Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A GREAT Idea out of Tennessee, SOmething that should have been done long ago....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tennessee Passes Bill Making Drunk Drivers Pay Child Support If They Kill A Parent Of A Minor

The Tennessee Senate passed a bill on Wednesday that would require intoxicated drivers convicted of vehicular homicide to pay child support if the victim of the offense was the parent of a minor child.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/tennessee...zfOaTNDlDY
I don't know how they do it in Tennessee, but in Florida people that kill people in drunk driving crashes go to jail for a long time, they don't get to keep working to make money for child support. I wonder what Tennessee is planning to make that "plan" work.
(04-22-2022, 01:22 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how they do it in Tennessee, but in Florida people that kill people in drunk driving crashes go to jail for a long time, they don't get to keep working to make money for child support. I wonder what Tennessee is planning to make that "plan" work.

Yeah, not an idea that is exactly self-fulfilling. Like debtors prison.
(04-22-2022, 02:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2022, 01:22 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how they do it in Tennessee, but in Florida people that kill people in drunk driving crashes go to jail for a long time, they don't get to keep working to make money for child support. I wonder what Tennessee is planning to make that "plan" work.

Yeah, not an idea that is exactly self-fulfilling. Like debtors prison.

Too bad we don't also include taxes in that debtors prison.

Canada you can't go to jail for either.
Texting and driving is just as dangerous