Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This may not be popular
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this may not be a popular opinion but God I seriously hope Trevor can just go out there and play his best football for the next 4 weeks. I know we are not playing for the post season, we are playing for draft picks. But I don't care I want them to play for a good coach, I want them to play for pride. If he comes out and doesn't do good people will still call him a bust and shift from Urban being the problem to Urban was part of the problem.

I want them to win all 4 games. Let's go Jags!!
(12-16-2021, 08:06 PM)MIJagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]So this may not be a popular opinion but God I seriously hope Trevor can just go out there and play his best football for the next 4 weeks. I know we are not playing for the post season, we are playing for draft picks. But I don't care I want them to play for a good coach, I want them to play for pride. If he comes out and doesn't do good people will still call him a bust and shift from Urban being the problem to Urban was part of the problem.

Bro. That would be awesome.

A win against Wilson and the Jets. Belicheck/Mac and the Pats?!

Sign me up.

I’m usually all for highest pick possible (and that’s still likely) but man that would be awesome.
How would winning the last 4 games NOT be awesome? I mean, who would we be trying to tank for anyway, for those losers out there in favor of tanking?
Play the young guys and get a peek at next year.
I'm for it!
(12-16-2021, 08:20 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: [ -> ]How would winning the last 4 games NOT be awesome?  I mean, who would we be trying to tank for anyway, for those losers out there in favor of tanking?

A lot of people think you play for draft position when you're eliminated, which I don't have a huge issue with. I mean I root for the team to win no matter what, but if we lose there's still a positive in the higher pick. But damnit I want Trevor to be the best and I want him to have the best. Let's win losses will hurt more now than before for me.
This is a double edged sword for me.

Goal is to win. Always. Could care less about draft position this or draft position that.

But...

My concern would be Bevell pulling a Marrone in the interim and cementing himself as the headcoach moving forward. That's my only concern.

If the games are close. Lawrence shows more flashes with a different gameplan and he's limiting his mistakes? Great.

I'll take it.

I just don't want to see Bevell win because it gives him and Baalke a second chance. Khan HAS to learn from the previous mistakes. A partial break is still a break.

You must execute a CLEAN break here. They all have to go. With the exception of Cullen. He can stay. I just don't like the idea of Bevell and Baalke. Reeks of the Cleveland and Freddie Kitchens situation from a few years ago.

No thanks..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lets win! let some other teams tank.
(12-16-2021, 08:06 PM)MIJagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]So this may not be a popular opinion but God I seriously hope Trevor can just go out there and play his best football for the next 4 weeks. I know we are not playing for the post season, we are playing for draft picks. But I don't care I want them to play for a good coach, I want them to play for pride. If he comes out and doesn't do good people will still call him a bust and shift from Urban being the problem to Urban was part of the problem.

If Lawrence cleans up somethings we have a star QB, so having a high draft pick isn't as essential. Going in to next season with momentum is far more important, as long as going out with momentum doesn't mean we end up with Bevell.
I'm good with giving Khan zero excuse to keep Baalke or offensive staff at this point.

Wins don't help that cause unfortunately.
Okay i see this 2 ways

We lose the last remaining games and BAALKE and his croonies gets given the kick and we get top draft pick

OR we win the remaining Games as a giant F U to urban and risk keeping baalke and his croonies and also being lower on draft pick
(12-16-2021, 08:27 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]This is a double edged sword for me.

Goal is to win. Always. Could care less about draft position this or draft position that.

But...

My concern would be Bevell pulling a Marrone in the interim and cementing himself as the headcoach moving forward. That's my only concern.

If the games are close. Lawrence shows more flashes with a different gameplan and he's limiting his mistakes? Great.

I'll take it.

I just don't want to see Bevell win because it gives him and Baalke a second chance. Khan HAS to learn from the previous mistakes. A partial break is still a break.

You must execute a CLEAN break here. They all have to go. With the exception of Cullen. He can stay. I just don't like the idea of Bevell and Baalke. Reeks of the Cleveland and Freddie Kitchens situation from a few years ago.

No thanks..

I don't care what happens in the games as long as Trevor and Robinson come out healthy.

What matters is that Khan finally gets the GM hire right, and that GM gets the coach right.
I am not sure how I feel about Bevell and Baalke. It feels to me like a great QB can hide a poor coach/gm and even other players. So if Trevor can be great then it doesn't really matter whos in charge to a degree. I mean if Bevell can get this team to 6-11 maybe he should be given a chance. If Trevor can play lights out then maybe Bevells scheme is what's best? Rather than switching him to a new system with more uncertainty? Then again my gut tells me no matter how the season plays out Khan is going to do everything he can to get this right. I think he will hire some people to help him find the perfect fit. I think he's going to view this (as he should) as the most important hiring he's ever done.

All I want is Trevor to look great so another coach doesn't look at him and think he's not as good as advertised so they don't want to come here and be strapped with a bust. If he looks amazing every coach is going to want to come here with a high pick, tons of cap space and a young super star....those positions don't come around to often.
If the team can take momentum into next season that would be something.

But...

I'll take it.

No thanks..

If bevell gets this roster to win 4 games straight including ones against  belichek, he quite frankly deserves a legit shot at head coach. When was the last time we won 4 games straight?
(12-17-2021, 03:18 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]

But...

I'll take it.

No thanks..

If bevell gets this roster to win 4 games straight including ones against  belichek, he quite frankly deserves a legit shot at head coach. When was the last time we won 4 games straight?

Yes, agreed, and what's so bad about him pulling a 'Marrone'? No one here wants to go back to the AFC championship game? Seems like a lot of people on here were praising Marrone and how much better he would have done with this years team. If Bevell can pull a Marrone, I'm all for it. There's no guarantee that anyone else can either.