Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Once again, Congress enriches itsself with our tax dollars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congress Gives Itself Double-Digit Raise

Amid economic turmoil for the American people, their representatives in Washington gave their offices a double-digit raise this month even as the average American worker finds their real wages decreasing due to inflation that outpaces wages at new.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbro...oclkOGB22s
Who deserves it more than them?
(03-15-2022, 10:10 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Congress Gives Itself Double-Digit Raise

Amid economic turmoil for the American people, their representatives in Washington gave their offices a double-digit raise this month even as the average American worker finds their real wages decreasing due to inflation that outpaces wages at new.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbro...oclkOGB22s

How else do you expect them to manage with the inflation they created?
Everyone at my husband's workplace only got a 1.8% raise last year due to some sort of restructuring. Inflation has gone up 7%. Their next raise isn't until later in the year around fall and it's not going to be anywhere near 7.5% to make up for inflation. So those politicians can go to hell.
(03-17-2022, 12:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone at my husband's workplace only got a 1.8% raise last year due to some sort of restructuring. Inflation has gone up 7%. Their next raise isn't until later in the year around fall and it's not going to be anywhere near 7.5% to make up for inflation. So those politicians can go to hell.

You do realize that a senator's salary hasn't increased since 2009 right?  And it still hasn't increased.

All that has increased is the allowances that is used to pay for for things like travel and work related expenses.
(03-17-2022, 04:00 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2022, 12:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone at my husband's workplace only got a 1.8% raise last year due to some sort of restructuring. Inflation has gone up 7%. Their next raise isn't until later in the year around fall and it's not going to be anywhere near 7.5% to make up for inflation. So those politicians can go to hell.

You do realize that a senator's salary hasn't increased since 2009 right?  And it still hasn't increased.

All that has increased is the allowances that is used to pay for for things like travel and work related expenses.

They all make over six figures.

You realize they all have other jobs, right? They're making millions being piece of [BLEEP] politicians and you're all on board with them doing that.

They don't EARN the money, btw.. they MAKE the money. An important distinction.

Honestly I'm all on board with a French Revolution style anarchy. Let's guillotine all the senators and congressman. Let's just [BLEEP] do it!
(03-17-2022, 04:09 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2022, 04:00 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]You do realize that a senator's salary hasn't increased since 2009 right?  And it still hasn't increased.

They all make over six figures.

You realize they all have other jobs, right? They're making millions being piece of [BLEEP] politicians and you're all on board with them doing that.

They don't EARN the money, btw.. they MAKE the money. An important distinction.

Honestly I'm all on board with a French Revolution style anarchy. Let's guillotine all the senators and congressman. Let's just [BLEEP] do it!

If it's so easy, why aren't you doing it?
(03-17-2022, 04:00 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]

Those people are not hurting for money. Not even a little bit. I feel nothing but disdain for the lot of them.
(03-17-2022, 10:21 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2022, 04:00 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]You do realize that a senator's salary hasn't increased since 2009 right?  And it still hasn't increased.

Those people are not hurting for money. Not even a little bit. I feel nothing but disdain for the lot of them.

If you think their job is so easy, then you try and do it.

Senators work long hours, both in Parliament and in their states or territories. Parliament meets for an average of 11 hours a day. However, senators may begin their day in Parliament House at about 7am and end their day at 10pm or later. Senators also spend many hours travelling, both between their state or territory and Parliament House and throughout their state or territory.
There's a sucker born every minute.
(03-18-2022, 05:39 AM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2022, 10:21 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Those people are not hurting for money. Not even a little bit. I feel nothing but disdain for the lot of them.

Senators work long hours, both in Parliament and in their states or territories. Parliament meets for an average of 11 hours a day. However, senators may begin their day in Parliament House at about 7am and end their day at 10pm or later. Senators also spend many hours travelling, both between their state or territory and Parliament House and throughout their state or territory.

[BLEEP] country are you talking about?

We are talking about the only country in the world that actually matters outside of Germany.

The United States.

Our senators and congresspeople consistently don't do their jobs. Not one of them reads bills - they hire interns to give them a synopsis and then still don't vote half the time.

They are the very meaning of the word incompetent.
(03-17-2022, 10:21 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Those people are not hurting for money. Not even a little bit. I feel nothing but disdain for the lot of them.

"Work"...bwahahahaaaaaaaa
The members of Congress do very little work besides campaigning and fundraising.
The people who are getting this pay raise / budget increase are the ones who do the actual work of reading bills and handling constituent problems.

I don't give a rats rear end how hard they work. My husband is gone 14 hours a day. My SIL works 12 hours a shift in a hospital pharmacy. Her cousin is an ICU nurse and you can only imagine her workload. There are many MANY people who work their [BLEEP] off in their chosen profession who do more for the people of this country than these fools in Washington will ever do. And none of them get to give themselves the raises they actually deserve.
First, kill all the lawyers.
(03-19-2022, 09:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]First, kill all the lawyers.

Except Bullseye. We need him.
(03-19-2022, 09:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2022, 09:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]First, kill all the lawyers.

Except Bullseye. We need him.

Exception granted.

They’re literally groomed for the position.

(03-18-2022, 07:17 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]There's a sucker born every minute.

Captivating was born a long time ago.

(03-19-2022, 09:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]First, kill all the lobbyists.

Fixed. You had the L right though.