Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Joeckel at guard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From what I saw at the stadium Joeckel seemed to hold him own. How did he look from the broadcast? Also Beachum did extremely well for a guy who missed most of the off season.
Quote:From what I saw at the stadium Joeckel seemed to hold him own. How did he look from the broadcast? Also Beachum did extremely well for a guy who missed most of the off season.
They did well.

The holding call on Luke was garbage. Easily could have been a no call seeing how they didn't call holding on the Packers once.
Joeckel held his own for the most part. 

There was one play I distinctly remember where the DE split Beachum and Joeckel to get to Bortles.

He was not easily identified today - which is a good thing.

Quote:From what I saw at the stadium Joeckel seemed to hold him own. How did he look from the broadcast? Also Beachum did extremely well for a guy who missed most of the off season.

He did well in my opinion. That holding call was atrocious, especially since it was him that received the hands to the face.
that holding call was [BLEEP].  even the commentators on tv were like, "oh come on"

How many running yards did we get? Did not see any holes up front. Hmmmmm

Joeckel played well.

Cann struggled on the shotgun sweep that we ran 15 times.
Quote:They did well.

The holding call on Luke was garbage. Easily could have been a no call seeing how they didn't call holding on the Packers once.

Probably should have been illegal hands to the face on the defender he was blocking.
Quote:How many running yards did we get? Did not see any holes up front. Hmmmmm

it's gonna be a problem for us I think.  we haven't been tough up front for a while now.  running back can only do so much
39 yards rushing....
so many TFLs

I do like that we stuck with it though.  you have to.

Quote:Joeckel played well.

Cann struggled on the shotgun sweep that we ran 15 times.
Lets double down on it next week until we get it right. Who needs wins, I want to establish the run because I was taught that in coaching school.
Quote:Lets double down on it next week until we get it right. Who needs wins, I want to establish the run because I was taught that in coaching school.

Yeah seriously. Let's just practice shotgun sweep all week. It averaged a whopping 1.9 ypc....
Quote:so many TFLs

I do like that we stuck with it though. you have to.
We ran so many long running plays against 8 and 9 man fronts. Can't have a running play take that long to execute and be successful.
Quote:We ran so many long running plays against 8 and 9 man fronts. Can't have a running play take that long to execute and be successful.

ill let you in on a secret. these guys are not good at run blocking.  if we line up in I-form and run power plays its still going to be tough sledding cause they cant move the man in front of them.
Glaring play was on Shoelace wiffing on the blitz pickup. One good left side run today. They need to get better. At least the sack numbers were low.

BB should have pulled a couple down and took off.

But what do I know?
Quote:Glaring play was on Shoelace wiffing on the blitz pickup. One good left side run today. They need to get better. At least the sack numbers were low.

Oh my! He didn't whiff at all. He got wrekt! I mean straight wrekt!
Quote:Glaring play was on Shoelace wiffing on the blitz pickup. One good left side run today. They need to get better. At least the sack numbers were low.
That was not a whiff. He got straight mauled. Lol.
Quote:BB should have pulled a couple down and took off.

But what do I know?

i like that he saves that for late in the game when they wont expect it.  if you do it too much, they are ready for it
Pages: 1 2