Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Person set themselves on fire outside Supreme Court Building
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Person set themselves on fire outside Supreme Court Building, officials say

Person set themselves on fire outside Supreme Court Building, officials say (msn.com)
That sucks. Dude felt like no one was listening to him. (or her?). I hope they live!
But can you imagine having a job that is so complicated, so impactful, that people would set themselves on fire just to be... associated with you? heard by you? Whatever it was.
(04-22-2022, 09:41 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]That sucks.  Dude felt like no one was listening to him. (or her?).  I hope they live!
But can you imagine having a job that is so complicated, so impactful, that people would set themselves on fire just to be... associated with you? heard by you? Whatever it was.

So is L2L right? Or are you just trolling?  First glance, I assume they have a mental illness.  Story even says they’re liking further into it.  But you already sympathize with this person not even knowing why they did it.
(04-22-2022, 09:53 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2022, 09:41 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]That sucks.  Dude felt like no one was listening to him. (or her?).  I hope they live!

So is L2L right? Or are you just trolling?  First glance, I assume they have a mental illness.  Story even says they’re liking further into it.  But you already sympathize with this person not even knowing why they did it.

I'm expressing sympathy for the people who work at the court, especially the judges.  I assume they were the target audience for the demonstration.
Colorado man who tried to set himself on fire at Supreme Court is dead
The 50-year-old reportedly died from his injuries

https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-man-...-fire-dead
You know what they say... build a man a fire and he's warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
As it ends up, it was a deranged Climate Activist...........

Climate Activist Dies After Lighting Himself Ablaze On Supreme Court Steps

A Colorado man has died 24 hours after lighting himself on fire in front of the United States Supreme Court on Earth Day as part of what appears to be a religious protest against the use of fossil fuels and in order to bring attention to climate change.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/climate-a...Q67S8-nl5o
(04-22-2022, 10:09 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2022, 09:53 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]So is L2L right? Or are you just trolling?  First glance, I assume they have a mental illness.  Story even says they’re liking further into it.  But you already sympathize with this person not even knowing why they did it.

I'm expressing sympathy for the people who work at the court, especially the judges.  I assume they were the target audience for the demonstration.
So you didn’t read the story?

(04-22-2022, 09:41 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]That sucks.  Dude felt like no one was listening to him. (or her?). He traveled from Co to DC to make a point.   I hope they live!  He didn’t. 
But can you imagine having a job that is so complicated, so impactful, that people would set themselves on fire just to be... associated with you? No, I’d assume they had a mental illness or were a democrat.  I’m not sure the difference these days.   heard by you? Whatever it was. Read the story before commenting.  

Now that we know more, here is why I was questioning your initial remarks.  I think L2L is right.  You’re just naive.  No offense intended.
(04-24-2022, 05:38 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]As it ends up, it was a deranged Climate Activist...........

A Colorado man has died 24 hours after lighting himself on fire in front of the United States Supreme Court on Earth Day as part of what appears to be a religious protest against the use of fossil fuels and in order to bring attention to climate change.

You gotta think that fire isn’t all that good for the environment…
I wonder if he considered setting himself on wind.
(04-24-2022, 09:21 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2022, 05:38 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]As it ends up, it was a deranged Climate Activist...........

You went and said it, haha. I was also going to ask if they used fossil fuel to start the fire.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
(04-24-2022, 09:21 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]

He became what he despised, he looked into the fossil fuels but the fossil fuels were also looking into him.
(04-24-2022, 09:26 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if he considered setting himself on wind.

Lmbo, that’s golden.   

Let’s see what Mike thinks!
(04-24-2022, 06:41 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2022, 10:09 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I'm expressing sympathy for the people who work at the court, especially the judges.  I assume they were the target audience for the demonstration.
So you didn’t read the story?

(04-22-2022, 09:41 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]That sucks.  Dude felt like no one was listening to him. (or her?). He traveled from Co to DC to make a point.   I hope they live!  He didn’t. 
But can you imagine having a job that is so complicated, so impactful, that people would set themselves on fire just to be... associated with you? No, I’d assume they had a mental illness or were a democrat.  I’m not sure the difference these days.   heard by you? Whatever it was. Read the story before commenting.  

Now that we know more, here is why I was questioning your initial remarks.  I think L2L is right.  You’re just naive.  No offense intended.

Those details were added to the story after I commented.  Thanks for the tip though!
What are we disagreeing about again?

(04-24-2022, 09:37 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2022, 09:26 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if he considered setting himself on wind.

Lmbo, that’s golden.   

Let’s see what Mike thinks!

Wind is just not that intense at ground level.
A solar mirror array could certainly kill someone, but think about how much space that would take up!
That's one of the issues holding renewables back in general.  The energy per volume and energy per weight are really low.