Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Salvation Army's Red Kettle donations are down because........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Salvation Army's Donors Withdraw Support in Response to Racial 'Wokeness' Initiative

As The Salvation Army launches its Red Kettle Campaign this holiday season, some of its long-time donors are withdrawing their support from the 156-year old charitable organization citing its newly embraced "woke" ideology as the reason.

https://www.newsweek.com/salvation-armys...ve-1645658
That's troublesome for those who note The Salvation Army has been a leader in confronting racism long before the rest of the country and over five decades before the civil rights movement. And they're asking why then should members of an organization built by the Christian faith to actually assist people of all races in need, be repentant of behavior they never perpetuated?

And the SA has always been apolitical. Now they suddenly take a hard left turn? I'm sorry but I can't and won't donate to them as long as this is their focus. Sadly it's the thousands of people they give assistance to that will suffer thanks to their political move.
The problem is organizations and corporations regard embracing CRT as a means to assuage critics who have gained a falsely amplified voice through social media, the MSM and a few supportive lawmakers. After all, what harm can come from lending your voice to an anti-racism movement? What they don’t see is they are drinking from a poisoned well. CRT goes much deeper than racism. It’s a crusade which demands adherence to political and ideological dictates. You’re either with them or against them. Like pregnancy, one can’t be just a little supportive of CRT. If an organization does not echo their message with full devotion, they are labeled as agents of systemic racism not only in the present, but as elements of their past.
Salvation Army Withdraws Anti-White ‘Let’s Talk About Racism’ Guide After Uproar

https://www.dailywire.com/news/salvation...F071v4Vsrg
[Image: racism-salvation-army.jpg]
(12-03-2021, 05:03 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ][Image: racism-salvation-army.jpg]

I get the humor.  But what’s a white apology?  Here in 2021 no black man has ever picked cotton, unless on his own accord.  No white man has owned slaves, on anyones accord.
(12-03-2021, 07:48 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2021, 05:03 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ][Image: racism-salvation-army.jpg]

I get the humor.  But what’s a white apology?  Here in 2021 no black man has ever picked cotton, unless on his own accord.  No white man has owned slaves, on anyones accord.

It’s like some blacks can’t take “you won” for an answer.  Some are so invested in the hate that they can’t afford to let it go. And they poison the proverbial well for the rest of it. All this [BLEEP] does is foster more hate and resentment that wasn’t there before. And not from blacks..
(12-01-2021, 12:33 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Salvation Army Withdraws Anti-White ‘Let’s Talk About Racism’ Guide After Uproar

https://www.dailywire.com/news/salvation...F071v4Vsrg

Too late and too little.  The Salvation Army will receive nothing further from me until they do far more than "withdraw" a statement.  

The quick reversal of their position only illustrates how incompetent and/or shallow the organization is at the upper management level.  If they weren't smart enough to realize the impact the original move would have on donations, they need to go.  If they're willing to abandon a position in which they truly believe so quickly for money, they need to go.
I’m done playing nice..
(12-04-2021, 11:53 AM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]I’m done playing nice..

What does that mean?