Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rumor $5 gas in had by Saturday?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wife got a message on Facebook they already sent out some email to gas station associates $4.99 on Saturday for unleaded? 

I don’t normally believe that stuff but damn it’s gone from 3.19 to 4.39 super fast. How high do you think we will see? 

I can handle it for a month or two but if it’s north of $5 longer than that I’m not sure what I do. My truck is multipurpose truck I’m not buying another car to go to work only but I drive 75-100 miles a day for work 5-6 days a week it’s adding up.
(03-10-2022, 07:46 AM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]Wife got a message on Facebook they already sent out some email to gas station associates $4.99 on Saturday for unleaded? 

I don’t normally believe that stuff but damn it’s gone from 3.19 to 4.39 super fast. How high do you think we will see? 

I can handle it for a month or two but if it’s north of $5 longer than that I’m not sure what I do. My truck is multipurpose truck I’m not buying another car to go to work only but I drive 75-100 miles a day for work 5-6 days a week it’s adding up.

$7 a gallon by April 15th. Then the protests start.
Well, we were warned....

Well, he only said that because he knew his policies were going to cause gas to rise to 7 bucks a gallon... did I do that right?
(03-10-2022, 09:10 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2022, 07:46 AM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]Wife got a message on Facebook they already sent out some email to gas station associates $4.99 on Saturday for unleaded? 

$7 a gallon by April 15th. Then the protests start.

For real $7 a gallon I have to consider finding a new job at $5 a gallon my gas bill to work alone went from $430 a month to $800 a month
It's to push the go green or go home agenda. They were passing laws or trying to pass a law out west or eventually nationwide that cars were to start being built with mandatory kill switches on them.

There's been a major push for quite some time now to switch the energy usage away from oil and gas. This is one of the easiest ways to do it. By the end of the year you'll start seeing major dealerships pushing electric vehicles, etc.

Gas prices are going up. Car prices have been way up. At some point, the table has to tilt downward in the consumer's favor otherwise there's no need to be in business anymore. So, it's going to have to be that way or a complete paradigm shift towards newer, "cleaner" energy.
(03-10-2022, 10:04 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]Well, we were warned....

A prophet is not without honor, except in his own country.
Truly he was too good for us, we esteemed him not!
I just topped off my tank yesterday at $4.09/gallon. It cost $60 for half a tank. I drive a 1998 Lincoln Navigator though, so it's a gas hog.
(03-10-2022, 03:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I just topped off my tank yesterday 

I try to top off my tank daily.  helps relieve the stress.
(03-10-2022, 02:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2022, 10:04 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]Well, we were warned....

A prophet is not without honor, except in his own country.

Do I have to tell you not to do that?
(03-10-2022, 05:05 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2022, 03:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I just topped off my tank yesterday 

[Image: mememe_9305b909256edf392f2e2b1d713b2ad3-1.jpg]
Had the pleasure of having to fill 2 trucks up before work along the the mowers and mix 2 cycle fuel. 168 dollars later we were ready to start the day! This was yesterday when it was 4.19.
(03-10-2022, 05:31 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]Had the pleasure of having to fill 2 trucks up before work along the the mowers and mix 2 cycle fuel.  168 dollars later we were ready to start the day!  This was yesterday when it was 4.19.

My grass is only gonna get mowed once every two weeks and I'm gonna scalp it. I don't care how it looks.
(03-10-2022, 05:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2022, 05:31 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]Had the pleasure of having to fill 2 trucks up before work along the the mowers and mix 2 cycle fuel.  168 dollars later we were ready to start the day!  This was yesterday when it was 4.19.

My grass is only gonna get mowed once every two weeks and I'm gonna scalp it. I don't care how it looks.

I’m going to keep this in mind.  We see lawns like that.  We always are like “what the heck did that guy do to his lawn!!!”   But that puts a different perspective on it.  I’ll now think twice before I judge or make fun.  But doesn’t it create more work for you/slow you down to do that?  Could be quicker/less effort/ or less gas to blow through it weekly.  Even if you have a riding mower.

you have a right to be totally pissed.  that sucks that you are taking such a big hit on a daily basis.
(03-10-2022, 05:45 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2022, 05:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]My grass is only gonna get mowed once every two weeks and I'm gonna scalp it. I don't care how it looks.

I’m going to keep this in mind.  We see lawns like that.  We always are like “what the heck did that guy do to his lawn!!!”   But that puts a different perspective on it.  I’ll now think twice before I judge or make fun.  But doesn’t it create more work for you/slow you down to do that?  Could be quicker/less effort/ or less gas to blow through it weekly.  Even if you have a riding mower.

I do use a riding lawnmower. I have like 3/4 of an acre in a fenced in back yard and it's got a pretty big slope. Also my dogs like to dig trenches when they are hunting for moles, so if I did it with a push mower, I'd break my ankles. It really doesn't create too much more work. I've got all the time in the world, but I'm very limited on money, so if it takes longer, it takes longer. I'll just have to deal with it. It's just one of those inconveniences that I'll have to live with. It's not a big deal for me. This is a "first world problem." I can cope with those.

If I was in your shoes and landscaping was my business, it would be a different story. I feel for you. You're probably gonna to take a real hit this year.
To be honest, I’m not a greedy man am not too concerned atm. I already planned a price increase for clients 3 yrs old and older. We’ve got a really good rapport with the clients. I don’t/won’t increase prices for anyone taken in the last year. And those taken on in that time or about 6 months prior were probably over priced because we couldn’t really take on the work. So the planned price increase is for clients 3-15 years old. I I’ve done three price increases over that time span. Haven’t lost once over it to date. I’m either a super cool guy to employ or a very dumb business owner. I was going to increase those that needed it in April. I’ll let things marinate a bit and do it in May. Let the prices soar and increase. That way they all are understanding. I know there are other owners that will [BLEEP] this up. Which I anticipate into more growth. I’ll be ok. My employees are taken care of. I treat them like gold. My wife and I are very fortunate. I think we’re ok. I could be wrong.

Side note: I did think about a fuel surcharge. People hate fees. My program allows me to add a surcharge, convenience fee(for online payment) you name it. Anything to nickel and dime. I’ve never used it. In the past week I’ve done research on surcharges for fuel as it pertains to the lawn maintenance business. That along with talking to fellow Lawn Care Owners (LCO’s). I will not be adding a surcharge. I can answer why I won’t but it could be another book and I also don’t want to sidetrack the OP.
(03-10-2022, 05:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2022, 02:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]A prophet is not without honor, except in his own country.

Do I have to tell you not to do that?

No  but it's more fun if you do.
(03-10-2022, 05:05 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

LOL
(03-10-2022, 07:42 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2022, 05:05 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]I try to top off my tank daily.  helps relieve the stress.

LOL

Give it a shot!   It’s liberating and exhilarating.  

Oh, he’s talking about his automobile.  Carry on.
Pages: 1 2