Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Wikipedia Doesn't want the truth about Communism spread.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wikipedia page on 'Mass killings under communist regimes' considered for deletion, prompting bias accusations

'This article has multiple issues,' a warning on the page currently states

Wikipedia is considering deleting a page about the mass killings committed by communist regimes throughout the 20th century over claims of bias.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wikiped...etion-bias
I think I agree the article isn't useful. Mao and Stalin were rivals. Mao and Kruschev were enemies. Pol Pot was deposed by the Vietnamese, who also claimed to be Communists. It's interesting that all four countries claimed an ideology that we translate into English as communism, but it's not really useful for really understanding what they were about.
I kind of agree with the critics of the article. Writing an article titled "Mass Killings Under Communist Regimes" is sort of like writing an article called, "Wars Started by Democrats" or "Economic Disasters Under Republican Presidents." It's an article whose undertone is a political point. Wikipedia should not be used for that.
I also think that the anti-communism article should probably be deleted, for the same reason, unless I'm missing something.
LOL, of course the lefties would come out in defense of communism and the millions of lives destroyed in its name... Communism is only for the peasants, the elites are not bound by the same lifestyle or rules. The ruling class gets everything while everyone else gets nothing but misery. Sounds fair.. Can't fix stupid Ma...
(11-29-2021, 05:35 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I think I agree the article isn't useful. Mao and Stalin were rivals. Ho Chi Minh and Pol Pot were enemies. It's interesting that all four men claimed an ideology that we translate into English as communism, but it's not really useful for really understanding what they were about.

Heres the real definition of a useless page.."Benevolent Charities founded under communist regimes". The issue here should not be 'is it useful', but rather 'is it the truth'. Otherwise, it's just another form of revisionism by exclusion.
Are there any about people killed by Christians?
(11-29-2021, 10:35 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any about people killed by Christians?

Yes, but it's called the Crusades.
(11-30-2021, 12:03 AM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2021, 10:35 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any about people killed by Christians?

Yes, but it's called the Crusades.

You meant the Defensive Wars of Christendom to protect Jerusalem against Islamic Aggression.
(11-30-2021, 12:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2021, 12:03 AM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but it's called the Crusades.

You meant the Defensive Wars of Christendom to protect Jerusalem against Islamic Aggression.

Oh, you mean the Rhineland massacre?
(11-30-2021, 12:29 AM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2021, 12:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ] 

Oh, you mean the Rhineland massacre?

Germans always try to kill Jews, it's sort of their thing.
(11-30-2021, 12:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2021, 12:29 AM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, you mean the Rhineland massacre?

Germans always try to kill Jews, it's sort of their thing.

They’re famous for it!
(11-30-2021, 01:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2021, 12:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Germans always try to kill Jews, it's sort of their thing.

They’re infamous for it!

Fixed that for ya!
(11-30-2021, 02:34 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2021, 01:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]They’re infamous for it!

Fixed that for ya!

Good catch!
It was a serious question. I didn't have time to look it up. I was just trying to think of an example that might fit Mikey's example and thought that might be in there. Anyways, looked it up and didn't see it in there.