Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: School Suspends Conservative Student For Offensive Comment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The University of Indoctrination is at it again. Tell me these leftist are not full blown Commies!

School Suspends Conservative Student For Offensive Comment

A conservative student was suspended from a New York school for offending certain classmates with a simple comment. Disturbingly, he was denied re-entry after refusing to comply with a list of the school’s demands, including “re-education” training.

https://taphaps.com/owen-stevens-offensi...5aMZoooMOo
(12-30-2021, 11:59 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]The University of Indoctrination is at it again. Tell me these leftist are not full blown Commies!

A conservative student was suspended from a New York school for offending certain classmates with a simple comment. Disturbingly, he was denied re-entry after refusing to comply with a list of the school’s demands, including “re-education” training.

A more appropriate title would be "school bans student for comment". It wouldn't be as exciting though if it weren't Left vs. Right.  I guess MSM controls you again.
This sort of thing is ridiculous. What he says is true but why feel the need to go on social media and blast it across the ether? Why is he surprised at having any pushback whether from the school or his peers? I miss the days before social media became a bludgeoning tool for anyone to use for any purpose. I get wanting to argue your side, we all do it here, but this is contained and doesn't cause riots or some other form of chaos.
Going to university is a privilege.
Using social media is a privilege.
One privilege may be denied you depending on how you use the other. This isn't an issue of rights.
(12-30-2021, 01:01 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]This sort of thing is ridiculous. What he says is true but why feel the need to go on social media and blast it across the ether? Why is he surprised at having any pushback whether from the school or his peers? I miss the days before social media became a bludgeoning tool for anyone to use for any purpose. I get wanting to argue your side, we all do it here, but this is contained and doesn't cause riots or some other form of chaos.

In his defense, the Left has been blasting it's (opposite) message on every possible platform, with little or no tolerance for those of opposing beliefs.  This goes way beyond the biological question (in which he is correct).
(12-30-2021, 01:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Going to university is a privilege.
One privilege may be denied you depending on how you use the other.  This isn't an issue of rights.

It's also not a two-way street.
(12-30-2021, 12:46 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2021, 11:59 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]The University of Indoctrination is at it again. Tell me these leftist are not full blown Commies!

A more appropriate title would be "school bans student for comment". It wouldn't be as exciting though if it weren't Left vs. Right.  I guess MSM controls you again.

Whatever, leftards have cart blanch to say whatever defamatory and derogatory "comments" about people on the right and that is protected speech. No, students that do not bow at alter of left wing ideology are discriminated against and harassed. These colleges need to be sued into oblivion
(12-30-2021, 02:20 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2021, 01:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Going to university is a privilege.
One privilege may be denied you depending on how you use the other.  This isn't an issue of rights.

It's also not a two-way street.

You're right. It's not. For instance, I totally support the idea that a university should suspend a student for making derogatory racial comments, as I'm sure you do too.  But once the universities have that prerogative, they can use it on other things, especially if the state legislature at the time agrees.
(12-30-2021, 03:29 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2021, 12:46 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote: [ -> ]A more appropriate title would be "school bans student for comment". It wouldn't be as exciting though if it weren't Left vs. Right.  I guess MSM controls you again.

Whatever, leftards have cart blanch to say whatever defamatory and derogatory "comments" about people on the right and that is protected speech. No, students that do not bow at alter of left wing ideology are discriminated against and harassed. These colleges need to be sued into oblivion

I think Devo expressed it well regarding free speech and ideologies on college campuses:
"Freedom of Choice is what you want
Freedom from Choice is what you get"
(12-30-2021, 02:20 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2021, 01:01 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]This sort of thing is ridiculous. What he says is true but why feel the need to go on social media and blast it across the ether? Why is he surprised at having any pushback whether from the school or his peers? I miss the days before social media became a bludgeoning tool for anyone to use for any purpose. I get wanting to argue your side, we all do it here, but this is contained and doesn't cause riots or some other form of chaos.

In his defense, the Left has been blasting it's (opposite) message on every possible platform, with little or no tolerance for those of opposing beliefs.  This goes way beyond the biological question (in which he is correct).

Gotcha. It is wrong to only allow one side to have a voice or to allow only one opinion to be heard. There is a name for that. I think social media is used as a weapon by both sides and it shouldn't be. Opinions do not always equal facts and social media is rarely used to present facts.