Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Master Sgt. Cedric King on Kaepernick: 'Kneeling will not stop the injustice'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is an interesting article on the subject by a black senior non-commissioned officer Army veteran who lost his legs in Afghanistan. He can definitely see this from different points of view that most of us can't.

The whole article is good and not long. What he says here is something I completely agree with and mentioned a similar thought in the other thread but he says it much better than I ever could....

“I respect his courage to stand with those who have been oppressed in this country and wish more people would take action rather than sit passively," King told ESPN.com. “I admire that in this young man."

But King, who now walks and runs on artificial legs, has another opinion on what Kaepernick and those that have joined him are trying to accomplish.

He wishes he could be at Bank of America Stadium on Sunday when the 49ers face the Panthers to share that opinion with Kaepernick.

“I hope that he realizes that just sitting or kneeling will not stop the injustice which he is in strong opposition of," King said. “The thing that stops injustice of others is a strong understanding of each other. It is very hard to mistreat each other when I understand and love you.

“We have got to get to a place where I see me when I look at you, and you see yourself when you look at me. He must engineer a more efficient stance if he really wants to change the oppression of those mistreated."

Thoughts?