Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Now Trees are Racist... I tell you, the left is filled with racist idiots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
School Bans “Evergreen” Mascot Because It’s Racist

School Bans “Evergreen” Mascot Because It’s Racist

In Portland, Oregon, the Ida B. Wells-Barnett High School is in the process of selecting a new mascot. However, the entire process came to a grinding halt after some people expressed their concern that trees might be misconstrued as being racist.

https://bizarre.awm.com/school-bans-ever...HmaDsUUeBY
Do you just get sucked in by the headline or do you actually read the articles you post?
(12-08-2021, 03:52 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]Do you just get sucked in by the headline or do you actually read the articles you post?

The reason cited in the article is just as vacuous.
Does this mean we have to remove all the trees like we did the statues?
(12-08-2021, 05:12 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]Does this mean we have to remove all the trees like we did the statues?

Maybe, and that would explain why Teresa Greene has gone into hiding.
Black people were shot, too, but they sure haven’t shunned firearms.
Civil rights attorney Leo Terrell appeared on Fox News’s America Reports to say: “I’ve been a civil rights attorney for 30 years. I taught U.S. history for seven years. I’ve never had a client complain that a tree is racist. I’ve never had a case that deals with a tree being racist. It devalues true racism in this country.”

The man has a valid point. When you allow everything to be something (racist, sexist, ageist, etc.) it devalues that very thing. It's no longer something people see for what it is, it just becomes another slogan.
(12-08-2021, 08:36 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Civil rights attorney Leo Terrell appeared on Fox News’s America Reports to say: “I’ve been a civil rights attorney for 30 years. I taught U.S. history for seven years. I’ve never had a client complain that a tree is racist. I’ve never had a case that deals with a tree being racist. It devalues true racism in this country.”

The man has a valid point. When you allow everything to be something (racist, sexist, ageist, etc.) it devalues that very thing. It's no longer something people see for what it is, it just becomes another slogan.

When everything is sacred then nothing is.
(12-08-2021, 11:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-08-2021, 08:36 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Civil rights attorney Leo Terrell appeared on Fox News’s America Reports to say: “I’ve been a civil rights attorney for 30 years. I taught U.S. history for seven years. I’ve never had a client complain that a tree is racist. I’ve never had a case that deals with a tree being racist. It devalues true racism in this country.”

When everything is sacred then nothing is.

Pretty much.
I wonder what the real reason for wanting the mascot to change is?
There is no reason. It's part of the cult of correctness. The reason is these people have literally trained themselves to find every offense and to find value in standing up to it.
(12-09-2021, 12:17 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what the real reason for wanting the mascot to change is?

Right, we can't have a really cool name like the Trojans (a la USC) because it's a condom and we also can't have a weird name like the Evergreens because of their affiliation with lynchings.  Does this mean Stanford Cardinal will now come under fire because their logo includes a an Evergreen in front of the background S.

Since every nickname will eventually come under fire, we should just name each team The _____ High School Football Team (or Basketball Team or whatever sport one is referring to).
That's what Washington did.... but that's only going to last until we remove Washington from history for being racist.
Work boots next?
[Image: E2221-A90-60-AF-4858-9475-B0-EBABCA5-EA7.jpg]