Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Founder Of BLM Memphis Is Sentenced To Six Years In Prison For Illegally Voting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Founder Of BLM Memphis Is Sentenced To Six Years In Prison For Illegally Voting

The founder of the Black Lives Matter Memphis chapter has been sentenced to six years in prison after she was convicted of illegally registering to vote after she pleaded guilty to felonies back in 2015 when Hillary Clinton was the frontrunner for the presidential race.

https://crime.awm.com/founder-of-blm-mem...HNmlBqVMUU
This is a terrible ruling and an unjustifiable sentence.
The penalty for trying to register to vote when you're not supposed to should be that you are simply removed from the rolls. The state should keep your name on a list of people who can't vote so that no one makes that mistake twice.
The state made a mistake by allowing her to register and she should not be punished for a mistake that the state made.
Of course this would all be much simpler if we just said "you can vote once you get out of jail." Most states do it that way.
(04-29-2022, 04:04 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]This is a terrible ruling and an unjustifiable sentence.
The penalty for trying to register to vote when you're not supposed to should be that you are simply removed from the rolls.  The state should keep your name on a list of people who can't vote so that no one makes that mistake twice. 
The state made a mistake by allowing her to register and she should not be punished for a mistake that the state made.
If course this would all be much simpler if we just said "you can vote once you get out of jail." Most states do it that way.

I disagree, this racist criminal thought she was above the law and she found out she’s not. The last election was stolen, they should do more of this to send a message that election fraud is a SERIOUS crime and if you do it, you’ll pay!!
This is precisely why we need voter ID laws to be tightened up and not loosened, and for Voter databases to be up to date.
(04-29-2022, 05:26 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]This is precisely why we need voter ID laws to be tightened up and not loosened, and for Voter databases to be up to date.

Her identity was never in dispute. 
Photo ID for voting is a good idea, I'm not sure if Tennessee does it, but regardless it wouldn't have helped in this case.
(04-29-2022, 05:26 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]This is precisely why we need voter ID laws to be tightened up and not loosened, and for Voter databases to be up to date.

Yep. But will it happen in blue states? Nope.

(04-29-2022, 11:34 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

Photo ID for voting is a good idea, I'm not sure if Tennessee does it, but regardless it wouldn't have helped in this case.

I guess you missed that part.
(04-29-2022, 11:34 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

If the voter DB is up to date/accurate, TAGGING HER AS A FELON, then she should never have gotten a sniff at voting.

And where is the support of BLM leaders? they should be out (B)uying her a (L)arge (M)ansion for her loyal service.
(05-02-2022, 02:18 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2022, 11:34 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Her identity was never in dispute. 

If the voter DB is up to date/accurate, TAGGING HER AS A FELON, then she should never have gotten a sniff at voting.

And where is the support of BLM leaders?  they should be out (B)uying  her a (L)arge (M)ansion for her loyal service.

Felons had their voting rights restored in a great many states.