Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: California City Considers Declaring Chick-fil-A a 'Public Nuisance'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
California City Considers Declaring Chick-fil-A a 'Public Nuisance' Because It's Too Popular

A California city is considering closing off the drive-thru at a Chick-fil-A restaurant because it is too popular.

The City of Santa Barbara’s city council is being asked to start the process that would declare the operation of a drive-thru to be a public nuisance, allowing city officials to shut it down, according to KTLA-TV.

https://ijr.com/california-city-declarin...manualpost
The one here is a nuisance. So are the several Starbucks drive-thrus we have. There have been vehicle accidents because of one Starbucks location has a drive-thru that backs people up onto a main four lane road.
(03-17-2022, 10:19 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]The one here is a nuisance. So are the several Starbucks drive-thrus we have. There have been vehicle accidents because of one Starbucks location has a drive-thru that backs people up onto a main four lane road.

Same thing with the Dunkin Donuts on Roosevelt Blvd.  I don't know if there have been any accidents, but the drive through line does block traffic on Roosevelt Blvd.
It's not the establishment's fault that they're so successful.

It's the city for not giving them more space.
I would tell the other competitors to step their game up then. It's all about service and quality. Chick Fil A NEVER disappoints me. NEVER. I could be at the one on Philips Highway right across the street from my job or at the location over on Atlantic next to Queens Harbor. I always get great service, fast service, friendly service and they just do it right.

Don't care for Starbucks though. I'll tell you another thing. Wawa? I love them too. Quality services, good little options to order food and smoothie wise. They're solid. I have personally stopped going to places that have [BLEEP] service. Low energy employees that act like they're knocking on death's door when they take your order. It's aggravating. I work in customer service for a living. I manage a team in a transportation industry. I GET IT.

It [BLEEP] sucks sometimes. However, you have to put on a show and a face for your customer. I will not go back to Taco Bell on Atlantic going towards the Beach nor the Panda Express over here on the corner of Kernan because of that type of [BLEEP]. Sometimes the working environment is intense. It's demanding. Fast food is different though IMHO. The only place I'll tolerate that from is an actual restaurant where it takes time to make the food accordingly.

For example. Epik Burger. Over on Atlantic near Girvin? The service isn't always bumper stickers and rainbows when you walk in there. It's not all smiles and high fives. And I can respect that. Because they have good food and they have a bustling staff back there virtually every time I pop in for a unique burger. Doesn't bother me one bit.

But at a [BLEEP] drive thru? Where your [BLEEP] is basically sitting under a heat lamp half the time? Get the hell out of here with your [BLEEP] energy and attitude.
(03-18-2022, 09:34 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I would tell the other competitors to step their game up then. It's all about service and quality. Chick Fil A NEVER disappoints me. NEVER. I could be at the one on Philips Highway right across the street from my job or at the location over on Atlantic next to Queens Harbor. I always get great service, fast service, friendly service and they just do it right.

Don't care for Starbucks though. I'll tell you another thing. Wawa? I love them too. Quality services, good little options to order food and smoothie wise. They're solid. I have personally stopped going to places that have [BLEEP] service. Low energy employees that act like they're knocking on death's door when they take your order. It's aggravating. I work in customer service for a living. I manage a team in a transportation industry. I GET IT.

It [BLEEP] sucks sometimes. However, you have to put on a show and a face for your customer. I will not go back to Taco Bell on Atlantic going towards the Beach nor the Panda Express over here on the corner of Kernan because of that type of [BLEEP]. Sometimes the working environment is intense. It's demanding. Fast food is different though IMHO. The only place I'll tolerate that from is an actual restaurant where it takes time to make the food accordingly.

For example. Epik Burger. Over on Atlantic near Girvin? The service isn't always bumper stickers and rainbows when you walk in there. It's not all smiles and high fives. And I can respect that. Because they have good food and they have a bustling staff back there virtually every time I pop in for a unique burger. Doesn't bother me one bit.

But at a [BLEEP] drive thru? Where your [BLEEP] is basically sitting under a heat lamp half the time? Get the hell out of here with your [BLEEP] energy and attitude.

I always had good experiences at the TB on Atlantic. A quick story of what irritates me though. My son (7 yr old) is a picky eater but likes TB burritos as long as they are just meat and cheese. We head over there about once a week and he'll eat a couple of those and it's probably the biggest meal he eats all week. A month ago we're rolling through the drive through at the 3rd Street location in South Jax Beach and I order "2 beef burritos, only meat and cheese" like I do every week. The reply? "We don't have those anymore, they took it off the menu." Direct quote. Exactly what they said. Understand this...a taco bell...where roughly half of the menu items contain beef, half use tortillas, and almost all of them use cheese...told me that they don't have a beef burrito with only cheese. Guy told me they could sell me a Burrito Supreme and take everything off of it for $4.79 (the old way they were $2.19) so I just bought soft shell tacos instead. That is the kind of customer service stuff I just can't tolerate. I went to the Atlantic location, ordered and got the same response, so it's a corporate thing; but the woman working the window there suggested the tacos instead of the Supreme, so at least she was looking out for the customer.
(03-18-2022, 10:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2022, 09:34 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I would tell the other competitors to step their game up then. It's all about service and quality. Chick Fil A NEVER disappoints me. NEVER. I could be at the one on Philips Highway right across the street from my job or at the location over on Atlantic next to Queens Harbor. I always get great service, fast service, friendly service and they just do it right.

I always had good experiences at the TB on Atlantic. A quick story of what irritates me though. My son (7 yr old) is a picky eater but likes TB burritos as long as they are just meat and cheese. We head over there about once a week and he'll eat a couple of those and it's probably the biggest meal he eats all week. A month ago we're rolling through the drive through at the 3rd Street location in South Jax Beach and I order "2 beef burritos, only meat and cheese" like I do every week. The reply? "We don't have those anymore, they took it off the menu." Direct quote. Exactly what they said. Understand this...a taco bell...where roughly half of the menu items contain beef, half use tortillas, and almost all of them use cheese...told me that they don't have a beef burrito with only cheese. Guy told me they could sell me a Burrito Supreme and take everything off of it for $4.79 (the old way they were $2.19) so I just bought soft shell tacos instead. That is the kind of customer service stuff I just can't tolerate. I went to the Atlantic location, ordered and got the same response, so it's a corporate thing; but the woman working the window there suggested the tacos instead of the Supreme, so at least she was looking out for the customer.

Yeah. Sounds about right. I live on Kernan towards the older side near Ft. Caroline. We'll go to Beach instead if we need a Taco Bell fix. It's hilarious though. It's roughly the same [BLEEP] back there in supply and they just fold it one way or cook it a little different like you said. I think what turned us off from the Atlantic location was about a year ago. My wife grabbed us dinner on the way home. She didn't get her debit card back. So, we call the store, we tell them we needed it, for obvious reasons. 

Well, when we got up there we went through the drive thru and my wife noticed the girl who had ringed her up at the drive thru. There was another girl not in a uniform pulling her debit card out of her pocket sleeve on her shirt and handing it to the employee that had just ringed her out. Wife rolls down the window. They recognized each other. She handed her the debit card and said "Sorry about that" and bolted back inside to work.

Looked, felt and seemed entirely off. How and why did that all happen within a 30 minute time span? Didn't go back after that. We also never seemed to get the right order from them from time to time. 

On another note. We started hitting up some of these smaller places we had not been to yet. There's this BBQ place called Sugarfire. Right next to Moes on Atlantic towards Lowes. Man, pretty damn good. I ended up getting a brisket cheesesteak style sandwich with some fries? Pretty good for a random Sunday with them closing up in an hour or two. Was pleasantly surprised.
Everything in California was built in the 1960s and it was built too small.
I haven’t eaten at Taco Bell in several years. I had noticed their low quality standards were getting even lower. I drew the line when my last burrito supreme was made with each ingredient placed in the tortilla in individual sections from front to back. Goodbye.
(03-18-2022, 05:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2022, 10:19 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]The one here is a nuisance. So are the several Starbucks drive-thrus we have. There have been vehicle accidents because of one Starbucks location has a drive-thru that backs people up onto a main four lane road.

Same thing with the Dunkin Donuts on Roosevelt Blvd.  I don't know if there have been any accidents, but the drive through line does block traffic on Roosevelt Blvd.

Same with the Dunkin on CR 210.  But then they opened another one off 210 maybe a mile away.  The Starbucks inbetween has slowed down considerably.  I thought I was in a latte area.  But luckily smarter people have prevailed.

And Chic-fil-A rocks.
(03-18-2022, 06:37 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I haven’t eaten at Taco Bell in several years. I had noticed their low quality standards were getting even lower. I drew the line when my last burrito supreme was made with each ingredient placed in the tortilla in individual sections from front to back. Goodbye.
It's getting worse at most fast food places and taco bell was already slow and understaffed. Now they can't get people to work, add in gas costs and they don't want to drive to work. Some places are trying to use 2-3 people and most of them weren't fast to begin with.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(03-19-2022, 03:28 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2022, 06:37 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I haven’t eaten at Taco Bell in several years. I had noticed their low quality standards were getting even lower. I drew the line when my last burrito supreme was made with each ingredient placed in the tortilla in individual sections from front to back. Goodbye.
It's getting worse at most fast food places and taco bell was already slow and understaffed. Now they can't get people to work, add in gas costs and they don't want to drive to work. Some places are trying to use 2-3 people and most of them weren't fast to begin with.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Sad but true.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk