Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Democrats blame inflation on "greedy" corporations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Their constituents aren't really dumb enough to buy this, right?

[Image: 20211125-205958.jpg]
These idiots are talking about something they know absolutely nothing about.......... Comments like these coming from uninformed individuals scare me...... I think we should put at least a basic form of economics classes in out public schools, excuse me, our Government indoctrination centers, starting in the 7th grade. That way our youth will have the basic concepts of how our economy works......
(11-25-2021, 10:07 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]These idiots are talking about something they know absolutely nothing about.......... Comments like these coming from uninformed individuals scare me...... I think we should put at least a basic form of economics classes in out public schools, excuse me, our Government indoctrination centers, starting in the 7th grade. That way our youth will have the basic concepts of how our economy works......

The best way is to make your kids get a job as early as legally possible and introduce them to government theft by FICA at a young age.
It depends how competitive the marketplace is. If there is very little competition and high margins, the corporation can afford to eat a cost increase without passing it on to consumers, at least for a little while. If there is high competition, then that's not true. There is high competition at almost every level of food and groceries so Ms. Ruhle and Ms. Warren are both wrong.
(11-25-2021, 10:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]It depends how competitive the marketplace is. If there is very little competition and high margins, the corporation can afford to eat a cost increase without passing it on to consumers, at least for a little while. If there is high competition, then that's not true. There is high competition at almost every level of food and groceries so Ms. Ruhle and Ms. Warren are both wrong.

Corporations have a duty to their stockholders to make as much money as they can.  If they decide not to do that, the board of directors needs to explain to the stockholders why they are giving away money that rightfully belongs to the owners of the company- the shareholders.

By the way, Senator Warren is an ignorant demagogue.
(11-26-2021, 11:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 10:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]It depends how competitive the marketplace is. If there is very little competition and high margins, the corporation can afford to eat a cost increase without passing it on to consumers, at least for a little while. If there is high competition, then that's not true. There is high competition at almost every level of food and groceries so Ms. Ruhle and Ms. Warren are both wrong.

Corporations have a duty to their stockholders to make as much money as they can.  If they decide not to do that, the board of directors needs to explain to the stockholders why they are giving away money that rightfully belongs to the owners of the company- the shareholders.

You greedy bastard!
(11-26-2021, 11:10 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2021, 11:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Corporations have a duty to their stockholders to make as much money as they can.  If they decide not to do that, the board of directors needs to explain to the stockholders why they are giving away money that rightfully belongs to the owners of the company- the shareholders.

You greedy bastard!

Damn right.

If I want to give away money, I will do so.  But when I am part owner of a company, which I am as a stockholder, the board of directors has no right to give away my money unless they can justify it as a business decision.
Wait until these truckers start walking off the job because of the mandate..