Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Nine of 10 most popular governors are Republicans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nine of 10 most popular governors are Republicans, Biden less popular than least popular governor

The most popular Republican governor in the country comes from a deep blue state

A recent nonscientific poll shows that nine out of ten most popular governors in the United States are Republicans while President Biden’s approval rating is lower than the country’s least popular governor. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nine-of...vZ5twImpmE
Interesting that Ron DeSantis is way down toward the bottom of the list.

And, what exactly does it mean when they say the poll was nonscientific?
I know Governor Mike Dewine was on the list and I think he's done a great job here in Ohio. I wish he would run for President. He's a moderate Republican and has been one of the best Governors we've have in my lifetime. I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.
Ron DeSantis is probably one of the best governors that we have had.
Yeah. I'm surprised he isn't higher. I mean, it makes sense. There's basically a 24/7 smear campaign against the dude.
(11-30-2021, 05:59 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]Ron DeSantis is probably one of the best governors that we have had.

He's certainly better than Crist and Scott.
If the poll was taken for each governor within his own state, that invalidates any comparison, because Florida is very split between Dems and Repubs, so of course DeSantis would have a lower approval rating within a state that is fairly evenly split than another Republican would have in a state that is more Republican.
(12-01-2021, 10:35 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]If the poll was taken for each governor within his own state, that invalidates any comparison, because Florida is very split between Dems and Repubs, so of course DeSantis would have a lower approval rating within a state that is fairly evenly split than another Republican would have in a state that is more Republican.

My guess is a lot of democrats would silently approve of the job DeSantis has done for the state and will do so next year. Life under Gillum would have been awful, and I believe most rational people see that.

On a side note, I can't see the democrats shoveling a lot of money into the governor's race here.
The fact Gillum received so many votes due largely to TDS tells me there are a lot stupid people out there.