Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pressed on his election falsehoods, former President Trump cuts NPR interview short
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some Republican leaders are trying to move on from former President Donald Trump's failed attempt to overturn the 2020 election that he lost.

"While there were some irregularities, there were none of the irregularities which would have risen to the point where they would have changed the vote outcome in a single state," Sen. Mike Rounds, R-S.D., said Sunday on ABC's This Week. "The election was fair, as fair as we have seen. We simply did not win the election, as Republicans, for the presidency. And if we simply look back and tell our people don't vote because there's cheating going on, then we're going to put ourselves in a huge disadvantage."

Glad a few Republican leaders are honest enough to admit it.

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/12/107220447...s-vaccines
Everyone should move on from it and be aware of what's happening moving forward.
It's decision time for the GOP and they better start making the moves for three things to happen in order to avoid an internal civil war that can undermine them come election time:

1) Begin marginalizing Trump. Glenn Youngkin won the Virginia gubernatorial race while keeping Trump at arm's distance. This is the strategy other candidates must follow. Bringing Trump into the picture instantly ratchets up the turmoil while also providing red meat for the MSM to campaign for their candidate.

2) Find the person who will be the clear front runner for the candidacy in 2024. They cannot allow Trump to overshadow the party. I find it highly doubtful that Trump will agree to not run because his ego won't allow it, so begin promoting candidates who are strong but not Trump-centric.

3) For the love of all that is holy, get over the stolen election mantra. It's over. It's done. Nothing will change. Continually banging that drum serves no purpose but to display a sore loser attitude. No candidate can benefit from that. As we can see from the current leftist legislation, they'll stop at nothing to make it as easy as possible to cheat. That's not exactly breaking news. Start the groundwork now to ensure strong oversight of the next election.
The President was right to hang up on NPR. They are just another tool of the left. The President is also right about the stolen election, we need to make sure that never happens again.
(01-13-2022, 08:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]It's decision time for the GOP and they better start making the moves for three things to happen in order to avoid an internal civil war that can undermine them come election time:

1) Begin marginalizing Trump. Glenn Youngkin won the Virginia gubernatorial race while keeping Trump at arm's distance. This is the strategy other candidates must follow. Bringing Trump into the picture instantly ratchets up the turmoil while also providing red meat for the MSM to campaign for their candidate.

2) Find the person who will be the clear front runner for the candidacy in 2024. They cannot allow Trump to overshadow the party. I find it highly doubtful that Trump will agree to not run because his ego won't allow it, so begin promoting candidates who are strong but not Trump-centric.

3) For the love of all that is holy, get over the stolen election mantra. It's over. It's done. Nothing will change. Continually banging that drum serves no purpose but to display a sore loser attitude. No candidate can benefit from that. As we can see from the current leftist legislation, they'll stop at nothing to make it as easy as possible to cheat. That's not exactly breaking news. Start the groundwork now to ensure strong oversight of the next election.

I want to vote Republican.  I agree with Republicans on policy more than I agree with Democrats.  My problem with Republicans is their lack of honesty about the 2020 election.  Most of them know they're lying about the election being stolen.  That puts me on the fence.
(01-13-2022, 09:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2022, 08:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]It's decision time for the GOP and they better start making the moves for three things to happen in order to avoid an internal civil war that can undermine them come election time:

I want to vote Republican.  I agree with Republicans on policy more than I agree with Democrats.  My problem with Republicans is their lack of honesty about the 2020 election.  Most of them know they're lying about the election being stolen.  That puts me on the fence.

Given your insistence that the events of Jan. 6th were an "insurrection", do you not see a certain irony in this statement?
(01-13-2022, 10:31 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2022, 09:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I want to vote Republican.  I agree with Republicans on policy more than I agree with Democrats.  My problem with Republicans is their lack of honesty about the 2020 election.  Most of them know they're lying about the election being stolen.  That puts me on the fence.

Given your insistence that the events of Jan. 6th were an "insurrection", do you not see a certain irony in this statement?

I guess I'm wondering what difference it makes to you.  
If we agree that they should be in jail, why does it matter, to you, what we call their crime?

What are you talking about?  The pillow guy just came out and claimed he had proof... Of 300 million people who could go to jail for voter fraud.
And what about Guliani.  He said that he knows about election fraud...and that his info came from "Facebook". 
How could you doubt these sources?

I wonder what Candice"Hitler would have been ok if he just stayed in Germany"Owens has to say on the subject.
(01-13-2022, 09:15 AM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]The President was right to hang up on NPR. They are just another tool of the left. The President is also right about the stolen election, we need to make sure that never happens again.

There was an initial shock right after Jan 6 2021, but ever since Biden actually took office, polling has consistently shown that more registered Republicans agree with Ronster than agree with Homebiscuit or Marty or me. The majority of the Republican party wants to see the Trump show again in 2024.
(01-13-2022, 11:35 AM)Norman Mushari Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2022, 09:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I want to vote Republican.  I agree with Republicans on policy more than I agree with Democrats.  My problem with Republicans is their lack of honesty about the 2020 election.  Most of them know they're lying about the election being stolen.  That puts me on the fence.

What are you talking about?  The pillow guy just came out and claimed he had proof... Of 300 million people who could go to jail for voter fraud.
And what about Guliani.  He said that he knows about election fraud...and that his info came from "Facebook". 
How could you doubt these sources?

I wonder what Candice"Hitler would have been ok if he just stayed in Germany"Owens has to say on the subject.

Speaking of the pillow guy, I just ordered some because I've always wanted to try them out. They're selling at deep discount because he's been cancelled by so many stores. He's only doubled down. In the box with the pillows are glossy leaflets for rightwing and religious internet programming. I understand the guy has deeply held beliefs but violating the basic principle of mixing business and politics has gutted his customer base. The big dummy. 

Btw, I like the pillows, but my wife doesn't.
(01-13-2022, 11:40 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2022, 09:15 AM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]The President was right to hang up on NPR. They are just another tool of the left. The President is also right about the stolen election, we need to make sure that never happens again.

There was an initial shock right after Jan 6 2021, but ever since Biden actually took office, polling has consistently shown that more registered Republicans agree with Ronster than agree with Homebiscuit or Marty or me. The majority of the Republican party wants to see the Trump show again in 2024.

Trump is too polarizing and Biden/Harris are incompetent idiots. Need new candidates for both parties in 2024.
(01-13-2022, 12:29 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2022, 11:40 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]There was an initial shock right after Jan 6 2021, but ever since Biden actually took office, polling has consistently shown that more registered Republicans agree with Ronster than agree with Homebiscuit or Marty or me. The majority of the Republican party wants to see the Trump show again in 2024.

Trump is too polarizing and Biden/Harris are incompetent idiots.  Need new candidates for both parties in 2024.
I think a lot of people feel this way. Me included.
"You guys read my mind."

[Image: 020718-hillary-clinton-lead.jpg]
I've already decided to vote for The Rock.
(01-13-2022, 12:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2022, 12:29 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Trump is too polarizing and Biden/Harris are incompetent idiots.  Need new candidates for both parties in 2024.
I think a lot of people feel this way. Me included.

To bad Trump doesn't agree.

I think the democrats agree though

I hear ya. I wish the GOP would consider a moderate Republican but I'm not sure there are many left. Larry Hogan maybe. Would be a better bet IMO.
President Trump has 51% favorability rating He is only “polarizing” to people that want Republicans to be weak. Those days are over… Trump is doing what millions of us want him to do, not take the lefts crap anymore. There is no more compromising with them, it’s time to defeat them…
(01-13-2022, 05:57 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]President Trump has 51% favorability rating He is only “polarizing” to people that want Republicans to be weak. Those days are over… Trump is doing what millions of us want him to do, not take the lefts crap anymore. There is no more compromising with them, it’s time to defeat them…
Trump went on left propaganda radio and presented himself directly to those people. He also was crazy, didn't yell, and didn't use terrible language. What dem would go on the War room?

Trump did that for a reason. NPR never had an interview with him before and he just decides to do one now? He spoke directly to the dems on their radio and they didn't have the commentators telling them what to think. He probably did it to win some of them over as they mostly agree Biden is terrible.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(01-13-2022, 11:23 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2022, 10:31 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]Given your insistence that the events of Jan. 6th were an "insurrection", do you not see a certain irony in this statement?

I guess I'm wondering what difference it makes to you.  
If we agree that they should be in jail, why does it matter, to you, what we call their crime?

I dislike intentional misrepresentation and those who propagate it.

I note that you are the one fixated on the "insurrection" label.  Are you ok with calling Biden's term the "stolen'' presidency?
(01-13-2022, 08:58 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2022, 11:23 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I'm wondering what difference it makes to you.  

I dislike intentional misrepresentation and those who propagate it.

I note that you are the one fixated on the "insurrection" label.  Are you ok with calling Biden's term the "stolen'' presidency?

I wouldn't call it that, and I would speak against anyone calling it that, but I wouldn't stop them. Say whatever you want.
Pages: 1 2