Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gotsis Coming Back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've gotsis.

Do you?
That guy plays hard. A great back up who can produce
Gotsis makes a ton of big plays for us, love the guy. I specifically remembered him tackling Derrick Henry for a 7 yard loss or something big like that. He also had some blocked extra points last season.
Good rotational piece. Our front 7 is stacked

Meyer would love these moves. Top 4th unit in the league
At the end of last year he was playing his best ball in a Jaguars uniform.
He's an ok depth guy.  However, with a couple of free agent signings on the defensive line, I'm not sure Gotsis makes the roster this year.  I hope he's getting little to no guaranteed money.
He outplayed Roy Roberson-Harris, and we aren't paying him 23.4M over 3 yrs. Ripoff.
I think he has an unsung hero. I remember him walloping guys.
Just want to point out a real positive trend this offseason. We are actually retaining our players. It feels good because it means that players finally want to play for us.
I didn't realize he's 29.

But anyway, glad to have him back, because I thought he played well for us last year.
(05-04-2022, 12:23 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't realize he's 29. 

But anyway, glad to have him back, because I thought he played well for us last year.

Yea for some reason I thought he was 40. Was shocked to find out he's my age lol
(05-03-2022, 10:41 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]He outplayed Roy Roberson-Harris, and we aren't paying him 23.4M over 3 yrs.  Ripoff.

Yes, hyphenated guy was the worst free agent signing. Jihad was another dud - his interpretation of jihad was to make peace not war with opposing QBs. Did either of them lodge a sack? What’s the cap penalty for cutting hyphenated guy now? He’s totally expendable, just a guy.
(05-03-2022, 11:51 PM)Jagsman Wrote: [ -> ]Just want to point out a real positive trend this offseason. We are actually retaining our players. It feels good because it means that players finally want to play for us.

...or that we are acquiring players worth keeping. 
/glares at Chiasson
(05-04-2022, 05:24 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2022, 10:41 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]He outplayed Roy Roberson-Harris, and we aren't paying him 23.4M over 3 yrs.  Ripoff.

Yes, hyphenated guy was the worst free agent signing. Jihad was another dud - his interpretation of jihad was to make peace not war with opposing QBs. Did either of them lodge a sack? What’s the cap penalty for cutting hyphenated guy now? He’s totally expendable, just a guy.

Roy's full salary (6M) is guaranteed, plus bonus amortization (4.6M) means we'd eat 10M+ to send him packing. He had 3 sacks, but I never thought he was brought in the rush the passer.

Next year he's a lot more affordable to cut, so I imagine next offseason we'll see a lot of these recent FA purged (Jenkins, Roy, MJJ, Manhertz?)
I guess he cant be traded because you have to have a team that would want to trade for him. Hopefully the jags can get some production out of him.
Disagree on RRH, I thought he did well. Happy to have him.
RRH seemed to be battling injuries last year. Hopefully he's heal
(05-04-2022, 09:52 AM)Holger Wrote: [ -> ]Disagree on RRH, I thought he did well. Happy to have him.

Yeah, he's a solid rotational piece at a spot that calls for lots of rotation. 

Mike Caldwell now has a full stable of DL and LB pieces to create different packages to battle the run and another set of packages to defend the pass and attack the QB. Can't wait to see how it shakes out.
RRH is very stout at his position, he just isn’t very explosive.
Pages: 1 2