Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Shad Khan donates $1M to Trump Inauguration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thrilled to see this
Meant to post this in Political. Please move mods...
Thanks!
I assume in a way it's apolitical. Probably would have donated either way.

Quote:This man gets it. Love our owner.

Quote:In February, Khan, the NFL’s only Muslim owner, publicly opposed Trump’s ban on travel from six predominantly Muslim countries.

Yes, he does get it.

Quote:Yes, he does get it.

I'm pretty sure he agreed with the premise of it. He just isn't dumb enough to say so publicly. I know it is probably a tough pill to swallow that the owner of your favorite team is a avid Trump supporter, but there is obviously a reason for it.
Quote:I'm pretty sure he agreed with the premise of it. He just isn't dumb enough to say so publicly. I know it is probably a tough pill to swallow that the owner of your favorite team is a avid Trump supporter, but there is obviously a reason for it.

Yeah, like it's obviously a bitter pill for you to swallow that while Khan supported Trump's inauguration, he disagrees with one of his policies. Otherwise, he is a liar, which would be unfortunate but it would explain why Trump would appeal to him. But unlike you, I think Khan is an honest man who has more to lose by lying than telling the truth.

If Khan is a Trump supporter, it should not come as much of a surprise. Trump's stated (we never know if he means what he says) policies would favor billionaires. If so, it wouldn't bother me. I'm not so petty that I care about his politics. I just want him to put a better product on the field.

Shad supported a Dem in JAX mayoral election. ( Brown I think it was )He greases whose palm that may serve him better. It's politics. Politicians are bought. With strings attached of course.
Quote:Shad supported a Dem in JAX mayoral election. ( Brown I think it was )He greases whose palm that may serve him better. It's politics. Politicians are bought. With strings attached of course.

Any mayor of Jacksonville will bend over backwards for Khan, so it doesn't matter which candidate he supported to be honest. The fact that he supported and supports Trump in the highest office in the world speaks volumes.
Quote:Any mayor of Jacksonville will bend over backwards for Khan, so it doesn't matter which candidate he supported to be honest. The fact that he supported and supports Trump in the highest office in the world speaks volumes.

As does his public disapproval of one of Trump's signature policies.
Quote:Any mayor of Jacksonville will bend over backwards for Khan, so it doesn't matter which candidate he supported to be honest. The fact that he supported and supports Trump in the highest office in the world speaks volumes.

Then why come out and endorse an individual,one, and donate? Speaks volumes if any mayor would bend over for him.
Quote:As does his public disapproval of one of Trump's signature policies.

So in order to support somebody you need to support 100% of their policies?
Quote:So in order to support somebody you need to support 100% of their policies?

No, which was my point. Stroud seems to think it's so unlikely the only explanation is that Khan is lying.
Quote:http://jacksonville.com/news/national/20...imes-Union

This man gets it. Love our owner.

So, Shad followed up his 4 year investment in Gus Bradley with a 4-year investment in Trump.

At least he's consistent.
Quote:http://jacksonville.com/news/national/20...imes-Union

This man gets it. Love our owner.

Wonder if Khan can get that $1m back and fix our SQL Server issue.