Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Banking While Black.......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Racism in any form offends every bone in my body... We're all human beings and deserve to be treated as such.......

Black grocery store worker, 23, was HANDCUFFED while trying to cash his $900 paycheck after bank manager called cops claiming it was fake: US bank CEO apologizes over 'banking while black' bias
  • Joe Morrow worked as a picker at a UNFI grocery store in Hopkins, Minnesota 
  • Last October, he tried to cash his $900 paycheck at a branch of US bank 
  • The bank manager claimed it was fake and phoned the police
  • Morrow was hauled into a room in the bank and then put in handcuffs while cops and the bank manager called UNFI to confirm it was real 
  • Sgt. Justin Pletcher, the white cop who responded him, told him not to 'say anything stupid or you'll get arrested' 
  • He also told him that 'getting upset' made him 'look guilty' - even though he was not 
  • US Bank last month paid him an undisclosed settlement and the bank's CEO has apologized 
  • It's unclear if the bank manager remains in his position or if Sgt. Pletcher has been disciplined 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...Uwl12BL3-s
What a bunch of [BLEEP]. Dude gets a 900 check and doesn’t get it because he’s black and they assume it’s fake? Isn’t there stuff on the check to prevent that? Watermarks that hyroglyiphic stuff whatever? If he bust his [BLEEP] and the bank calls the cops on his [BLEEP], then yeah, give this guy money. No one wants to actually work these days. Here is a guy that wants to work hard and has this happen. [BLEEP] the democrats for forcing this race “war”. They can go to hell.
It's not that cut and dried. There had recently been a bunch of fake checks passed with the same company name with which he was trying to cash. They thought he was possibly a person trying to cash another fraudulent check.
(12-13-2021, 08:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]It's not that cut and dried. There had recently been a bunch of fake checks passed with the same company name with which he was trying to cash. They thought he was possibly a person trying to cash another fraudulent check.

That’s what I get for just reading the title and OP.  Makes sense.
Does he have an account there? Did he get upset over it?

You cannot get angry with cops, even if you haven't done anything because they can charge you once you start yelling at them. It doesn't matter the race, racist cops are generally power trippers to anyone who talks back to them.

On the bank issue, I'm shocked they did anything to keep him there. Generally they just call the cops but don't detain the person. I'm not sure how they were even cashing a paper check. Even if you have an account banks don't want to hand cash out for a check without it first clearing. Sounds like the bank was stupid to even be cashing checks and not making people deposit it into an account first.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Typical media bias, trying to create a "racial" incident.  The color of the individual (as well as the color of the police officer) is irrelevant.  It's only a story because he is black.

The article also contradicts itself, first saying he was trying to cash the check, then saying he was trying to deposit it.
(12-13-2021, 08:46 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]What a bunch of [BLEEP].  Dude gets a 900 check and doesn’t get it because he’s black and they assume it’s fake?  Isn’t there stuff on the check to prevent that? Watermarks that hyroglyiphic stuff whatever?  If he bust his [BLEEP] and the bank calls the cops on his [BLEEP], then yeah, give this guy money.  No one wants to actually work these days.  Here is a guy that wants to work hard and has this happen.  [BLEEP] the democrats for forcing this race “war”. They can go to hell.

Nice melt.