Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Transgender Rikers Inmate Sentenced for Raping a Female Prisoner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you claim you're Transgendered, well, they should have their own wings in the jails/prisons......

Transgender Rikers Inmate Sentenced for Raping a Female Prisoner

A transgender inmate at Rikers Island reportedly raped a female prisoner and has been sentenced to seven years, the New York Post reported Monday.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/madelinele...4ySwjZ9G8E
The system works everyone. No need to look into it.
In an earlier thread I said trans prisoners should not get gender reassignment surgery.
I'd pay for it for this individual though.
But I'd skimp on the anesthetic. Hope that's OK with him/her.
"Transgender" people really need mental help.
(04-27-2022, 05:40 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]"Transgender" people really need mental help.

I agree.  But, those that put crap into law that allows this to happen, or push to make it happen,  also need mental help. I honestly don’t know if they are just that stupid or don’t care and trying to run the country into the ground.
(04-27-2022, 06:25 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2022, 05:40 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]"Transgender" people really need mental help.

I agree.  But, those that put crap into law that allows this to happen, or push to make it happen,  also need mental help. I honestly don’t know if they are just that stupid or don’t care and trying to run the country into the ground.

Yes.
(04-27-2022, 06:25 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]

You have to look at the financial backers. Our politicians are, by and large, a bunch of opportunists.
Progressives look for these "oppressed minority" issues because historically it brings voters out to the polls for them. Racial oppression is not as bad as it used to be, so they started discussing oppression against gays. As soon as gays were allowed to marry, progressives had to find a new oppressed group they could promise to help.
(04-28-2022, 08:48 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Progressives look for these "oppressed minority" issues because historically it brings voters out to the polls for them. Racial oppression is not as bad as it used to be, so they started discussing oppression against gays.  As soon as gays were allowed to marry, progressives had to find a new oppressed group they could promise to help.

One day, it will be pedophiles. It's already happening in tiny increments.
(04-28-2022, 08:48 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Progressives look for these "oppressed minority" issues because historically it brings voters out to the polls for them. Racial oppression is not as bad as it used to be, so they started discussing oppression against gays. As soon as gays were allowed to marry, progressives had to find a new oppressed group they could promise to help.

I don't see the voting benefit. There are an estimated 2% of homosexuals in America. Even less transgender, less than 1%.. I know elections are close now, but is that going to move the needle that much? This is about more than voting and elections. African Americans at 13% makes sense, but not the other. As for the financial benefit to corporations, the same holds true, i don't see the benefit to the corporation from the minority community, other than maybe threatening to hold back corporate blackmail from these groups who will smear them as hate companies if they don't favor their agenda. If people who disagreed with/opposed LGBTQ policies would just boycott product offered by companies supporting the agendas via advertising or funding, then that might get thier attention more than a squeeky wheel fringe group. However, the corporate web is too intertwined now, and many times its impossible to find a corporate alternative that doesn't support those agendas. Its either too difficult to untangle that web, or just too much trouble or too expensive, and so most people just say screw it, i'll hold my nose and do business with them. Of course, many people don't care or don't do any research to determine any of that, so ignorance is bliss for them.
Is not about the marginalized group. It's about mobilizing the larger group of ideologues that think they're helping the marginalized group. Dems need a cause.
(04-28-2022, 10:27 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Is not about the marginalized group. It's about mobilizing the larger group of ideologues that think they're helping the marginalized group. Dems need a cause.

Totally agree with you, I was just responding to his post about it being a 'votes' issue. Numerically, at least for now, I don't see how it can be.
(04-28-2022, 10:27 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Is not about the marginalized group. It's about mobilizing the larger group of ideologues that think they're helping the marginalized group. Dems need a cause.

Exactly.  It really doesn't matter how big the group is. You can convince people who are not in that group that they are doing the right thing by voting to help that group.  

The battle over racial oppression may never be over because it has so many layers and plays out in so many different ways.

The battle over gay oppression is hardly discussed anymore now that gays can marry and public school kids can be openly gay. That may flare up again but for now it's quiet.  The straight kids aren't feeling forced to do or say anything for the gay kids, and sexual harassment and bullying seem to be reduced, if anything, but that could change.

The battle over trans rights may also be wrapping up.  The supreme court gave them everything they wanted in employment law. Women's sports is a sideshow, and there's wide consensus that what the NCAA did with women's swimming was a travesty. The only remaining battles are how to deal with kids, and if trans surgery should be covered by insurance.  The first issue, a lot of people care about, and consensus seems to be growing that surgery and opposite gender hormones should never be an option before age 18.  We are still deciding how we feel about letting people under 18 take puberty blockers or change their pronouns, and I suspect we'll be OK with that.  The second issue, medical insurance, it's hard to see people caring either way about that.

So that will leave progressives with racial oppression only.  And they will continue to take real instances of racial problems and over emphasize them, while their counterparts will continue to do their best to ignore them.