Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hope For The Future
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have just witnessed Bengals and Joe Burrow defy all odds, and defeat the chiefs to solidify there playoffs berth

This was a team that has the worst comp record 2 years ago 

They went thru a rebuild like us, and obviously did a better job at managing it ,because comparing them to us this season is like night and day.

However i believe there performance should give us hope for the future with tlaw and this team....

As long as we get rid of key personell *cough* Baalke *cough*  there is no reason we shouldnt be able to do the same in the n3xt few years.

Heres to the future Wink
Only thing is we have no higgins and we have no coach
Yeah but Khan is stupid and we still have Baalke. It's not gonna happen.
Its good to have hope
Bengals are stacked on O , we have no weapons
[Image: 3190d61d8fb6696a52c4ba146d45f534.png]
Khan is going to [BLEEP] everything up. We'll miss out on a good HC because of Baalke, and have another sub-par FA period and draft. TLaw will be ruined by the continued losing culture, lack of protection, and lack of weapons.
(01-30-2022, 10:21 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]Khan is going to [BLEEP] everything up.  We'll miss out on a good HC because of Baalke, and have another sub-par FA period and draft.  TLaw will be ruined by the continued losing culture, lack of protection, and lack of weapons.

Or we have a random year where other teams on the schedule are down and we do enough to have a playoff run, then the owner thinks we did it and keeps resting on the status quo.

We have a crap owner.
"Remember Red, hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne

"That's fine for breaking out of prison, but I own this team and I'll run it how I [BLEEP] want" - Shadid Khan
(01-30-2022, 10:29 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]"Remember Red, hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne

"That's fine for breaking out of prison, but I own this team and I'll run it how I [BLEEP] want" - Shadid Khan

Does that make Khan the warden who sentences Dufresne (Jags fans) to two months in the hole, and Baalke the guard who shot the witness to Dufresne's innocence?

Sounds about right to me.

Both of them are suppressing hope in Jaguars fans.
(01-30-2022, 11:20 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-30-2022, 10:29 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]"Remember Red, hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne

Does that make Khan the warden who sentences Dufresne (Jags fans) to two months in the hole, and Baalke the guard who shot the witness to Dufresne's innocence?

Sounds about right to me.

Both of them are suppressing hope in Jaguars fans.

Well done, and remember also that the warden was using Andy to get rich thru duplicitous means, just as fans now make Khan rich by swallowing the mirages he offers that never materialize.
(01-30-2022, 09:50 PM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Bengals are stacked on O , we have no weapons

So, let me get this clear.  Do you really think Burrow, Chase, Boyd, and Higgins are better than Lawrence, Jones Jr., Shenault, and Treadwell?  I know our WRs pretty much all run a 4.9 40 and tend to drop passes a lot and theirs run a 4.0 40 and hold on to the ball but I think our WRs have a lot of off-field talents like doing community service and visiting hospitals and such so it all pretty much evens out.
The good news is that all the punchlines from jokes about the Bengals and other long-term rancid teams of the past can be recycled for the Jaguars. "You're not in the NFL - you play for Jacksonville", "J-A-C-K-S-N-V-I-L-L-E, because there's no O in Jacksonville" etc.
(01-31-2022, 09:41 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]Hopium is a heck of a drug.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/news...79/a91.jpg

It’s what we have to hold onto around here
(01-31-2022, 10:01 AM)iapetus Wrote: [ -> ]The good news is that all the punchlines from jokes about the Bengals and other long-term rancid teams of the past can be recycled for the Jaguars. "You're not in the NFL - you play for Jacksonville", "J-A-C-K-S-N-V-I-L-L-E, because there's no O in Jacksonville" etc.

I think we'll need to add a few Ls, though.
(01-31-2022, 11:45 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2022, 10:01 AM)iapetus Wrote: [ -> ]The good news is that all the punchlines from jokes about the Bengals and other long-term rancid teams of the past can be recycled for the Jaguars. "You're not in the NFL - you play for Jacksonville", "J-A-C-K-S-N-V-I-L-L-E, because there's no O in Jacksonville" etc.

I think we'll need to add a few Ls, though.

Maybe J-A-C-K-S-O-N-V-I-L-E, cause we're, you know, vile.
Banana Banana