Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The disconnect between Us and Them
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The conversation between Charlemagne and Buttigieg clearly shows the disconnect between politicians and people. In this case it's a progressive politician and a black democrat. 

Link

"You do realize Pete, a lot of black people feel like Democrats have kept no promises since they’ve been in office,” Charlamagne told Buttigieg during Friday’s edition of the hit radio show.

“Really?” responded the former South Bend, Ind. mayor, raising his eyebrows in disbelief.

"Look I get it, because the work is not done,” Buttigieg said. “But the reason I say ‘Really?’ is we just passed one of the biggest pieces of infrastructure legislation in American history. It was a promise — and it wasn’t just a promise that the Biden-Harris administration made or that Democrats made in 2020 — this is a promise that every president and Congress has made in some way, shape, or form since I’ve been an adult. We actually did it.”

"But those are big, broad things,” Charlamagne pushed back. “And that’s great but I’m talking about things you campaigned on, like the George Floyd Policing Act.”

The typical democrat doesn't care much about progressive ideas. The black democrat cares even less. Buttigieg being surprised shows how out of touch with the people he and his progressive buddies are and it should show democrats the same.
He's so boring.
Pete's role as Secretary of Transportation has nothing to do with police reform. Charlemagne was baiting him to say that other members of the administration have been disappointments, in their roles. And they have.
Pete's been a disappointment too, on some levels. But Pete's too loyal to admit that to anyone.
But Charlamagne wasn't wrong. They didn't vote for infrastructure they voted for other things that were 'promised' to them during the "campaign" and not much has happened.
[Image: Whatswrong.jpg]
Can I get a clarification? Who is "us" and who is "them?" Which one am I? Am I an "us," a "them," or neither?
(04-11-2022, 12:00 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Can I get a clarification?  Who is "us" and who is "them?"  Which one am I?  Am I an "us," a "them," or neither?

You're neither a Progressive nor a Black Democrat, so I'd say "neither."
(04-11-2022, 12:00 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Can I get a clarification?  Who is "us" and who is "them?"  Which one am I?  Am I an "us," a "them," or neither?

"Us" is those who realize what a train wreck the Biden administration is.  "Them" are those who are too blind to see it, or too stubborn to admit it.

Let me clarify.

Us is you and me... ya know, real, actual people.

Them are politicians that need to be guillotined.  All of them. All. of. them. ALL.

You should be an us but you're a them.
So, which one am I? I have one vote for "us," one vote for "them," and one vote for "neither."
Where’s the “y’all”?
Y’all wild hahahaha

(04-11-2022, 03:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Where’s the “y’all”?
Whoa! That’s freaky!
Charlamagne, LOL. Has he been called out for cultural appropriation yet?
(04-11-2022, 01:43 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]

Let me clarify.

Them are politicians that need to be guillotined.  All of them. All. of. them. ALL.

Maybe you should switch your meds?
OMG, more pronouns to remember??

I’ll tell you what, you watch your wife and kids and yourselves (maybe the family pet too, idk??) around all the us he’s and them shes.  Whatever they are, it can’t be good.  Duck and cover.
(04-11-2022, 06:56 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]OMG, more pronouns to remember??

I’ll tell you what, you watch your wife and kids and yourselves (maybe the family pet too, idk??) around all the us he’s and them shes.  Whatever they are, it can’t be good.  Duck and cover.
That’s such a “they’mreen” thing to post.

Classic.
(04-11-2022, 07:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-11-2022, 06:56 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]OMG, more pronouns to remember??

That’s such a “they’mreen” thing to post.

Classic.

“I am not a pronoun”. I’m going to TM that and make some shirts up.  I’ll charge cost plus 1.29 (sometimes.99) to make up for the money I spent on songs you posters brought up in another thread.

Or is “I’m not a pronoun” better and more lucrative?  Still trying to use a pronoun, and go with the incorrect grammar thought as well as the PC thing.  Either way, I’m gonna be rich by this time tomorrow night.
(04-11-2022, 01:43 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]

Let me clarify.

Exactly
(04-11-2022, 09:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-11-2022, 01:43 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]Let me clarify.

Exactly

Am I missing a joke? Or do you need to adjust your meds too?
Should I notify the Secret Service?
Pages: 1 2 3 4