Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: john metchie wont be there in 3rd round we ne need to trade 60th and 65th picks..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
thoughts..
wut
I think we need to be aggressive. Jags have way too many picks still. Package it up and move in on a player you just have to have. Wr or lg/center in the second round hopefully. I'm very impressed that balkie showed some nuts and moved in to get lloyd!
agreed

Metchie, Watson, McBride will all be gone and id trade both 3s for a difference maker on offense
Not necessarily for metchie, but would be okay with trading back up for a quality WR.
(04-29-2022, 01:49 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]I think we need to be aggressive. Jags have way too many picks still. Package it up and move in on a player you just have to have. Wr or lg/center in the second round hopefully. I'm very impressed that balkie showed some nuts and moved in to get lloyd!

Yes, the Jags 5 6th and 7th round picks have a low likelihood to net an active player on game days without a rash of injuries. That means the Jags only have really 3 picks to get players who will have the likelihood to be contributors -- both 3rd round picks and 5th round picks.

But, those 5 picks are not going to move the needle in any trade because it looks like most know this is not a deep draft. Just look at the number of 1st round trades. Even using the old trade chart shows they together have little value other than moving the 3rd round picks up maybe 3-6 spots to a very late 2nd round pick or trading all of them for a 4th round pick.

They have very little capital to move up into the early 2nd round unless you want to start trading 2023 draft picks or give up both 3rd round picks.

So which is better? Two 3rd round picks or a 2nd and a 4th round pick.
(04-29-2022, 04:23 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2022, 01:49 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]I think we need to be aggressive. Jags have way too many picks still. Package it up and move in on a player you just have to have. Wr or lg/center in the second round hopefully. I'm very impressed that balkie showed some nuts and moved in to get lloyd!

Yes, the Jags 5 6th and 7th round picks have a low likelihood to net an active player on game days without a rash of injuries. That means the Jags only have really 3 picks to get players who will have the likelihood to be contributors -- both 3rd round picks and 5th round picks.

But, those 5 picks are not going to move the needle in any trade because it looks like most know this is not a deep draft. Just look at the number of 1st round trades. Even using the old trade chart shows they together have little value other than moving the 3rd round picks up maybe 3-6 spots to a very late 2nd round pick or trading all of them for a 4th round pick.

They have very little capital to move up into the early 2nd round unless you want to start trading 2023 draft picks or give up both 3rd round picks.

So which is better? Two 3rd round picks or a 2nd and a 4th round pick.

Factor in that there are 9 comp picks at the end of the 3rd round.  That pushes down the value of a 4th round pick.
There will be some quality players available with the two 3rd round picks. I would advocate being patient and adding two more good players for this roster with those picks.
(04-29-2022, 12:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]wut

Exactly.

NH3...
They still have too many needs to fill to fork over a pair of quality 3rd RD picks tonight. They already forked over a fourth. They still have a trio of sixth round picks to work with. I am open to trading up if it only costs the 70th pick and maybe a pair of sixth round picks.

I think it has to be for an interior offensive lineman though. I don't think it's going to be for a WR or TE. I really don't. I wouldn't get my hopes up. I warned of this last week. That run at WR was going to happen and it really threw a wrench now into what's fixing to happen early in RD2.

I think they really need to be looking at a guard, right tackle or center tonight if they trade up. Darian Kinnard, Jamaree Salyer & Cam Jurgens are names I would keep in mind tonight if they make any kind of move up. I think they're content with the Christian Kirk, Zay Jones & Evan Ingram signings on offense.

The offensive line still needs some work. That's the move IMHO.
I'm probably lower than most on Metchie, but I have 9 WRs I like better than him still on the board. I wouldn't be upset with him on the team, but no thanks on a trade up for him. Also, if you're looking at a 5'11" ~185lb receiver like Metchie, I specifically like Wan'dale Robinson significantly more than him at that same size. I just think we're probably looking for a 6'1"+ size guy more than anything given our current WR room and 6 of the guys I have ahead of him meet that requirement.
(01-11-2022, 03:12 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2022, 03:06 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like we are getting BoB

Where does it "sound like" that?

(04-29-2022, 08:04 AM)ATLjag Wrote: [ -> ]There will be some quality players available with the two 3rd round picks. I would advocate being patient and adding two more good players for this roster with those picks.
(04-29-2022, 08:17 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]I'm probably lower than most on Metchie, but I have 9 WRs I like better than him still on the board.  I wouldn't be upset with him on the team, but no thanks on a trade up for him.  Also, if you're looking at a 5'11" ~185lb receiver like Metchie, I specifically like Wan'dale Robinson significantly more than him at that same size.  I just think we're probably looking for a 6'1"+ size guy more than anything given our current WR room and 6 of the guys I have ahead of him meet that requirement.

I think you're fixing to see a run on WR's right off the bat tonight. Probably another three to four of them are going between picks 33 - 46. I think the cost to move up to get one is just too high. 

I think they knew this was going to happen and I think they're content with what they did in free agency. Nobody liked this when I said it very, very earlier on this year. 

Justyn Ross is probably a guy they're hoping to land later on during Saturday. David Bell would be an ideal pick up as well. Not really fast guys. But, decent size with hands. Ross with the obvious connection at Clemson with Lawrence. I would take Bell 70th overall if they trade up and get an interior offensive lineman or right tackle tonight and just be done with it. 

Starting DE, starting LB, starting G/C/T and a possession receiver on 3rd downs for Lawrence is not a bad haul overall.
No way! Do not trade those 3rd round picks. We have 65, 70 and 157. I would focus on packaging a 6th with any of those. but not any one of the 3 together.
I'm also not saying Metchie doesn't get snagged somewhere in the 2nd round. He very well may. I would just be content with not trading up for any receiver given the depth at the position in this draft. I think someone or multiple guys will be there in the 3rd if we covet the position over another need at that time.

(04-29-2022, 08:24 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2022, 08:17 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]I'm probably lower than most on Metchie, but I have 9 WRs I like better than him still on the board.  I wouldn't be upset with him on the team, but no thanks on a trade up for him.  Also, if you're looking at a 5'11" ~185lb receiver like Metchie, I specifically like Wan'dale Robinson significantly more than him at that same size.  I just think we're probably looking for a 6'1"+ size guy more than anything given our current WR room and 6 of the guys I have ahead of him meet that requirement.

I think you're fixing to see a run on WR's right off the bat tonight. Probably another three to four of them are going between picks 33 - 46. I think the cost to move up to get one is just too high. 

I think they knew this was going to happen and I think they're content with what they did in free agency. Nobody liked this when I said it very, very earlier on this year. 

Justyn Ross is probably a guy they're hoping to land later on during Saturday. David Bell would be an ideal pick up as well. Not really fast guys. But, decent size with hands. Ross with the obvious connection at Clemson with Lawrence. I would take Bell 70th overall if they trade up and get an interior offensive lineman or right tackle tonight and just be done with it. 

Starting DE, starting LB, starting G/C/T and a possession receiver on 3rd downs for Lawrence is not a bad haul overall.

Agreed on David Bell.  He's no speedster, but does an exceptional job at creating last second separation when the ball is headed his way.
(04-29-2022, 12:34 AM)chris hill Wrote: [ -> ]thoughts..

My thought is that most are struggling against delusion with respect to our WR situation.

We spent a fortune on FA for WR this year (and last!) trying to bolster the group. That may be because they did not believe it feasible to land a top WR in this draft, or that they did not like the qualities in this year's prospects, or they value NFL experience in their WR, especially when working with a now second-year QB. I don't know what specifically factored their decision, but the notion that we were going to trade up for one of the big 4 (in reality 8, considering picks and trades done last night) was pure fantasy and denial of what we've already done in an attempt to address WR.

I still don't think at this stage in the offseason the FO sees WR as a desperate need, or that this year's prospects are as can't miss as a lot of people here do. I would be very shocked to see us do more than toss a late pick at a developmental guy who ends up spending most of his first year covering kicks. There's always the chance that a guy falls and value is too good to pass up (like the Jets with J. Johnson last night), but after the spree in RD1, do you think any WR in going to fall?
(04-29-2022, 09:53 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]

My thought is that most are struggling against delusion with respect to our WR situation.

We spent a fortune on FA for WR this year (and last!) trying to bolster the group. That may be because they did not believe it feasible to land a top WR in this draft, or that they did not like the qualities in this year's prospects, or they value NFL experience in their WR, especially when working with a now second-year QB. I don't know what specifically factored their decision, but the notion that we were going to trade up for one of the big 4 (in reality 8, considering picks and trades done last night) was pure fantasy and denial of what we've already done in an attempt to address WR.

I still don't think at this stage in the offseason the FO sees WR as a desperate need, or that this year's prospects are as can't miss as a lot of people here do. I would be very shocked to see us do more than toss a late pick at a developmental guy who ends up spending most of his first year covering kicks. There's always the chance that a guy falls and value is too good to pass up (like the Jets with J. Johnson last night), but after the spree in RD1, do you think any WR in going to fall?

Very good take. I hope to see TE and IOL as the picks tonight. But if Metchie does fall, I am hoping we take him. And most definitely do not package 65, 70 or 157 with each other. Now, packaging the 6th and 7th rounders to the earlier spots to move up is fine.
I want Tyquan Thornton out of Baylor. Speedy, Elusive, Great Hands !!

(04-29-2022, 09:53 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]

Agree
(04-29-2022, 10:34 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2022, 09:53 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]My thought is that most are struggling against delusion with respect to our WR situation.

Very good take. I hope to see TE and IOL as the picks tonight. But if Metchie does fall, I am hoping we take him. And most definitely do not package 65, 70 or 157 with each other. Now, packaging the 6th and 7th rounders to the earlier spots to move up is fine.

Agreed, we need to use 65, 70 and 157 ourselves. How many of the 6th we use is up for debate. (we have 3 remaining) The 7th's are mostly worthless. They are like designated UFA's.

The plan they had is becoming apparent after the first round. Spent FA dollars on O-line, WR's, TE and CB.  Used first portion on defense. I guess we will see us build depth now..
(04-29-2022, 10:50 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]I want Tyquan Thornton out of Baylor.  Speedy, Elusive, Great Hands !!

I’d be very happy to land him as well.
Pages: 1 2