Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Facebook Likes by Political Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://graphics.wsj.com/elections/2016/facebook-likes/

Shaking my head at a lot of these.   George Takei is awesome though.  Not really a fan of news shows personally.   A lot of Football players on the right, but not on the left.  Though I guess the divide between players in the NFL is a bit greater (which is why none top the Top 5 on either list, unless you count Tim Tebow).  I mean you've got a lot more players to choose from.  I mean ask a Jags fan his favorite player, and you might get Bortles, Robinson, or Hurns (among others).  Ask a Packers fan and you'll probably get Aaron Rodgers, but you might also get Clay Matthews or Jordy Nelson.  

Most liked book in Texas: Texas got it Right. Of course.

The Farmers Almanac??
im proud to say none of those describe my likes

Musician/Band:  Metallica

Actor:  Denzel Washington

Movie: The Count of Monte Cristo

TV:  Stranger Things

Book: Song of Ice and Fire

Athlete: Donald Cerrone

As for mine... (so people can make fun)

Musician/Band: Tove Lo

Actor: Matt Damon

Movie: The Shawshank Redemption

TV:  Doctor Who

Book:  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Athlete:  Blake Bortles

Quote:As for mine... (so people can make fun)

Musician/Band: Tove Lo

Actor: Matt Damon

Movie: The Shawshank Redemption

TV:  Doctor Who

Book:  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Nice, I like your favorite athlete :thumbsup:

Musician/Band: Genesis

Actor: Christian Bale

Movie: Interstellar

TV:  Rome (Stranger Things may take its place over time)

Book:  The Forever War

Ohhh I want in on this!

Musician/Band:  Classic Rock - Pink Floyd  Alternative - Pearl Jam 

Actor:  Al Pacino

Movie: Empire Strikes Back

TV:  Breaking Bad

Book:  Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

All Time Athlete:  Dan Marino
Quote:http://graphics.wsj.com/elections/2016/facebook-likes/

Shaking my head at a lot of these.   George Takei is awesome though.  Not really a fan of news shows personally.   A lot of Football players on the right, but not on the left.  Though I guess the divide between players in the NFL is a bit greater (which is why none top the Top 5 on either list, unless you count Tim Tebow).  I mean you've got a lot more players to choose from.  I mean ask a Jags fan his favorite player, and you might get Bortles, Robinson, or Hurns (among others).  Ask a Packers fan and you'll probably get Aaron Rodgers, but you might also get Clay Matthews or Jordy Nelson.  

Interesting link.

As far as the categories, it's hard for me to come up with a favorite for any of them.

Musician/Band - Several and too many to mention.  I listen to several genres of music depending on my mood.

Actor - Too many to choose a favorite.  I've actually never thought about someone being my "favorite actor".

Movie - Once again, too many to choose from.  Some of the Stephen King movies are pretty good (The Stand) as well as some of the Star Trek Movies as well as ...

TV - I stopped watching TV "sitcoms" or series several years ago.  One of my all time favorites is All In the Family.  Archie Bunker at times made me laugh so hard that my stomach hurt.

Book - I can't really name a favorite since I've read so many.  Even if you break it down between fiction/non-fiction there are many that I could consider tops.

Athlete - I would maybe say Barry Sanders, but there are many that can be considered.
Quote:Interesting link.

As far as the categories, it's hard for me to come up with a favorite for any of them.

LOL!  Is this serious?  You're just trolling right?

OK, let me take a stab at it for ya:

JIB's Favorites:

Band/Mucision - Englebert Humperdink

Actor - Wilford Brimley

Movie - The Horse in Motion

TV - The Lucky Strikes Variety Hour, Hosted by Milton Burle

Book - Hammarabi's Code

Athlete -  You forget his name, but that Greco Roman wrestler than won the first Olympics in Athens, Greece.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Here's mine with something special added in.....

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Musician/Band:  Slipknot

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Actor: Robert Downey Jr.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Movie: The Perks of Being a Wallflower

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">TV:  South Park

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Book: Saint Maybe

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Athlete: Blake Bortles

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Celebrity Crush: Emma Watson

Quote:The Farmers Almanac??

:thumbsup:
Quote:LOL!  Is this serious?  You're just trolling right?

OK, let me take a stab at it for ya:

JIB's Favorites:

Band/Mucision - Englebert Humperdink

Actor - Wilford Brimley

Movie - The Horse in Motion

TV - The Lucky Strikes Variety Hour, Hosted by Milton Burle

Book - Hammarabi's Code

Athlete -  You forget his name, but that Greco Roman wrestler than won the first Olympics in Athens, Greece.

Unlike you, I have a variety of interests and likes.

Band/musician - Can be a variety of people/bands depending on my mood.  Off the top of my head, Kid Rock, Luke Bryan, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Billy Joel, Chuck Mangione, Randy Crawford, the Doobie Brothers, Frank Sinatra, The Four Seasons... the list goes on.  I can't really name any one band/musician that I would consider my favorite.  I really couldn't name a genre as my favorite since I like/listen to all kinds of music.  I'm currently listening to Hootie and the Blowfish while browsing the forums.

Actor - It varies from Al Pacino to Sandra Bullock.

Movie - Many of the sci-fi movies, especially Star Trek (The Search for Spock).  I also really liked Scarface.  There are too many that I've watched to really name one as a favorite.

TV - I pretty much stopped watching TV/sitcoms a long time ago.  Pretty much anything funny and I would probably say All in The Family is probably my all time favorite.

Book - I've read so many and still do a lot of reading.  One of my favorites (fiction) was The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, but I wouldn't call it my favorite book.

Athlete - Maybe Barry Sanders or even Jimmy Smith.  There have been too many to choose one favorite.
Quote:Unlike you, I have a variety of interests and likes.

Band/musician - Can be a variety of people/bands depending on my mood. Off the top of my head, Kid Rock, Luke Bryan, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Billy Joel, Chuck Mangione, Randy Crawford, the Doobie Brothers, Frank Sinatra, The Four Seasons... the list goes on. I can't really name any one band/musician that I would consider my favorite. I really couldn't name a genre as my favorite since I like/listen to all kinds of music. I'm currently listening to Hootie and the Blowfish while browsing the forums.

Actor - It varies from Al Pacino to Sandra Bullock.

Movie - Many of the sci-fi movies, especially Star Trek (The Search for Spock). I also really liked Scarface. There are too many that I've watched to really name one as a favorite.

TV - I pretty much stopped watching TV/sitcoms a long time ago. Pretty much anything funny and I would probably say All in The Family is probably my all time favorite.

Book - I've read so many and still do a lot of reading. One of my favorites (fiction) was The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, but I wouldn't call it my favorite book.

Athlete - Maybe Barry Sanders or even Jimmy Smith. There have been too many to choose one favorite.

Lol, urinate or get a check up on your prostate...

That's all I'm saying. I just found your hedging on a favorites list a great time to talk trash. :-)
I just made up that prostate thing right there... Pretty proud of it.
Takei is a favorite of mine.  Though, on the downside he's pretty activist.  You're pretty much shunned/shamed/hated if you aren't full activist as part of that community, which is unfortunate.  Leads only to further division and hate.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Just like in politics, I march to my own beat.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Musician/Band:  All Time; The Doors.  Of late, Halestorm and Sick Puppies - Tie!

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Actor:  Tom Hanks, what range

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Movie: Brave Heart

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">TV:  All time; MASH, but fast approaching Game of Thrones

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Book: Battle Cry

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Athlete: Walter Payton