Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fired Over Support of Rittenhouse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
19-Year Veteran of Police Force Demanding His Job Back After Getting Fired Over Support of Rittenhouse

A Virginia police officer who lost his job after he was outed as having donated to the legal defense fund for Kyle Rittenhouse would like a piece of the justice Rittenhouse received on Friday.

https://www.westernjournal.com/19-year-v...mrtwlJhPBQ
Time to move to FL.
Kelly noted that the chief who condemned him marched in a Black Lives Matter event in full uniform.

“The hypocrisy is dumbfounding. For the leader of our organization to be able to advocate support for a movement that is at the very least divisive in America today, in uniform while on duty … he was holding carried the name of a person who had recently been shot by a Norfolk police officer,” he said. “Yet I cannot, off-duty, on my own time make a donation and some comments that are well within the realm of public, acceptable discourse?”
The politicization and weaponization of institutions is the next round of hypocrisy conservatives must endure. Sure wish the moderates would step up and start getting vocal. It's not going to stop without it.
Officer Fired Over Support For Rittenhouse Speaks Out, Receives Check From Fundraiser Launched By Candace Owens

Candace Owens presented a check for more than $200,000 to Lt. William Kelly, who was fired by the Norfolk (VA) Police Department in April for anonymously sending a message of encouragement and $25 to a fund for Kyle Rittenhouse.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/officer-f...iL-Eq253Jg
I’m curious as to what legal recourse he has. It doesn’t seem valid.
(11-23-2021, 12:24 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Officer Fired Over Support For Rittenhouse Speaks Out, Receives Check From Fundraiser Launched By Candace Owens

Candace Owens presented a check for more than $200,000 to Lt. William Kelly, who was fired by the Norfolk (VA) Police Department in April for anonymously sending a message of encouragement and $25 to a fund for Kyle Rittenhouse.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/officer-f...iL-Eq253Jg

So he jist made 4 years of salary in one payment. He should put that as a down-payment on a house in Florida.

It pays to be a victim of horrible policy.
(11-23-2021, 12:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I’m curious as to what legal recourse he has. It doesn’t seem valid.

I agree, especially since I seem to have heard that the police chief was marching in uniform at a BLM protest.  I don't know if that is true or accurate, it's just something that I recall.
(11-23-2021, 05:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-23-2021, 12:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I’m curious as to what legal recourse he has. It doesn’t seem valid.

I agree, especially since I seem to have heard that the police chief was marching in uniform at a BLM protest.  I don't know if that is true or accurate, it's just something that I recall.

I'd assume it's against the Policy to donate to legal defenses in existing court cases.  If you really think about it, it does seem unethical as policemen as supposed to enforce the law on a non-biased basis.  Most companies and agencies have solid legal representation so they scrutinize their Policy prior to such firings of its employees.
(11-23-2021, 05:47 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-23-2021, 05:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, especially since I seem to have heard that the police chief was marching in uniform at a BLM protest.  I don't know if that is true or accurate, it's just something that I recall.

I'd assume it's against the Policy to donate to legal defenses in existing court cases.  If you really think about it, it does seem unethical as policemen as supposed to enforce the law on a non-biased basis.  Most companies and agencies have solid legal representation so they scrutinize their Policy prior to such firings of its employees.

What a person does on their own time with their own money shouldn't matter.  I could see if he donated money "on behalf" of his employer or identified himself as as an employee of said employer when making the donation.  This donation was supposedly "anonymous" but was outed by hackers.  Only his name was revealed.

If you bothered to read the article linked...

Quote:“His egregious comments erode the trust between the Norfolk Police Department and those they are sworn to serve,” City Manager Chip Filer said, according to The Washington Post.

“The alleged statement and action by a member of Norfolk’s Police Department is alarming and by all means not consistent with the values of our city or the standards set for our employees,” Norfolk Mayor Kenneth Cooper Alexander chimed in.

Even Norfolk’s police chief joined in.

“I want the residents of Norfolk to know that their police department will represent and uphold our organizational values of Service, Honor, Integrity, Equality, Leadership, and Diversity,” Norfolk police chief Larry D. Boone said. “A police department cannot do its job when the public loses trust with those whose duty is to serve and protect them.”

His "anonymous" comment when he made the donation?

Quote:“God Bless. Thank you for your courage. Keep your head up. You’ve done nothing wrong. Every rank-and-file police officer supports you,”.

The bottom line is, his profession doesn't matter when he does something on his own time and off company (agency) time.
I support Kyle. Will someone please fire me?