Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: It seems that the Canadians are having it crammed down their throat....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Canadian college's tenure track position open only for 'women, transgender, non-binary, or two-spirit' people

The Ontario Human Rights Code allows for 'special programs' designed to assist underrepresented groups

The University of Waterloo announced an opening for a tenure track position last month that is only available to "qualified individuals who self-identify as women, transgender, non-binary, or two-spirit."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/canadia...rit-people
What's a woman?
So a guy applies and says he identifies as a woman…what happens?
(04-25-2022, 12:05 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]So a guy applies and says he identifies as a woman…what happens?

How cute is he?
(04-25-2022, 09:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]What's a woman?

I could draw a picture for you that might help.
(04-25-2022, 12:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2022, 12:05 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]So a guy applies and says he identifies as a woman…what happens?

How cute is he?

Daisy Taylor.

hahahaha
(04-25-2022, 02:40 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2022, 09:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]What's a woman?

I could draw a picture for you that might help.

Sure, go ahead. Thanks!
I got it.
They should have stopped at "most qualified".

As a woman I don't have a problem with programs geared towards women. Men will almost always be considered over women for so many things, qualified or not. The problem with the leftist view of this is they don't care if the woman is qualified they just want her in there and it's the same with any underrepresented person. In their world quantity is more important than quality.

Women (and anyone else) will not actually succeed if they don't put in the work and aren't selected based on their qualifications. Sure, they might get the job done or hold a prestigious position or whatever, but there will always be the proverbial asterisk by their names because they didn't earn it, it was given to them. Look no further than our Vice President and the newest Supreme Court judge who were selected solely because of their skin color and their sex.
These types of quota driven programs are why we currently have Kackla as VP. Which is going to massively backfire on the Dems come 2024.
Affirmative action, in hiring, is supposed to be about making sure you're recruiting from as diverse a field of qualified candidates as possible.

Managers usually just want to hire friends and family. Affirmative action is supposed to be about making sure as many people as possible apply.

As an example, if you need some entry level workers with a computer science degree, and you have statistics at hand showing that recent graduating classes in your area for that degree have been 30% asian, but your pool of recruits is only 10% Asian, you probably need to improve your company's outreach with the local Asian community. But that doesn't mean you hire one race and not another. It just means you can make the best hiring decision once you have a representative and diverse field of candidates.

Now, affirmative action in other areas is a lot more convoluted and a lot less helpful for society, but for hiring it can really help.

All that said, if you start a process with, "I'm hiring a black woman," that's not really affirmative action. That's being a casting director in a movie or something.
(04-25-2022, 02:53 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]I got it.

So does someone else...

[Image: aNp1wpr_700b.jpg]

(04-26-2022, 09:58 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Affirmative action, in hiring, is supposed to be about making sure you're recruiting from as diverse a field of qualified candidates as possible.

Managers usually just want to hire friends and family.  Affirmative action is supposed to be about making sure as many people as possible apply.

As an example, if you need some entry level workers with a computer science degree, and you have statistics at hand showing that recent graduating classes in your area for that degree have been 30% asian, but your pool of recruits is only 10% Asian, you probably need to improve your company's outreach with the local Asian community.  But that doesn't mean you hire one race and not another. It just means you can make the best hiring decision once you have a representative and diverse field of candidates.

Now, affirmative action in other areas is a lot more convoluted and a lot less helpful for society, but for hiring it can really help.

All that said, if you start a process with, "I'm hiring a black woman," that's not really affirmative action.  That's being a casting director in a movie or something.

Usually? How much hiring have you ever done?
Who's that in the pic?
(04-27-2022, 07:57 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Who's that in the pic?

That would be Daisy Taylor.
(04-26-2022, 02:08 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]These types of quota driven programs are why we currently have Kackla as VP.  Which is going to massively backfire on the Dems come 2024.

The real irony is that quota driven hirings/appointments are discriminatory, which is theoretically what they're intended to prevent.  The Left don't want to see it, of course.
(04-27-2022, 08:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2022, 07:57 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Who's that in the pic?

That would be Daisy Taylor.

Prettiest man I've ever seen. haha
Sometimes, it does not pay to do your own research.
(04-27-2022, 09:21 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes, it does not pay to do your own research.

Bwahahahahahahahaha.

Seriously though... hard to tell until the reveal Big Grin
Welcome to the hit new night time game show "Sausage or Taco" where unwrapping your dinner is just half the fun!
(04-27-2022, 02:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the hit new night time game show "Sausage or Taco" where unwrapping your dinner is just half the fun!

"...that's not fair - it's bigger than mine and they don't even want it!"

Five Star Review.