Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rick Scott attacked by GOPe for promoting conservatism
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rick Scott, senator from Florida and chairman of the Senate Republican reelection effort, recently put forward an 11 point plan. Reclaim America
On cue leaders of his own party, otherwise known as the RINO caucus, attacked him through media lackeys.  Read more here:  Weasel Republicans.

This has been the continual problem my entire adult lifetime.  Politicians use our values, our issues, and our terms to run for office.  But they have absolutely no intention of doing anything of substance.  The open, dirty secret is that most pols are owned by big interests.  It doesn't matter whose colors they're wearing, they are for Big Money, Big Tech, Big Pharma, Big Government, Big Corporations, Big Education, etc.  They aren't really for freedom, average Americans, the less fortunate, or whoever they claim to be representing.  They are simply cynical parasites sucking the lifeblood out of hardworking Americans while lining their own bank accounts.
(03-12-2022, 06:45 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]Rick Scott, senator from Florida and chairman of the Senate Republican reelection effort, recently put forward an 11 point plan. Reclaim America
On cue leaders of his own party, otherwise known as the RINO caucus, attacked him through media lackeys.  Read more here:  Weasel Republicans.

This has been the continual problem my entire adult lifetime.  Politicians use our values, our issues, and our terms to run for office.  But they have absolutely no intention of doing anything of substance.  The open, dirty secret is that most pols are owned by big interests.  It doesn't matter whose colors they're wearing, they are for Big Money, Big Tech, Big Pharma, Big Government, Big Corporations, Big Education, etc.  They aren't really for freedom, average Americans, the less fortunate, or whoever they claim to be representing.  They are simply cynical parasites sucking the lifeblood out of hardworking Americans while lining their own bank accounts.

Most of Rick Scott's 11 ideas are unpopular.
You might like all 11, but that would put you very much in the minority.
The majority of the Republican party voters right now feel like everything is pretty okay, but the Democrats are making things worse a little at a time. So they want to get the Democrats away from the helm, but they don't really want to steer the ship anywhere in particular once they do.
I'm actually like you, in that I wish political parties would be about ideals, and not about personalities.
Sometimes they are about ideals and goals. They certainly were in 1994. But not lately.
(03-12-2022, 07:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2022, 06:45 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]Rick Scott, senator from Florida and chairman of the Senate Republican reelection effort, recently put forward an 11 point plan. Reclaim America

The majority of the Republican party voters right now feel like everything is pretty okay, but the Democrats are making things worse a little at a time. So they want to get the Democrats away from the helm, but they don't really want to steer the ship anywhere in particular once they do.
I'm actually like you, in that I wish political parties would be about ideals, and not about personalities.
Sometimes they are about ideals and goals. They certainly were in 1994. But not lately.

Nope Republicans don't have that viewpoint. RINOs have that viewpoint and control the party, so they try and force those viewpoints on everyone. Hopefully the leadership gets sent packing and the RINOs are purged but I'll believe it when I see it. Even Scott has be guilty of doing what all the RINOs do in talking big to get elected and then voting for whatever the democrats want.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(03-12-2022, 07:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

Republicans do NOT think things are pretty ok. It remains clear that you are a fraud. Laughable.

And Rick Scott is a criminal.
So you think a majority of Republican party voters want things that the leaders they elect don't want? How can that be? I thought we had primary elections where Republican voters would make sure the Republican candidate represented their interests? I vote in those primaries. Sometimes my candidate wins and sometimes he doesn't. Do you vote in the republican primaries?
You believe in the establishment.
(03-14-2022, 07:13 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]So you think a majority of Republican party voters want things that the leaders they elect don't want?  How can that be? I thought we had primary elections where Republican voters would make sure the Republican candidate represented their interests? I vote in those primaries. Sometimes my candidate wins and sometimes he doesn't. Do you vote in the republican primaries?

Florida has closed primaries, so of course I don't vote in them. And yes, the majority of Republican voters believe quite strongly that their elected leaders want what they want. They are wrong, as we plainly see every time Republicans get control on anything in Washington. GOPe Leaders just want to keep their cushy jobs and invites to Washington cocktail parties, so they tell you what you want to hear to get your vote then go up there and act just like their Democrat friends.
(03-14-2022, 02:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2022, 07:13 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]So you think a majority of Republican party voters want things that the leaders they elect don't want?  How can that be? I thought we had primary elections where Republican voters would make sure the Republican candidate represented their interests? I vote in those primaries. Sometimes my candidate wins and sometimes he doesn't. Do you vote in the republican primaries?

Florida has closed primaries, so of course I don't vote in them. And yes, the majority of Republican voters believe quite strongly that their elected leaders want what they want. They are wrong, as we plainly see every time Republicans get control on anything in Washington. GOPe Leaders just want to keep their cushy jobs and invites to Washington cocktail parties, so they tell you what you want to hear to get your vote then go up there and act just like their Democrat friends.

I have no reason to doubt that Rick Scott wants the things he says he wants.  If there were 50 other people in the Senate like Rick Scott, those things would pass, in the Senate, at least.  The problem is the other Republicans in the Senate, including Rubio, who is actually running this year, seem to agree with McConnell, not Scott.  If Rubio thought backing up Scott's 11 point manifesto would make him popular with voters, he probably would.  Do you doubt that? Rubio has yet to put out much of a campaign platform, and that's just fine for most of the people who are going to vote to re-elect him.  If that were not the case, Rubio would probably have a primary challenger.
I think it's pretty obvious by now that elected officials will say whatever they need to get the vote. Once in office they do what they want. Rarely do they deliver on what the people voted for.
(03-14-2022, 03:55 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's pretty obvious by now that elected officials will say whatever they need to get the vote. Once in office they do what they want. Rarely do they deliver on what the people voted for.

You're right that they usually say they'll do all sorts of stuff that they never actually do.  
But that's changing, I think.  
From 2015 to 2021 Republicans controlled the Senate and passed basically nothing but a tax cut.
And that tax cut remains in place.
So now when all of them except Rick Scott say they're running on doing nothing, I believe them.

/Side note: of course they're not actually doing nothing, the Senate has a role in appointments and oversight and budgeting and many other things besides changing the laws. But when people talk about legislators working, they usually mean legislation, the one thing that doesn't really get done anymore.
They say what they need to the people to get the votes, then do what they need to do for corporations to get the money, so they can say what they need to the people to get the votes. Rinse and repeat.