Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Your GM Candidates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thoughts?
Eliot Wolfe
I think the Wolfe/McDaniels package is the early leader in the clubhouse, but it's way too early to say.
Someone from a winning organization that knows how to draft good players.
Riddick/Daboll.

Make it so.
If you are an available GM, you likely did something to become available.

Give me a new guy nobody has ever heard of or hasn't been a GM please.
Trent Baalke must go!

San Francisco 49ers
Jaguars leaks about Urban Meyer are reminiscent of Trent Baalke's tenure with the 49ers
https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Jag...695974.php

https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/1...01890?s=20
Peyton Manning.
1. Not Trent Baalke
2. Not Tony Khan
3. Not anyone who had a GM job and got fired because their team sucked. I can't remember them all.
I hear Michelle Tafoya is available now.
(12-16-2021, 10:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Riddick/Daboll.

Make it so.

Oooo. I Like that combo.

Make it so.

Why Riddick? He's just another tryout like Meyer. Someone with more front office experience is what we need.
As much as I love the idea of Peyton Manning being an advisor or something along those lines, I know it wouldn't happen.

For realistic option, after a quick search, im wondering about Mike Borgonzi. Assistant GM with the Chiefs.
Along with the new head coach, the GM better be able to attract good free agents to join this dumpster fire.
1. Brandon Hunt
2. Malik Boyd
3. Joe Hortiz
4. Vincent Newsome
(12-16-2021, 10:43 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]I think the Wolfe/McDaniels package is the early leader in the clubhouse, but it's way too early to say.

Whose clubhouse? I hope Khan's.
(12-16-2021, 11:34 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: [ -> ]

Make it so.

Oooo. I Like that combo.

Riddick - why? Because he expresses nice opinions on TV? He was a scout, I understand that, but he's been out of the grind for a while. 

As for offensive-minded head coach candidates:

1. McDaniels - learned from Brady, working magic with a rookie and even reworked an offense to support Tebow
  2. Pederson - he was aggressive and let the defensive coordinator be aggressive
  3. Bienemy, Daboll & Leftwich - they all work with great QBs, so it's tough to say what they can do with average talent. Look at Bevell, he can't function without Russell Wilson or Matthew Stafford in their primes.

First interview question must be: Will you keep Joe Cullen?

Make it so.

Yes

(12-16-2021, 11:57 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2021, 11:34 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: [ -> ]Oooo. I Like that combo.

Riddick - why? Because he expresses nice opinions on TV? He was a scout, I understand that, but he's been out of the grind for a while. 

As for offensive-minded head coach candidates:

1. McDaniels - learned from Brady, working magic with a rookie and even reworked an offense to support Tebow
  2. Pederson - he was aggressive and let the defensive coordinator be aggressive
  3. Bienemy, Daboll & Leftwich - they all work with great QBs, so it's tough to say what they can do with average talent. Look at Bevell, he can't function without Russell Wilson or Matthew Stafford in their primes.

First interview question must be: Will you keep Joe Cullen?

He was more than just "a scout". He's a former player and has the pulse of the new NFL and players. He's actually been in line for a couple jobs. And it's so easy to say someone's name who worked under a good GM but we did that with Caldwell and it didn't work out great.

I've liked Riddick for awhile now. He almost landed the NYG job and was tied to McDaniels and San Fran before the went with Shanahan.

I'd love Riddick and Daboll or McDaniels maybe even Peterson.

(12-16-2021, 11:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]

Make it so.

Why Riddick? He's just another tryout like Meyer. Someone with more front office experience is what we need.

Not even the same thing as Meyer  Rolleyes
(12-16-2021, 11:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]

Make it so.

He's got more than enough front office experience. Director of Pro Personnel is frequently the last stop before GM, so he checks the 'experience' box.
Failing to get a new offensive lineman last year is unforgivable. Trent's got to go.
Pages: 1 2 3