on an alley wall.
Quote:It's simple prison should be about rehabilitation. Taking people who have broken social contracts and teaching them how to not repeat that act, through whatever means you want, education, negative reinforcement, ect....

I agree on all points. Drug dealers, thieves, and even some murders I believe can be rehabilitated to the point of returning to society. I don't feel the same way about child molesters. There's obviously something not firing right in their brains that makes them do the horrible things they do. It always seems that pedophiles are the highest class of re-offenders once they're released back into society.

I really wasn't looking to politicize this story, but I would like to hear the opinions of the Republicans on this board as to why a Republican appointed judge would hand down a decision such as this? (I'm sure that there has been Democratic appointed judges who have made similar rulings in the past, but Republicans are the ones who always seem to be claiming the moral high ground.)
Quote:I agree on all points. Drug dealers, thieves, and even some murders I believe can be rehabilitated to the point of returning to society. I don't feel the same way about child molesters. There's obviously something not firing right in their brains that makes them do the horrible things they do. It always seems that pedophiles are the highest class of re-offenders once they're released back into society.

I really wasn't looking to politicize this story, but I would like to hear the opinions of the Republicans on this board as to why a Republican appointed judge would hand down a decision such as this? (I'm sure that there has been Democratic appointed judges who have made similar rulings in the past, but Republicans are the ones who always seem to be claiming the moral high ground.)

Because his political party has nothing to do with his piss poor judgement? I didn't even know judges could be part of political parties I thought they had to be neutral or something like that?
Quote:Because his political party has nothing to do with his [BAD WORD REMOVED] poor judgement? I didn't even know judges could be part of political parties I thought they had to be neutral or something like that?

Seriously? Do you think the Surpreme Court is impartial? There's activist judges in courts all across this country (for both sides agenda) let's not pretend that there isn't.
Quote:Seriously? Do you think the Surpreme Court is impartial? There's activist judges in courts all across this country (for both sides agenda) let's not pretend that there isn't.

Yea but I didn't think they where aloud to be "officially" associated with any party? I could be wrong I just always thought they had to stay unaffiliated to political parties. 
It's been a theme in this country for a while now.  

I don't like to advocate violence, but I'm not sure I could control my anger if someone raped one of my girls, and they got a light sentence. The judge nor the culprit would be able to walk again.  And they might be breathing through a straw for the rest of their lives.  

Quote:Yea but I didn't think they where aloud to be "officially" associated with any party? I could be wrong I just always thought they had to stay unaffiliated to political parties.

You would hope that, but for some reason it doesn't work out that way. Judges are human and have their own values and some of them consciously make decisions based on said values. Again I'm the father of a 1 year old baby girl. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around how a judge could make such a terrible decision by letting a KNOWN pedophile back into society.
Quote:You would hope that, but for some reason it doesn't work out that way. Judges are human and have their own values and some of them consciously make decisions based on said values. Again I'm the father of a 1 year old baby girl. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around how a judge could make such a terrible decision by letting a KNOWN pedophile back into society.

Agreed regardless of what the judge calls himself the best classification for him is a fool at best. 
Quote:It's been a theme in this country for a while now.

I don't like to advocate violence, but I'm not sure I could control my anger if someone raped one of my girls, and they got a light sentence. The judge nor the culprit would be able to walk again. And they might be breathing through a straw for the rest of their lives.

I'm not an advocate of violence either, but if you [BLEEP] with my family I'll flip a switch real quick. I honesty don't know how the father of this baby girl is able to have the self control that he has. I wouldn't be able to stop myself from taking matters into my own hands.
Pages: 1 2 3