Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: New York Times columnist says he has 'high tolerance' for inflation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New York Times columnist says he has 'high tolerance' for inflation in 'white-hot economy'

David Brooks: 'Since we can’t really fine-tune an economy, we’re probably overheating and we’re getting inflation'

The media continues to downplay mass inflation in today’s economy, including New York Times columnist David Brooks, who encouraged a "white-hot economy" and said he has a "high tolerance" for inflation.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/new-york-t...-inflation
As long as people have gas tanks to fill and refrigerators and pantries to stock, it is impossible for the dumbocrats to downplay inflation.

2022 is a bloodbath.
Personally I have a high tolerance for inflation as well, as I'm doing great financially. Most of the voters are not like me, and Democrats had better address that if they expect to stay in power.
If you click on the link, and watch what he actually says, it's obvious, the quoted statement about inflation is lifted out of context. As usual.
(11-29-2021, 09:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]If you click on the link, and watch what he actually says, it's obvious, the quoted statement about inflation is lifted out of context.  As usual.

"White hot" wages aren't keeping up with inflation.
"
(11-29-2021, 09:59 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2021, 09:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]If you click on the link, and watch what he actually says, it's obvious, the quoted statement about inflation is lifted out of context.  As usual.

"White hot" wages aren't keeping up with inflation.
"

Jesus Christ, why don't you watch what he actually said?  He wasn't endorsing inflation.  

Fox News has a hard on for the NY Times for some reason.  They do this all the time.  Maybe they're jealous because the NY Times is good enough that they can charge for their content and Fox News sucks so bad they have to give it away for free.
(11-29-2021, 10:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2021, 09:59 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]"White hot" wages aren't keeping up with inflation.
"

Jesus Christ, why don't you watch what he actually said?  He wasn't endorsing inflation.  

Fox News has a hard on for the NY Times for some reason.  They do this all the time.  Maybe they're jealous because the NY Times is good enough that they can charge for their content and Fox News sucks so bad they have to give it away for free.

I can read his quotes. Pick a better hill to die on Marty.

Read what you just wrote. Yoy have lost it man.
(11-29-2021, 12:16 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ] Most of the voters are not like me, and Democrats had better address that if they expect to stay in power.

Actually, most of the voters are exactly like you.  Until they open their eyes to reality the Democrats don't need to change a thing.