Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Positives and Negatives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Leaving the stadium after yesterday's defeat, I was not ready or willing to even think of positives after such a heartbreaking loss. How do you lose when you hold Rodgers to less than 200 passing yards and Bortles throws for more than 300? It would have been one of the top 3 memorable home games in Jaguars history had they pulled it out at the end. That being said, there were some signs yesterday to give optmism to the fans. First the negatives:

1, No pass rush. Fowler's pre-season gave us false hope that he'd be a huge addition this year. I do think he;ll get much better, but we probably won't see much impact this season. 

2. Running game- Offensive line pass protected well, but Yeldon had little running room.

3. Inability to close the game- Good teams find a way to win games like this and it was there for the taking.

4. Cyprien's missed tackle- He must make those plays, period.

Positives:

1. Beachum is very solid and may turn out to be one of the best free agents ever.

2. Special teams were excellent, especially the kickers.

3. Julius Thomas is back. Add him to the wide receiving corps and this offense will be hard to stop. Robinson got held all day

and needs to get those calls.

4. Secondary covered great and Prince was expecially solid.

Forecast:

Due to the lack of pass rush, this team will end up at 8-8. Combine that with all the youth and it will take 1 more year to make the playoffs, but the future is very bright. DO NOT sell your soul to the devil and pick up Hardy, They will end up regretting it.

Quote:Leaving the stadium after yesterday's defeat, I was not ready or willing to even think of positives after such a heartbreaking loss. How do you lose when you hold Rodgers to less than 200 passing yards and Bortles throws for more than 300? It would have been one of the top 3 memorable home games in Jaguars history had they pulled it out at the end. That being said, there were some signs yesterday to give optmism to the fans. First the negatives:

1, No pass rush. Fowler's pre-season gave us false hope that he'd be a huge addition this year. I do think he;ll get much better, but we probably won't see much impact this season.

2. Running game- Offensive line pass protected well, but Yeldon had little running room.

3. Inability to close the game- Good teams find a way to win games like this and it was there for the taking.

Positives:

1. Beachum is very solid and may turn out to be one of the best free agents ever.

3. Julius Thomas is back. Add him to the wide receiving corps and this offense will be hard to stop. Robinson got held all day

Forecast:

Due to the lack of pass rush, this team will end up at 8-8. Combine that with all the youth and it will take 1 more year to make the playoffs, but the future is very bright. DO NOT sell your soul to the devil and pick up Hardy, They will end up regretting it.

The game was a little sloppy. There were some mistakes that cost us, a few bad calls by the Refs as well.

It wasn't fun to watch my team lose in a game that they easily could have won but I'm not too worried. It was the first game of the season with a lot of young guys.

This team will tighten it up and is only going to get better every game. The sooner we see that pass rush start to hit home, the better though.
This "don't sell ur soul for Hardy" foolishness again. This must be Jeff "Pull a man's hair in a fight" Logaman. They better get GH or get comfortable losing this season.
Watching Denard try to pass protect is like watching Timmy Lupus try to catch a routine fly ball.
If you saw something from Fowler in the preseason that gave you hope then you should get your eyes checked.
Positives:

1. No major Injuries in a non conference game.

2. It appears the opening 3 & Out bug has finally been squashed.

3. The corners played better than last year.

4. Yeldon didn't fumble the ball with an increase in carries.

5. The kicker didn't lose the game this time.

Negatives:

1. Throwing an INT on the first drive of the season. I believe it cost them momentum and the game yesterday.

2. The Oline didn't open running lanes. Yeldon had Packers in his backfield all day.

3. Where was Telvin??? Where was the Pass Rush??? I though yall said Ramsey was going to shut Rodgers up....

4. Bubble screen on 4th and 1... come'on Guschamp.... Gus should be fired!!!!!!

5. GB: 5-24 vs JAX: 7-79 The referees didn't call the game evenly.. it wasn't even close. AROB needs to file a battery suit cause he was getting mugged the whole game.

Positives:

Telvin

Ramsey

Prince

JT

Surprise Positives:

Myers

Luke

Negatives:

Cyp

The score
+ Positive (red)

- Negative (black)

Quote:Leaving the stadium after yesterday's defeat, I was not ready or willing to even think of positives after such a heartbreaking loss. How do you lose when you hold Rodgers to less than 200 passing yards and Bortles throws for more than 300? It would have been one of the top 3 memorable home games in Jaguars history had they pulled it out at the end. That being said, there were some signs yesterday to give optmism to the fans. First the negatives:

Positives:

Forecast:

First off, we should all be very happy if we can reach 8-8 this season; just consider what a jump in our season record reaching 8-8 would be!

First, my 'atta boys'

well done Myers! I've not been a strident supporter, but I will give you credit for doing a good job.

Yeldon did pretty good considering.

for the most part, it seemed to me that the o-line did okay. Bortles ran out of the pocket into pressure even when he had a clean pocket!

ARob.... for putting up with the refs not calling that guy who was interfering with you all afternoon.

the punter ( I don't know his name yet) did an outstanding job with his punts, along with the special teams, pinning the pack deep.

now, my 'aw ****

Bortles... why are you running out of a clean pocket? Watch Rodgers and learn dude... and calm down!

O-coach... your play calling at times is highly questionable. For example, that last play.

defensive tackling: back to this...again! I saw multiple times when we hit a running back and did not 'wrap them up'. Result; extra yards.

the defense as a whole just didn't look cohesive.

the refs.... man, the calls in that game certainly appeared to show a bias for the packers.

In conclusion, whoever thought this team was 'play off contenders' this season is/was delusional. We're clearly not ready. However, 8-8 is still a worthy goal.
The game summary on NFL.com praises Rodgers up and down for his toughness, escapability, and accuracy shown in this game.  He certainly had the first two, but he was inaccurate yesterday.  He threw at least 5 passes into the dirt.  He had almost no pressure.  If Rodgers had been his usual self I don't think the score would have been as close.

Quote:Positives:

1. No major Injuries in a non conference game.

2. It appears the opening 3 & Out bug has finally been squashed.

3. The corners played better than last year.

4. Yeldon didn't fumble the ball with an increase in carries.

5. The kicker didn't lose the game this time.

Negatives:

1. Throwing an INT on the first drive of the season. I believe it cost them momentum and the game yesterday.

2. The Oline didn't open running lanes. Yeldon had Packers in his backfield all day.

3. Where was Telvin??? Where was the Pass Rush??? I though yall said Ramsey was going to shut Rodgers up....

4. Bubble screen on 4th and 1... come'on Guschamp.... Gus should be fired!!!!!!

5. GB: 5-24 vs JAX: 7-79 The referees didn't call the game evenly.. it wasn't even close. AROB needs to file a battery suit cause he was getting mugged the whole game.

Telvin was all over the field making plays...
Negative- Our boys never get a home field advantage. Seems maybe Jacksonville isn't capable of supporting a NFL team. What a disgusting turnout of Jags fans at that game. All the hype going in to this season and that's what shows up? Pathetic.

Positives- team played well against a NFL powerhouse.

There were some ridiculous non calls by the refs for sure, poor A-Rob was getting mauled out there, our defense was being held left and right, but the Pack had a few bad calls on them as well, so... It was a good game, loved the 4 down go for its. Our run game and pass rush need to tighten up. I think as the year progresses our pass rush will improve, they are rookies playing pros, they will learn. Lots of good stuff and we had a chance at the end of the game, a real chance. I wish they would have taken a couple of more shots in the end zone, we have Thomas and A Rob that can catch high and Walters can run slants in middle...  

Quote:Watching Denard try to pass protect is like watching Timmy Lupus try to catch a routine fly ball.

Yeldon did a better job in pass protection though. We need Ivory back so Yeldon can be the main 3rd down back.
Pass Rush

Pass Rush

Achilles heel for this team for ages. Had opportunity to help it in offseason but Dave didnt do it.
Quote:If you saw something from Fowler in the preseason that gave you hope then you should get your eyes checked.

Gator hater comment. There is always hope whenever a player starts doing what her was drafted for.
Quote:+ Positive (red)

- Negative (black)
Winner winner, chicken dinner!
Something is a tad off still.  There are positives across the board but I just don't know if we are there yet.  I think it will take time and more patience.  The Defensive side of the ball needs time to get itself together.  The new CBA and practice restrictions really hurt continuity when you are plugging in 11 new people on Defense.

Positives:

Telvin

Ramsey

Greene

Winston

Aguayo

Sanders

Janikowski

Ward

Reynolds

oh wait, nevermind, wrong forum
Quote:Something is a tad off still.  There are positives across the board but I just don't know if we are there yet.  I think it will take time and more patience.  The Defensive side of the ball needs time to get itself together.  The new CBA and practice restrictions really hurt continuity when you are plugging in 11 new people on Defense.

The 2011 CBA (now five years old) includes practice restrictions for player safety reasons. Whatever benefit having too many practices provided was less important than keeping them healthy as much as possible.
Pages: 1 2 3