Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Liberal Judge lets Child Predator off without Jail time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Parents Of The Little Girl Groped By Her Teacher Are Outraged At Judge’s Decision

A child predator was let off easy by a New York judge when he made a plea deal that allowed him to avoid prison time. Although 31-year-old Daniel Santiago was accused of groping an eleven-year-old female middle school student, he managed to get away without having to spend time behind bars. Instead, the judge went easy on the predator on Wednesday, sentencing him to ten years of probation after the teacher pleaded guilty to attempted sex abuse in the first degree.

https://crime.awm.com/parents-of-the-lit...J3FkJ2el3U
I read the article, and I don't see anything in there about the judge being a "liberal."
(11-24-2021, 06:14 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I read the article, and I don't see anything in there about the judge being a "liberal."

By the Judges actions in this case, you can infer that he has very liberal attitudes about incarceration of offenders. Any other judge (especially in my area) would have locked his (The offender's) sorry tail up for a long time.....

I know it isn't just me that thinks this but... Child predators deserve to be locked up for life. If you take a child's innocence away from them, you don't deserve to be out in society living your depraved life.
(11-24-2021, 06:22 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-24-2021, 06:14 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I read the article, and I don't see anything in there about the judge being a "liberal."

By the Judges actions in this case, you can infer that he has very liberal attitudes about incarceration of offenders. Any other judge (especially in my area) would have locked his (The offender's) sorry tail up for a long time.....

I know it isn't just me that thinks this but... Child predators deserve to be locked up for life. If you take a child's innocence away from them, you don't deserve to be out in society living your depraved life.

Agreed.  A slow inhumane torturous death broadcast on every medium simultaneously should be the minimum sentence.

Clickbait headline not withstanding, do you honestly believe a conservative judge would make the same decision?
(11-26-2021, 03:01 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]

Clickbait headline not withstanding, do you honestly believe a conservative judge would make the same decision?

Well, if you define "conservative judge" as "someone who would have put this guy in jail," and if "liberal judge" means "someone who would have let him off with no jail time," then your question answers itself.

But if you define "liberal judge" as "someone who supports gay rights, wants to raise taxes on the rich, supports affirmative action, and so forth..." then I don't really know what that judge would do in the case of a sex offender like this.

The DA made the plea deal with the defendant, and the judge accepted it without objection.  I don't know what that tells me about the judge's opinions on various political issues.
Conservative meaning upholding traditions and liberal as someone open to alternate ideas.
Maybe the judge and predator have the same mental illness and judgy felt bad for him.
From the OP: " ...the judge went easy on the predator on Wednesday, sentencing him to ten years of probation after the teacher pleaded guilty to attempted sex abuse in the first degree..."

Also from the article, it was the DA and the defendant that reached the plea deal that avoided prison time, not the judge. 

And then at the end of the article: "Santiago’s sentencing is set for January 10, 2022."  How can he be sentenced to probation when he hasn't been sentenced yet?

Why are we mad at the judge when it was the DA who made the deal, and the judge hasn't even sentenced him yet?

You guys might be right about this, and it might be that a judge with liberal political views let the guy off, but from reading the article, I'm not sure we have our facts straight.
I didn't read the article. I just wanted to clarify how conservative and liberal should be used in this scenario. The DA's are becoming a real problem for law and order.