Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: People Who Died in 2021
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
People who died in 2021 but thanks to technology, they will forever remain in our hearts:
Betty White
John Madden
Christopher Plummer
Monkees Mike Nesmith
Larry King
Cicely Tyson
Saved by the Bell's Dustin Diamond
Ned Beatty
Hal Holbrook
Cloris Leachman
Gavin MacLeoud
Ed Asner
Senator Bob Dole
Eddie Mekka
Young & the Restless Jerry Douglas
Stephen Soundheim
Dean Stockwell
Sons of Anarchy William Luckling
Peter Scolari
Friends James Michael Tyler
Willie Garson
General Colin Powell
Melvin Van Peebles
Jane Powell
Norm MacDonald
Michael Constatine
Michael K Williams
Rolling Stones Charlie Watts
Richard Donner
Markie Post
Biz Markle
General Hospital's Stuart Damon
WKRP In Cincinnati's Frank Bonner
Eric Carle
Samuel E Wright
Charles Grodin
Yaphett Kotto
Norman Lloyd
Olympia Dukakis
DMX
Prince Phillip
James Hampton
Beverly Clearly
Jessica Walter
Larry McMurty
George Segal
The Supremes Mary Wilson
Rush Limbaugh
Gregory Sierra
Hank Aaron
Philip Spector
Siegfried Fischbacher
Tommy Lasorda
Tanya Roberts

If I had forgotten someone please feel free to add!
Well, you missed all the non famous people for starters. Sometimes, often those are felt more than these people. But, if we’re looking strictly at famous people, my apologies. Betty White will be missed dearly. I’m sure others on the list for various reasons. Maybe I’m cold, callous or hardened. But I still can’t figure out why people put celebrities on a pedestal. Sure, some are really good peoples. But Betty White. As much as I love her and her work, she was 99. But I also don’t sit down at the hair or nail salon reading People Magazine.

More than likely, I’m just an [BLEEP].
Dang, Larry McMurtry died. He wrote one of my all time favorite books, Lonesome Dove.
(01-04-2022, 08:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Dang, Larry McMurtry died. He wrote one of my all time favorite books, Lonesome Dove.

Eric Carle died too.

He wrote one of my kid's all time favorite books, The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  I probably had to read that thing 150 times, and I still can't remember how many strawberries were eaten.
(01-04-2022, 09:33 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2022, 08:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Dang, Larry McMurtry died. He wrote one of my all time favorite books, Lonesome Dove.

Eric Carle died too.

He wrote one of my kid's all time favorite books, The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  I probably had to read that thing 150 times, and I still can't remember how many strawberries were eaten.

4.  Definitely 4 strawberries
It will be a sad day when Clint Eastwood is on the list. The man still puts out quality work that will never be equalled. But like Jags said about Betty White, he's in his 90s so it won't be a surprise. It will still be sad.
You forgot one:

Jaguars Fanbase's Hopes & Dreams

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
And don't forget those who are non famous that have passed away. RIP!
(01-04-2022, 11:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]You forgot one:

Jaguars Fanbase's Hopes & Dreams

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Laughing
(01-04-2022, 08:30 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you missed all the non famous people for starters.  Sometimes, often those are felt more than these people.  But, if we’re looking strictly at famous people, my apologies.  Betty White will be missed dearly. I’m sure others on the list for various reasons.  Maybe I’m cold, callous or hardened.  But I still can’t figure out why people put celebrities on a pedestal.  Sure, some are really good peoples. But Betty White.  As much as I love her and her work, she was 99. But I also don’t sit down at the hair or nail salon reading People Magazine. 

If I had to venture a guess as to the attachment, it's that we often spend a lot of our time seeking entertainment in some form or other; books, movies, tv, food, etc. And when someone associated with those positive memories is no longer with us, there's a sadness that we won't have any new memories to add to the data bank.

There's a lot of "celebrities" that aren't necessarily dearly beloved, entertaining, or have done anything noteworthy in decades [/glares at Dustin Diamond], but some folks will recognize the name, and remember that at one point they were involved in something they enjoyed, so they get a mention. 

I do remember years ago, listening to a classic rock station, the announcer read the story of Jerry Garcia's passing. He could barely get through the announcement, and voice was cracking throughout, and I just couldn't understand it. I wasn't a Dead-head, though, so Jerry was little more than the hippie God that all the patchouli-clad college students around me seemed to worship blindly. Same happened when Prince died. He made music, he died, big whoop. Then, the day came with news of Tom Petty's passing, and I still can't listen to Wildflowers without fighting back tears.

It's weird how it works, sometimes.
Perspective I buried 8 family members and friends last year. It was a rough year for sure
(01-06-2022, 07:58 AM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]Perspective I buried 8 family members and friends last year. It was a rough year for sure

cripes, man. much condolences.

Posts like these remind me how fortunate our family has been. Perspective can be very sobering. I hope you and your family are able to enjoy some good memories of those who've passed.
(01-05-2022, 11:54 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2022, 08:30 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you missed all the non famous people for starters.  Sometimes, often those are felt more than these people.  But, if we’re looking strictly at famous people, my apologies.  Betty White will be missed dearly. I’m sure others on the list for various reasons.  Maybe I’m cold, callous or hardened.  But I still can’t figure out why people put celebrities on a pedestal.  Sure, some are really good peoples. But Betty White.  As much as I love her and her work, she was 99. But I also don’t sit down at the hair or nail salon reading People Magazine. 

If I had to venture a guess as to the attachment, it's that we often spend a lot of our time seeking entertainment in some form or other; books, movies, tv, food, etc. And when someone associated with those positive memories is no longer with us, there's a sadness that we won't have any new memories to add to the data bank.

There's a lot of "celebrities" that aren't necessarily dearly beloved, entertaining, or have done anything noteworthy in decades [/glares at Dustin Diamond], but some folks will recognize the name, and remember that at one point they were involved in something they enjoyed, so they get a mention. 

I do remember years ago, listening to a classic rock station, the announcer read the story of Jerry Garcia's passing. He could barely get through the announcement, and voice was cracking throughout, and I just couldn't understand it. I wasn't a Dead-head, though, so Jerry was little more than the hippie God that all the patchouli-clad college students around me seemed to worship blindly. Same happened when Prince died. He made music, he died, big whoop. Then, the day came with news of Tom Petty's passing, and I still can't listen to Wildflowers without fighting back tears.

It's weird how it works, sometimes.

With you there man. Petty was such a good, down to earth dude. His music will hold up for years to come.
Almost WingerDinger...
(01-09-2022, 08:42 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Almost WingerDinger...

I’m glad you’re still hanging in there!
(01-09-2022, 09:07 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2022, 08:42 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Almost WingerDinger...

I’m glad you’re still hanging in there!

Going on 2 months in the hospital.. im ready to go home
(01-09-2022, 10:47 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2022, 09:07 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m glad you’re still hanging in there!

Going on 2 months in the hospital.. im ready to go home

I bet!
(01-09-2022, 11:46 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2022, 10:47 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Going on 2 months in the hospital.. im ready to go home

I bet!

11 surgeries so far and counting!!

Go me!!
(01-10-2022, 12:42 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2022, 11:46 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]I bet!

11 surgeries so far and counting!!

Go me!!

Do they know how many more they’re gonna have to do? It’s still so crazy that you’re going through this!
(01-10-2022, 01:39 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2022, 12:42 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]11 surgeries so far and counting!!

Go me!!

Do they know how many more they’re gonna have to do? It’s still so crazy that you’re going through this!

Well they're going to start on a wound vac when i go back to the OR.. and after that, they're going to start with the skin graphs. So i probably have a handful of surgeries left.. 

Tell ya this much though.. i love the smell of laughing gas haha
Pages: 1 2 3