Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Washington Middle School Wins $2,000 Award for Setting Up Drag Show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I'm happy that this was set up by the students themselves, I just hope they did it without any outside pressure from any administrater or influence from an outside group with an agenda. As I said in another thread that dealt with this topic, It's OK to explore various life styles so you can best decide where you fit in and what you want out of life. And remember, It's OK to live a life that no one else understands............

Washington Middle School Wins $2,000 Award for Setting Up Drag Show

A Washington state school district is rewarding middle school students $2,000 for setting up a drag show for students.

Bellingham Public Schools (BPS) announced Whatcom Middle School's Gender Sexuality Alliance Club (GSA) as the winner of its Think BIG competition in pitching a student drag show for middle school kids (ages 10-14), 770 AM-Washington reported.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/washin...XJPIb1b2Ak
The name of the club tells you that this isn't on the up and up and shouldn't have the school's blessing.
GSA used to stand for Gay-Straight Alliance. 20 years ago there was a GSA club in most colleges and universities but not in Florida high schools. They used to not have access to people under 18, now they do.
20 years ago we had the powderpuff game where girls would play football and boys would dress as cheerleaders. We also a beauty pageant for the senior year girls and, to make it fair, a comedic drag pageant for the senior year boys. All of this was done in a context of having fun, no one was constructing any new permanent identity or changing pronouns. I wonder if they still have these events now. A student with a penis who dresses as a girl every day might find such things offensive, rather than supportive.
It's called conditioning. You were exposed to it then and you're entrenched in it now. I am glad you can contrast this against your experience at least, and see it's not going in the right direction.