Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jury to Begin Deliberating in 1st Trial Over Capitol Riot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jury to Begin Deliberating in 1st Trial Over Capitol Riot

An armed Texas militia member led a “vigilante mob” that overwhelmed police officers and became the first group of rioters to breach the U.S. Capitol last year, a federal prosecutor said Monday at the close of the first criminal trial over the riot.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/capito...fa5tTEwXcg
This may get dragged out longer than the Trump impeachment hearings. wonder if they can drag it all the way to Nov 2024?
"Vigilantes"?  I thought they were "insurrectionists".
(03-08-2022, 12:16 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]"Vigilantes"?  I thought they were "insurrectionists".

They can be more than one thing.  Just you're smug but also dense.
You're naive, but also blind.
There is zero chance they get fair juries. I think I saw the judge had to dismiss several potential jurors because they were so worked up and emotional. One of them started crying because she felt so threatened with her safety watching it on TV.

Now I would vote them guilty of trespassing depending on how the law is written in DC in a normal case. If I happened to be on the jury I would pull a leftist and say i don't feel like he deserves to go to jail for this.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
(03-08-2022, 10:29 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]You're naive, but also blind.

A man who will not see is more blind than one who cannot see.
They convicted him. The jury went out to deliberate, waited an hour so they could get a free lunch, and came back in with a conviction.
(03-09-2022, 01:33 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]They convicted him.  The jury went out to deliberate, waited an hour so they could get a free lunch, and came back in with a conviction.

Not like we don't have the lowest common denominator when it comes to every single Jury in the United States.

I don't think any of them in the last 50 years has had an IQ over three digits.
(03-09-2022, 02:44 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2022, 01:33 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]They convicted him.  The jury went out to deliberate, waited an hour so they could get a free lunch, and came back in with a conviction.

Not like we don't have the lowest common denominator when it comes to every single Jury in the United States.

I don't think any of them in the last 50 years has had an IQ over three digits.

The evidence against him was very strong, including testimony from his own son.