Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Weaver was almost as bad as Khan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wayne weaver wasn't much better the Khan afteall. his overall record was 138  134 loses

heres a link      https://www.pro-football-reference.com/e...eavWa0.htm

My dad told me this morning the whole clown vault is a bad idea,and khan will end up keeping  Trent  despite the fans. Dad says your not supporting team with the clown out. 

I disagree with him on it.  We want the team to be better.  Dad was right about them loseing under Wayne weaver though. lst serveal seasons he was there jags had loseing record too most of the time.

(01-05-2022, 01:13 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]Wayne weaver wasn't much better the Khan afteall. his overall record was 138  134 loses

My dad told me this morning the whole clown vault is a bad idea,and khan will end up keeping  Trent  despite the fans. Dad says your not supporting team with the clown out. 

I disagree with him on it.  We want the team to be better.  Dad was right about them loseing under Wayne weaver though. lst serveal seasons he was there jags had loseing record too most of the time.

Wayne was here 17 years only had 7 winning seasons. Kan has been here 10 now,and has 2 winning years right?
Even more reason for Khan to understand why we the fans are pissed. He should not ignore what the fans are saying. I want to keep the team here, but as a fan, this losing year after year after year is getting old. Its hard to get excited about that and as an owner who knows NOTHING about football, he would be wise to listen to what we are saying. We have every right to be angry and skeptical. He can't be that tone deaf..
(01-05-2022, 01:13 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]Wayne weaver wasn't much better the Khan afteall. his overall record was 138  134 loses

Wayne was here 17 years only had 7 winning seasons. Kan has been here 10 now,and has 2 winning years right?

What are you rambling on about now?

Jacksonville had one of the most successful franchises to ever start in any sport on the professional level. The 1995 season was rough, but, after that? They went on a four year stretch of all kinds of stunning upsets, thrills, record level beat downs against two legends of the game on an interstate team, etc. 

Weaver only made one critical mistake as an owner. That mistake was firing Coughlin instead of finding a more suitable director of personnel or general manager to help him build a roster. He went a little overboard after that 1999 loss and I think after making it close twice in just four years he was hungry for the ultimate victory and he put us in cap hell.

Of course, we all know how the rest of this story unfolds. He goes to New York. Wins two titles against the greatest coach and quarterback of all time in both contests and he got the last laugh. All that said. 

Weaver didn't strike out too bad with Jack Del Rio and James Harris. For what it's worth. When you go back and you really look at the moves they made, the rosters they tried to build. They at least tried and they at least compiled a much more competent product than we have ever seen in comparison to anything Khan has done in his 10 years of ownership. 

138 - 134 is still better than average. Khan is 41 - 118. He's the 2nd fastest owner of all time to reach triple digit losses. Quick math! Who do you like better in this scenario?
why they did have some better seasons under weaver his last four years before he sold the team  jags were loseing. They were loseing before Khan bought the team. 

thats the point my dad was trying to make with me this morning. its not all the owners faullt, they were loseing before Khan.  Jags need a owner that can work a mircle and  make the tam better. Khan isn't that owner. 

Nither owner got team to Super bowl.
The Jags were still 23-36 under Del Rio from 2007-2011 (Weaver's last 4 years of ownership). In 8 full seasons from 2003-2010, Del Rio went 65-63 (.507 winning percentage). He had 3 winning seasons, 2 8-8 seasons, and 2 7-9 seasons. For a league that is built on parity and to keep a level playing field, Jack Del Rio kept the Jaguars competitive.

Looking at 2012-2021:

Mike Mularkey: 2-14
Gus Bradley: 14-48
Doug Marone: 23-43 (buoyed by a 10-6 2017 season)
Urban Meyer: 2-11
Darrell Bevell: 0-3

Combined: 41-119. ONE winning season. ONE playoff appearance. We've had TWELVE first round picks since 2012. How many are still with the team? Five (Bryan, Allen, Chaisson, Lawrence, Etienne). How many have actively contributed this year? TWO. How many have flamed out of the league? TWO (Blackmon/Joeckel). FOUR were traded/cut before they could even finish their rookie deals (Fowler, Ramsey, Fournette, Henderson). Those players were supposed to be the backbone and foundation of a team. But they were wasted picks. What is the common denominator? Khan's inept ownership. Wayne Weaver may have made some bad mistakes as an owner, but he was not a bad owner.

The first several seasons, the Jags lost most of their games? No....the first several seasons, the Jags WON SEVENTY percent of their games. (56/80) from 1995-1999. From 95-2000, they won 65%. It wasn't until Tom's last 2 years where he dual hatted as a coach/GM got us into salary cap oblivion. We had to slash payroll and rebuild....but were still competitive....until Wayne sold the team, as evidence by having a record ABOVE .500. NOW? Khan can barely win a QUARTER of his games. He's a joke...and the clown show Sunday will prove it.
(01-05-2022, 01:13 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]I did some research.

Lemme stop you right there.
(01-05-2022, 01:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]

138 - 134 is still better than average. Khan is 41 - 118.
He's the 2nd fastest owner of all time to reach triple digit losses. Quick math! Who do you like better in this scenario?

So, essentially Wayne Weaver finished 8-8 per year on average and Shad Khan finished 4-12 per year on average.

I'd have to say Weaver won at the rate of 2x what Khan has won.

..... Dang Stats.  Factual evidence always gets in the way of what seems to be a good topic.
My dad says your dad is wrong.
(01-05-2022, 03:08 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]My dad says your dad is wrong.

My mamma says crocodiles are ornery cuz they gots all them teeths and no toothbrush!
One of the worst posts ever.
(01-05-2022, 03:24 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2022, 03:08 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]My dad says your dad is wrong.

My mamma says crocodiles are ornery cuz they gots all them teeths and no toothbrush!

Congratulations on all the research done
(01-05-2022, 02:44 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]The Jags were still 23-36 under Del Rio from 2007-2011 (Weaver's last 4 years of ownership). In 8 full seasons from 2003-2010, Del Rio went 65-63 (.507 winning percentage). He had 3 winning seasons, 2 8-8 seasons, and 2 7-9 seasons. For a league that is built on parity and to keep a level playing field, Jack Del Rio kept the Jaguars competitive.

Looking at 2012-2021: 

Mike Mularkey: 2-14
Gus Bradley: 14-48
Doug Marone: 23-43 (buoyed by a 10-6 2017 season)
Urban Meyer: 2-11
Darrell Bevell: 0-3

Combined: 41-119. ONE winning season. ONE playoff appearance. We've had TWELVE first round picks since 2012. How many are still with the team? Five (Bryan, Allen, Chaisson, Lawrence, Etienne). How many have actively contributed this year? TWO. How many have flamed out of the league? TWO (Blackmon/Joeckel). FOUR were traded/cut before they could even finish their rookie deals (Fowler, Ramsey, Fournette, Henderson). Those players were supposed to be the backbone and foundation of a team. But they were wasted picks. What is the common denominator? Khan's inept ownership. Wayne Weaver may have made some bad mistakes as an owner, but he was not a bad owner.

The first several seasons, the Jags lost most of their games? No....the first several seasons, the Jags WON SEVENTY percent of their games. (56/80) from 1995-1999. From 95-2000, they won 65%. It wasn't until Tom's last 2 years where he dual hatted as a coach/GM got us into salary cap oblivion. We had to slash payroll and rebuild....but were still competitive....until Wayne sold the team, as evidence by having a record ABOVE .500. NOW?  Khan can barely win a QUARTER of his games. He's a joke...and the clown show Sunday will prove it.

Silly NCJag, you're just supposed to look at a simplistic stat and have everything figured out.

If you find a franchise QB, winning gets a whole lot easier. We got VERY lucky that Brunell panned out early.
If you research further, you will see the fans revolted and Weaver listened to them and fired TC. TC had a problem that he was the GM and made some stupid mistakes trying to recreate the 99 season after he lost 3 times to the Titans. TC needed to have the GM duties removed but not to be fired.

Khan is the opposite and will not act quick enough. So yes he may be finally caving to the fans now buy he should have done it 2-3 years ago and even quicker during the previous coach changes.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
(01-05-2022, 01:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]

What are you rambling on about now?

Jacksonville had one of the most successful franchises to ever start in any sport on the professional level. The 1995 season was rough, but, after that? They went on a four year stretch of all kinds of stunning upsets, thrills, record level beat downs against two legends of the game on an interstate team, etc. 

Weaver only made one critical mistake as an owner. That mistake was firing Coughlin instead of finding a more suitable director of personnel or general manager to help him build a roster. He went a little overboard after that 1999 loss and I think after making it close twice in just four years he was hungry for the ultimate victory and he put us in cap hell.

Of course, we all know how the rest of this story unfolds. He goes to New York. Wins two titles against the greatest coach and quarterback of all time in both contests and he got the last laugh. All that said. 

Weaver didn't strike out too bad with Jack Del Rio and James Harris. For what it's worth. When you go back and you really look at the moves they made, the rosters they tried to build. They at least tried and they at least compiled a much more competent product than we have ever seen in comparison to anything Khan has done in his 10 years of ownership. 

138 - 134 is still better than average. Khan is 41 - 118. He's the 2nd fastest owner of all time to reach triple digit losses. Quick math! Who do you like better in this scenario?
and Weaver admitted he made a mistake by listening to the fans and ousting Coughlin... It was the fans back then that wanted Coughlin gone... and Weaver made the mistake of listening to them... said it was the biggest mistake he ever made as an owner....
(01-05-2022, 01:20 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]Even more reason for Khan to understand why we the fans are pissed. He should not ignore what the fans are saying. I want to keep the team here, but as a fan, this losing year after year after year is getting old. Its hard to get excited about that and as an owner who knows NOTHING about football, he would be wise to listen to what we are saying. We have every right to be angry and skeptical. He can't be that tone deaf..
by listening to a bunch of fans... BAWAHHHH sorry but wasn't it the fans that wanted Coughlin gone... and look how wrong the fans were... he went on to win super bowls... The one thing weaver did wrong he was dumb enough to listen to the fans... do you think multi-millionaire companies got where they were by listening and pandering to their employees....hell no

(01-05-2022, 09:22 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]If you research further, you will see the fans revolted and Weaver listened to them and fired TC. TC had a problem that he was the GM and made some stupid mistakes trying to recreate the 99 season after he lost 3 times to the Titans. TC needed to have the GM duties removed but not to be fired.

Khan is the opposite and will not act quick enough. So yes he may be finally caving to the fans now buy he should have done it 2-3 years ago and even quicker during the previous coach changes.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

exactly why you don't make decisions based on a bunch of people who sit on their couches and think they know everything....
(01-05-2022, 10:44 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2022, 01:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]What are you rambling on about now?

and Weaver admitted he made a mistake by listening to the fans and ousting Coughlin... It was the fans back then that wanted Coughlin gone... and Weaver made the mistake of listening to them... said it was the biggest mistake he ever made as an owner....
You need a history refresher. 
Coughlin hung himself out to dry by going full control freak in JAX

He wanted to be HC/GM/OC and any other hats he could wear.

It didn't work. 

He put the team in cap hell and they ran into 3 consecutive losing seasons as a result. 

The giants wouldn't let coughlin wear all the hats. 
HC only. 
Weaver couldn't get him to do that in Jax, so he HAD to be cut loose.
Dude you’ve been on this forum since 03. Should know this franchise a bit better and shouldn’t need to research that… and still get everything so wrong
(01-06-2022, 12:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2022, 10:44 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]and Weaver admitted he made a mistake by listening to the fans and ousting Coughlin... It was the fans back then that wanted Coughlin gone... and Weaver made the mistake of listening to them... said it was the biggest mistake he ever made as an owner....

It didn't work. 

He put the team in cap hell and they ran into 3 consecutive losing seasons as a result. 

HC only. 

I recall that then Jaguars Executive Michael Huyghue got an enormous amount of blame for the Jaguars Salary Cap problems in the early 2000s.  Yet, being that Tom Coughlin had final say in Jaguars personnel matters, the blame on Huyghue probably was more than he deserved.
Khan can only wish he had Weaver's record as an owner, at least the fans had hope each year back then.
Under Khan's ownership we the fans are south of hopeless hurtling toward apathy.
(01-06-2022, 12:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2022, 10:44 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]and Weaver admitted he made a mistake by listening to the fans and ousting Coughlin... It was the fans back then that wanted Coughlin gone... and Weaver made the mistake of listening to them... said it was the biggest mistake he ever made as an owner....

It didn't work. 

HC only. 

Weaver admitted that he listened to the fans... he also admitted that he never talked to Coughlin about his role and being just a head coach... and Coughlin later admitting that he would have been fine with that... might want to learn your history and what the two men actually said later on... Weaver literally admitted that he caved to the fan base and it was the biggest mistake he made... that he should have never had let Coughlin go... are you denying that? because it literally came out of the man's mouth....
Pages: 1 2