Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What do the current WR look like since Kirk and Zay Jones signings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Wouldnt it be smthn like:

Christian Kirk (career year in 2021 and especially with a 84 million deal)
Marvin Jones (good veteran number 2 WR)
Zay Jones (never utilized to full but has goos potential)
Laviska Shenault (rookie year was decent but fell off since)
Jamal Agnew (great returner also good receiver as well)
Thread fail
Sure.
Seems about right. I’m sure we will draft at least one receiver, and there is a decent chance viska is traded and treadwell sticks instead.
Also got treadwell and agnew
Shenault was just so bad last season with the drops. Some want to see him get another chance. I don't know about that. Those drops were drive killers. How many more dropped third down passes can this team endure? I also think the jags should draft 2 wrs as long as they are good enough to make the team.
I would like to see them keep Agnew more as Mr. Return guy. They had to use him too much last year and we broke him.
(03-22-2022, 09:17 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to see them keep Agnew more as Mr. Return guy.  They had to use him too much last year and we broke him.

Definitely broke him. He is a nice weapon to use once in a while. Yes super explosive.
The current group of WRs is almost meaningless at this point. I could see 2-3 of these guys gone from the roster by opening day.
It's a decent group. We need a #1 unless Kirk is stronger and more explosive than I think.

Marvin is a decent #3-4 guy. Agnew is a good explosive #4. Zay can be anywhere from 1-3. Shenault is a good 2 and excellent 3.

They only need draft or trade for a 1 and the receiver group is good. It's good without a true 1 depending upon the offense run. If I remember the Philly offense, they had big, slow, Alshon as the 1 and their offense ran just fine. They had two good TEs they used and good well spaced plays.

Problem with (one of) last years offense was play design. Some guys have it, and some don't. Bless Bevell but that's always been a knock on him. His play design. The spacing. The timing.
(03-22-2022, 09:07 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]Shenault was just so bad last season with the drops. Some want to see him get another chance. I don't know about that. Those drops were drive killers. How many more dropped third down passes can this team endure? I also think the jags should draft 2 wrs as long as they are good enough to make the team.

You must have forgotten about his rookie season? His hands were just fine and he showed a lot of promise going into year 2. The problem is Khan hired Urban Meyer and he literally set every single player on the roster backwards.

Wanting to get rid of guys after their 2nd season in the league is part of the reason why this team is void of talent. Especially when this team had to deal with the worst HC in NFL history and the most toxic environment the league has likely ever seen in only a few months worth of time.

(03-22-2022, 09:17 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to see them keep Agnew more as Mr. Return guy.  They had to use him too much last year and we broke him.

They did not break him because of the use on Offense. He got hurt on an incredibly awkward tackle. Had nothing to do with too much wear and tear. It was really just a freak injury on a bad luck tackle. Nobody is really at fault, just a crappy situation, much like Chark's injury.

Here's Agnew's injury below.

(03-22-2022, 10:58 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-22-2022, 09:07 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]Shenault was just so bad last season with the drops. Some want to see him get another chance. I don't know about that. Those drops were drive killers. How many more dropped third down passes can this team endure? I also think the jags should draft 2 wrs as long as they are good enough to make the team.

You must have forgotten about his rookie season? His hands were just fine and he showed a lot of promise going into year 2. The problem is Khan hired Urban Meyer and he literally set every single player on the roster backwards.

Wanting to get rid of guys after their 2nd season in the league is part of the reason why this team is void of talent. Especially when this team had to deal with the worst HC in NFL history and the most toxic environment the league has likely ever seen in only a few months worth of time.

They did not break him because of the use on Offense. He got hurt on an incredibly awkward tackle. Had nothing to do with too much wear and tear. It was really just a freak injury on a bad luck tackle. Nobody is really at fault, just a crappy situation, much like Chark's injury.

Here's Agnew's injury below.

Ding ding ding!
Draft pick
MJJ
Kirk
LS10
Treadwell
Agnew
(03-22-2022, 11:30 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Draft pick
MJJ
Kirk
LS10
Treadwell
Agnew

You really think they signed Zay Jones at $8m per just to cut him after like 4 months? They'd have to eat $14m in dead cap if they did that.
(03-22-2022, 11:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
MJJ
Kirk
LS10
Treadwell
Agnew

You really think they signed Zay Jones at $8m per just to cut him after like 4 months? They'd have to eat $14m in dead cap if they did that.

Hopefully he just forgot to put zay in there. This guy is going to be a special positive. I think if the jags hit on 1 or 2 wrs, ls10 gets lost in the mix, but if he can catch the ball this season, that would be great for him to make a nice comeback without the coach "destroying his hands"
It seems coach myer robbed leviska of his ability to catch last season. It was a coache's magical power my guess.
MJJ
Kirk
LS10
Treadwell
Agnew

I haven't seen anything of Jones to make me think he's all that good. Have you? The economics I get, but the productivity makes me think  "healthy scratch."
MJJ
Kirk
LS10
Treadwell
Agnew

Zay Jones has $14m guaranteed in his contract, for 2022 and 2023.  He'll be in the WR corps for 2022, at minimum.

I let him compete throughout the summer, but I have him penciled in as a cut candidate already. Maybe Doug 2.0 figures out how to use him in new ways or the jitters and drops are in the past, but I don't bank on him as part of the future until he proves me (well, the coaches) wrong.

to a point, yes, but I'd rather not sub in slower, less dynamic receivers just so we can say we have a fresh-legged returner to call for a fair catch after the next defensive possession.

He is a weapon, we need to use him. Maybe not every down, but look at someone like C. Patterson in ATL - on the field for about half the offensive snaps, always giving the D something to watch out of the corner of their eye. Burn them with a few plays, and the next series, the fake of that same play buys you and extra second or gains your receiver an extra step on the safety.
MJJ
Kirk
LS10
Treadwell
Agnew

@stash him on IR@

seriously, looking at that list, if something's got to give, it looks like MJJ or Treadwell may be duking it out to avoid the Turk. Like you said, the team probably doesn't want to kick Shenault to the curb this early, unless he's showing more of the drops and inconsistency that haunted him last season.

I referenced IR in jest, but I certainly do believe that if one of the WR gets a bruise on their thumb we may seem them head to IR as a temporary relief.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7